Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DEN to KOA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2012, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

DEN to KOA

Current chart has saver seats on certain dates but not the one I want. The date I want is 40K vs 20K, one way. 2 of us with UAL miles going next February. Should I wait until closer to departure to see if the date I want, a Saturday, drops from 40K to 20K miles or grab the 20K miles while available.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:11 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by bearcatjd
Current chart has saver seats on certain dates but not the one I want. The date I want is 40K vs 20K, one way. 2 of us with UAL miles going next February. Should I wait until closer to departure to see if the date I want, a Saturday, drops from 40K to 20K miles or grab the 20K miles while available.
Grab the one that is available now for 20K if the day is workable for you. If your preferred date becomes available before the close-in day, you can always change the date for free.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Can you find seats to HNL on the day you want? Book those and buy the HA segments....another option is fly to ITO and drive back over to the Kona side (the drive is not that bad).
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Can you find seats to HNL on the day you want? Book those and buy the HA segments....another option is fly to ITO and drive back over to the Kona side (the drive is not that bad).
Looks like .bomb will let them combine UA & HA segments on the award ticket, which would save them the cost of buying tix.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Exec Plat
True, but at a cost of 5k additional miles.

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Looks like .bomb will let them combine UA & HA segments on the award ticket, which would save them the cost of buying tix.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
This was always the case with CO - but HA releases very few award seats, so when searching from the mainland to KOA (not on UA metal) with a HA connection, you might be missing availability or options because there are not HA segments for awards - but the ticket might only be $50 if there is a sales.

I would just buy the ticket from DEN on the widebody flight to HNL and buy the HA ticket or keep searching for 5k award seats on another ticket.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Follow up

Thanks to all, but what is ".bomb"?
Old Jul 21, 2012, 9:38 am

".bomb" is slang for United's website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.