High-level customer service contact?

Old Jul 16, 12, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, AA EXP, DL Diamond, AS MVP75, AmEx Cent, Misc Hotel Bling, Moms love me
High-level customer service contact?

Can anyone share an e-mail or phone number for someone in a high enough position to look into a rather serious customer service problem?

I don't want to go into all of the details here, but it involves a gate agent yelling at several passengers before cursing at me as well as a flight attendant and pilot. Crew was great and said they would be filing a report themselves on how they'd been treated, but I want to make sure someone high enough up to do something about this agent is made aware.
Old Jul 16, 12, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, Avis 1st
Wow that sounds awful, I'd suggest sending an email Smisek @ [email protected] or send a PM to UA Insider.
Old Jul 16, 12, 2:43 pm

Programs: United 1k, Hilton Diamond
I actually had an UA employee give me his email and suggested I write about my problems and received a phone call within 2 days from the hub manager to address them. I told them i did not want miles or a credit-- I want to be able to take my flights as I was able to do so pre-3-3, but wanted them to be aware how bads things still are.
Old Jul 16, 12, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, AA EXP, DL Diamond, AS MVP75, AmEx Cent, Misc Hotel Bling, Moms love me
Thanks folks - I don't think Simsek needs to hear this, but I'd appreciate someone in the exec offices (like I used to have at the old UA) for serious problems. I don't want compensation (they already gave me an online cert) but this gate agent really needs some serious help.

I know the pilot will be talking to someone as well based on what happened, but as a customer who took the AA challenge with no intention of going over to AA forever...well, on the same day:

1) I witnessed this total 1K call-line and agent melt-down
2) Got a call from AA corp offices asking how I'm enjoying my status and how they can do better.

As a UA stockholder, I'm very concerned...but also (maybe irrationally) want to keep UA going so want someone who really would be interested in acting on this feedback.
Old Jul 16, 12, 6:27 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
You at least need to name the hub...
Old Jul 16, 12, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by escapefromphl View Post
You at least need to name the hub...
Based on my profile and what happened, should be pretty obvious it was IAD lol
Old Jul 16, 12, 8:42 pm

Programs: United 1K, Delta PM, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, National Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by ironmanjt View Post
Can anyone share an e-mail or phone number for someone in a high enough position to look into a rather serious customer service problem?

I don't want to go into all of the details here, but it involves a gate agent yelling at several passengers before cursing at me as well as a flight attendant and pilot. Crew was great and said they would be filing a report themselves on how they'd been treated, but I want to make sure someone high enough up to do something about this agent is made aware.
I suggest emailing Smisek, he will pass it off to Sharon or someone in the exec offices.