Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UAs Official Response to HKG Ticketing/IT Error: Redeem @ Correct Amount or Redeposit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UAs Official Response to HKG Ticketing/IT Error: Redeem @ Correct Amount or Redeposit

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2012, 6:48 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by hobo13
Personally, I don't want any more responses from her.

If I lie to our customers, I could get fired.
Honestly. Get over yourself.

PR professionals are paid to manage the message of their organization/business. If their business/organization decides to change the message or not live up to a promise, it's not the fault of the spokesperson.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 6:49 pm

Programs: All of them...
In my eyes, they need to honor their mistake, the same way I need to honor my mistake (when book a wrong date).

great fun, great knowing all of you........oh how do I get a credit card refund for the taxes charged?

DoT system will have a hard time, for sure...
Old Jul 19, 2012, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
great fun, great knowing all of you........oh how do I get a credit card refund for the taxes charged?
I feel like we need to arrange an after party!
Old Jul 19, 2012, 6:52 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by murphyUA
Probably the correct amount
You've never been over-charged before on a award ticket before
And caught the mistake later and use your 1K free cancellation to get an agent to reset back to right rate.

A non-elite is your situation can easily be told to pound sand!
You didn't catch the wrong zone being charged, too bad so sad.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 6:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Nobody, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by chelmkamp
PR professionals are paid to manage the message of their organization/business. If their business/organization decides to change the message or not live up to a promise, it's not the fault of the spokesperson.
At some point when they repeatedly give out incorrect information it becomes the fault of the spokesperson for staying there and dishing out another line they should know will be untrue.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 6:53 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines

Information regarding award pricing error

Hi Everyone, I want to provide you with a further update on our Hong Kong award programming error from this past weekend. Specifically here’s how we are proceeding with these reservations:
  • For those customers who had sufficient mileage in their account for the correct award amount, the correct amount of miles were deducted at the time of redemption. Any customers who do not intend to use the published number of miles for their ticket may cancel their reservation without paying a fee and we will refund all miles, taxes and fees.

• For those customers who did not have sufficient mileage in their account for the correct award amount, the correct amount of miles could not be deducted at the time of redemption. These tickets have been canceled for non-payment and all taxes and fees have been refunded.

• For those customers who have already begun travel, or are ticketed to begin travel on or before July 21, we will not cancel these tickets and will allow travel to be completed in full. This is intended as an accommodation to those customers whose travel is already underway or the departure date to begin travel is imminent.
We hope you’ll agree this was a unique circumstance. Unlike other widely reported “mistake fares,” the number of miles required for these awards – the correct purchase price – was clearly disclosed to customers throughout the MileagePlus award redemption process and is also available on our MileagePlus travel award chart.

We are in the process of communicating with affected customers at this time. Once again, we appreciate your understanding.

Shannon Kelly
Director, Customer Insights
United Airlines
Old Jul 19, 2012, 6:53 pm

Programs: United 1K & AA Exec Plat
So since they held my payment for 4/5 days, how do I get paid interest on this. Whats the interest these days? They can't take my money then cancel my reservation...
Old Jul 19, 2012, 6:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Wink Delta time?

Time for everyone to come over to Delta!

My airline would NEVER sell a ticket for 4 miles!
Old Jul 19, 2012, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GMUJD06
Flash-mob the first class ticket counters at the hub airports?

Send me the youtube video.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
You've never been over-charged before on a award ticket before
And caught the mistake later and use your 1K free cancellation to get an agent to reset back to right rate.

A non-elite is your situation can easily be told to pound sand!
You didn't catch the wrong zone being charged, too bad so sad.
I think you just proved my point. If I am over-charged, I couldn't have been charged the correct amount, and it should be fixed.

Likewise, if I am undercharged, I couldn't have been charged the correct amount, and it should be fixed.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by milski
Give it some time, it's not like they have been on the fast side, so far.
You're right. I must be patient.
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by UA Insider
  • For those customers who did not have sufficient mileage in their account for the correct award amount, the correct amount of miles could not be deducted at the time of redemption. These tickets have been canceled for non-payment and all taxes and fees have been refunded.

• For those customers who have already begun travel, or are ticketed to begin travel on or before July 21, we will not cancel these tickets and will allow travel to be completed in full. This is intended as an accommodation to those customers whose travel is already underway or the departure date to begin travel is imminent.

We hope you’ll agree this was a unique circumstance. Unlike other widely reported “mistake fares,” the number of miles required for these awards – the correct purchase price – was clearly disclosed to customers throughout the MileagePlus award redemption process and is also available on our MileagePlus travel award chart.
Well-done. ^ Thanks for hanging in here in the face of all the rudeness and attacks.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by GMUJD06
definitely! ....... chat about the adventures of this right?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.