Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Please help with upcoming award booking: PEK-ANC(stopover)-BDL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please help with upcoming award booking: PEK-ANC(stopover)-BDL

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2012, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Question Please help with upcoming award booking: PEK-ANC(stopover)-BDL

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping seasoned travelers can help me with booking the following UA award flight. I'm looking to go from PEK to BDL, with a stopover in ANC. This one-way would ideally happen July 31 and August 2. I'd like it to be in either saver economy or saver first. Don't care about routing so long as I can get saver (which I believe would be 70k miles plus fees) and have a stopover in ANC. I'm actually also wondering about the stopover rules--how long can it be? I'm looking for something like 1-2 days if possible. My understanding is also that for such a complex itinerary, I would need to call in to book it after I find them online.

I searched on UA and awardnexus, and don't see anything in saver right now for those 3 days. I've also tried some other routings such as through SFO, LAX, ICN, etc. Nada in all. Is it pretty much hopeless? Any advice would be appreciated as using cash for this routing would set me back thousands!

Thank you!

Edit: I should note that this would be the second half of a round trip ticket. Although I think it would be considered open jaw as the first half was to and from different cities. Hope since it was booked under one confirmation, this would still allow a stopover.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 7:41 am
Suspended

I can see a few problems 1- its Peak time for ANC so Id be Extremely surprised if there was any saver seats still available.

2- I think flying UA into SFO or LAX and then up to ANC would end up with total miles being above the max allowed

3-does any *A partner fly from their Hub non-stop into ANC that might be your best bet to get to ANC still. leaves the problem with finding a flight out
Old Jul 9, 2012, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
there are no stopovers on one-way awards so yours will be two awards
Asia-North America, and a domestic one - cost will be 30+12.5 in coach, or 60+25 in business/domestic first.

There is a business seat available on Jul.30 PEK-NRT-LAX-YVR-ANC - but it requires overnights in NRT and YVR.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 8:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rankourabu
there are no stopovers on one-way awards so yours will be two awards
Asia-North America, and a domestic one - cost will be 30+12.5 in coach, or 60+25 in business/domestic first.

There is a business seat available on Jul.30 PEK-NRT-LAX-YVR-ANC - but it requires overnights in NRT and YVR.
The OP did say at the bottom of their post " this will be the 2nd half of a r/t tkt" so a StopOver should be OK, since they werent booking 1 way tkts
Old Jul 9, 2012, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by craz
The OP did say at the bottom of their post " this will be the 2nd half of a r/t tkt" so a StopOver should be OK, since they werent booking 1 way tkts
stranger things have happened ... stopover in ANC on the way from China to the East coast .... if OP pulls this off then ^

but availability is a serious issue this late in the game.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.