Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Partner award 24-hr IRROP, refund for partial unused ticket?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2012, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Diamond Hyatt; Platinum DL, AA, SPG; Gold UA

Purchased CMH-CLT-MSY using 12,500 UA miles, on US Air.

Weather delayed leg 1, arrived in time to see my turn pull away.

Was told next available to MSY was 6:30pm the following day. Special services wouldn't process an alternate airline ticket.

Instead of waiting, I purchased a $180 o/w on Delta CLT-DTW-MSY that arrived by 10am the following day.

Am I entitled to any partial refund of my United miles for the unflown second leg? Do I make that request to UA, or to USAir?

Was also given hotel voucher (*Gold), but I asked to decline the hotel voucher and take the $ value as an electronic travel certificate. I've been able to do this on Delta... But US Air said no way. Anyone have any luck with this?
Old Jul 17, 2012, 5:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mcavin
Am I entitled to any partial refund of my United miles for the unflown second leg? Do I make that request to UA, or to USAir?
IMO no.

Was also given hotel voucher (*Gold), but I asked to decline the hotel voucher and take the $ value as an electronic travel certificate. I've been able to do this on Delta... But US Air said no way. Anyone have any luck with this?
Sounds like a US issue; I'd ask over there.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
No - cmh-clt or to msy is the same mileage.
Doubtful - surprised delta would do this either. Not sure they even were required to give you a hotel voucher given the delay was weather.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 3:39 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Does US/UA have "trip in vain" procedures?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.