Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Did old UA treat 1K's too well and CO treat lower and non-elites too well?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Did old UA treat 1K's too well and CO treat lower and non-elites too well?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2012, 6:23 pm

Programs: UAL 1K
vote with your feet, it is the only language HQ at Continental aka United will hear. Save your breath, customer service is now located in the hold compartments of the on-order 787 and writing them is an exercise in futility.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 6:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by fieldeng
As a lower tier elite (CO Gold, UA Prem Exec), I felt both airlines treated me pretty well pre-merger. Post merger, UA really collapsed. The declining attitude towards 1k's rolled downhill to 2P's and 1P's. Did I feel they "babied" the 1k's? No. 1k's deserve that level of treatment. They've earned it by flying 100,000 EQM or 100 EQS (now 120). OTOH, Continental didn't really go out of their way to treat their Top Tier guys like that. If anything, 1k's are now getting that treatment.

Pre Merger, I felt UA was on par with AA at the lower tier levels. Now, it's not close.
I disagree with the entire UA treated non elites like dirt idea. I started flying UA consistently in 1997, and it wasn't until 2001 where I reached 2P, and then 1P for the next few years after that. Before I reached 1K I never resented the treatment they got, because I figured that if you're going to fly 100,000 miles a year, you ought to get something for it. During the 3 years I was 1P, I had a good record of upgrades, and once when on vacation BMI lost my luggage, the 1K baggage desk found it for me - long before I ever became a 1K.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 8:24 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz Prez; Former UA GS
I hate (new) UA but I love this forum!

It's so refreshing to read the comments from both PMCO and PMUA fliers...we finally found some common ground: the new United sucks! I love you guys!

I also somewhat disagree with the "UA treated non-elites poorly" comments... I was treated quite well as a GM. I loved that I could buy priority security for a day and purchase an Economy Plus seat. I also valued the unique Channel 9 and the friendly New York-based flight crews. It's why I chose to stay loyal to UA in the first place. I remember my mileage upgrade clearing on a p.s. flight as a GM in 2009... I was happy, and ready to buy more tickets...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.