Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

No more UA flights to Taiwan in November?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more UA flights to Taiwan in November?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2012, 12:20 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
earlier thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-november.html
Old Sep 23, 2012, 1:10 am
Suspended

I have a confirmed ticket for SFO-NRT-TPE for October, all UA metals.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by Mama
I have a confirmed ticket for SFO-NRT-TPE for October, all UA metals.
It's the end of Oct.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 4:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BR, UA 1k, CX
Originally Posted by username
I chatted with a UA employee who does scheduling. He said that things are just so busy right now, they frequently just get the schedule out without a lot of checking. So, I would not be surprised that the return of the NRT-TPE flight in December is a mistake.

I called the TPE office and they confirmed the flight is discontinued as of end of October. I did not specifically ask about December. I guess it is possible that UA decided to operate the flight in December to accommodate all the students going back to Taiwan for Christmas breaks.
I wonder if anything will change with Taiwanese not needing Visa's to the states now, seems there will increase in travel to Hawaii and other vacation spots.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 7:16 am

Update at 0600GMT 24APR13

As per 24APR13 GDS timetable display, UNITED plans to resume San Francisco – Taipei Taoyuan service from 29MAR14. The Star Alliance member previously planned to resume this route from April 2013, but pushed back to June 2013 due to aircraft redeployment issue. Further delay to late-March 2014 was announced on 01APR13. Upon service resumption, UNITED will operate Boeing 747-400 aircraft on this route.

Reservation for this route is expected to open around May 2013.

UA871 SFO1330 – 1755+1TPE 744 D
UA872 TPE1155 – 0815SFO 744 D

UA872 begins from 31MAR13
Old Apr 24, 2013, 9:16 am

Programs: UA
wow. fare to tpe has shot up pretty high. nyc area to tpe around 1800 now, and the lowest you can get is V through ua because of the nrt-tpe NH segment. for only a few hundred more, i can book in E on NH to upgrade with miles to C. not sure what BR is doing w/r/t milage bonuses. for the same 1800, I can book in delux but will likely need to forgo the bonus miles.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 10:30 am

Programs: United: Gold, HHonors: Gold, Marriott: Gold, AA, US, AGR
Originally Posted by nycua1k
wow. fare to tpe has shot up pretty high. nyc area to tpe around 1800 now, and the lowest you can get is V through ua because of the nrt-tpe NH segment. for only a few hundred more, i can book in E on NH to upgrade with miles to C. not sure what BR is doing w/r/t milage bonuses. for the same 1800, I can book in delux but will likely need to forgo the bonus miles.
I noticed the same, and it's because the capacity between NRT-TPE (and connections from the US) has decreased substantially ever since United cut the NRT-TPE connection. And I also did notice that the lowest fare that I can get is a V fare because of the NH segment.

Try searching to and from Songshan/TSA. It would require a connection in HND (and from the East Coast, a connection in LAX for NH1005/NH1006), but there are usually fares that are $200 cheaper.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 2:55 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
More discussion recently on TPE fares in
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...cts-fares.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ce-22-3-a.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.