Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award booking via website or call-in?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2012, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Question Award booking via website or call-in?

Signing in as a Silver, coach saver awards are found. However these same flights are not shown for a non-elite.
Can a non-elite call in to the awards desk and obtain saver awards for the flights being shown to the Silver?
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The award inventory is defined by the elite status of the account from which the miles are withdrawn. If you're seeing XN inventory which makes the award available to you that would not be available to someone who doesn't have elite status.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:20 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
Need credit card

Officially, only non-elites carrying a Mileage Plus credit card have access to the "elite" inventory.

As far as calling in, I just booked several award tickets online that not even the 1K line reservation agent could see on his computer, so YMMV.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by megalab
Officially, only non-elites carrying a Mileage Plus credit card have access to the "elite" inventory.
I think the CC holders have access to last-seat availability for standard awards, not the elite saver awards.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 2:54 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by mduell
I think the CC holders have access to last-seat availability for standard awards, not the elite saver awards.
You're clarification is correct.

"...MileagePlus Premier® members have unrestricted access to Standard Awards. This benefit is also available to members who hold a MileagePlus Explorer, Select, Access, Club, Visa Signature or Business Credit Card, or a OnePass Plus, Presidential Plus, Visa Signature or Business Credit Card. If there's a United seat for sale, these members can get it with award miles, guaranteed, even if it's the last seat on the airplane..."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.