Community
Wiki Posts
Search

In-flight crew efforts to bridge the gap

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2012, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
^^.

And even if you did mention it, it would not bother anyone, no one would care and half the flight would not be listening anyway. These announcements bother a tiny tiny fraction of people, most of them right here on FT. They call it "petty" for the crews to do this and while I guess that true, what's more petty? A crew member for saying this over his P.A. or some fool who actually "boo's" this out loud?
Obviously it's bothering YOU. Management just came out with an announcement to the CAL pilots to follow the FOM for PA announcements. That book says be truthful, so expect more PA announcements saying operated by CAL crews I guess. Might want to try "ignoring" the welcome aboard PA if it upsets you is all I can advise. Most of you ignore the FA safety briefings, so shouldn't be too hard to do.

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
That's Union foolishness. You know as well as I do that part could have gone right to you. Especially if as you say, you can borrow one from American. The only reason you could not get the part was cuz THAT mechanic did not want to give it to you. In a perfect world he should lose his job for that

But I guess by giving you that part, he would be considered a trader, or someone with no morals for going against the Union and not thinking for himself.
Ahh, another FTer with all the answers. If only the country was run by the experts on this forum, we'd be growing at 8% and have no deficit any longer.

Originally Posted by goalie
AD-

That's nuts! (not you but what tbe mechanic said :-)). If PMUA called the part a thingamajig and PMCO called it a thingamabob yet except for the name and/or who paid for it, if the FAA and the plane manufacturer says it will work in a PMUA or a PMCO aircraft and the captain is ok with it as well so long as there is no safety issue, I say use the damn part, fix the plane, get the delayed aircraft out to do the job it's supposed to do and deal with who owes who what afterwards
Yep, it is nuts. Even the mechanic said so.

AD

Last edited by aluminumdriver; Jul 13, 2012 at 3:56 pm
Old Jul 13, 2012, 4:50 pm

Location: New Orleans on a sabattical. My roots are in Los Angeles.
Programs: Chase Palladium, AMEX Plat, UA Plat, AA EXP, HH/SPG G, PC plat
Originally Posted by sbm12
It seems that there is a growing number of in-flight crew who are fed up with the us v them mentality of the two sides of the company. Some FAs have launched a simple program to have crew members trade their scarves or ties with members from the "other side." The goal is to get to a more unified and friendly place for all the crew much more quickly than union contract negotiations can ever realize.

I'm supporting the effort and hopeful that it is successful. They seem to have a decent bit of momentum and growing quickly given that they just started last week.

More details:
United in-flight crews make efforts to bridge labor strife
Facebook Page
Twitter Account
Nice!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.