Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2012, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by SFO777
With an SQ Suites ticket, pretty sure OP will be able to use the SQ Lounge.
As usual, you're almost definitely right. I just think UA has the capacity to mess up anything these days, including the simplest, most obvious matters.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 2:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EP, UA 1K, DL GM, Tumlare Bussresor Super Class
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Oh, I think this is just an automatic message that goes out if there are any changes. I received this even though the change doesn't affect our other flights at all, as we'll be originating in SFO.
I received the same message. My itinerary starts in SFO, so there is no connection that can get affected. The arrival time into SFO on the return has been delayed one hour, but I haven't received any message about that.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Yup, got my notice and ticket reissue. Panicked when I saw it call R Business, thinking SQ had downgraded us all, but then read the thread and realized what was going on. Guess most res systems still read R as upgraded Business. Of course it was once used as the designator for Concorde ticketing.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 10:44 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Guess most res systems still read R as upgraded Business. Of course it was once used as the designator for Concorde ticketing.
Wow that is some memory you have.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 10:54 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Can UA lookup the SQ PNR for these? Just called and agent clearly saw ticket and UA PNR but couldnt find SQ PNR. Is everyone calling SQ to get their PNRs?
Old Aug 3, 2012, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Yep. You have to call SQ to get its PNR.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Yep. You have to call SQ to get its PNR.
Not quite.

Originally Posted by paullevi
Can UA lookup the SQ PNR for these? Just called and agent clearly saw ticket and UA PNR but couldnt find SQ PNR. Is everyone calling SQ to get their PNRs?
UA agents can see the PNR but it is not called the SQ PNR, ask for the Amadeus PNR.

The last thing I really want to do is to call SQ. All I need is for some uppity SQ agent deciding to "accidently" put me in coach.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oops! Sorry about my misinformation and thanks for the correction.

Originally Posted by colpuck
Not quite.

UA agents can see the PNR but it is not called the SQ PNR, ask for the Amadeus PNR.

The last thing I really want to do is to call SQ. All I need is for some uppity SQ agent deciding to "accidently" put me in coach.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Oops! Sorry about my misinformation and thanks for the correction.
I thought the same as you. US is never able to give SQ PNRs when you ticket through them, so I would have thought UA is the same!
Old Aug 4, 2012, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
I thought the same as you. US is never able to give SQ PNRs when you ticket through them, so I would have thought UA is the same!
Originally Posted by colpuck
Not quite.

Three Lil Abner's returned from BKK to Las (via - HKG to SFO on SQ --- Bus Class) using these computer switch-over thingies a few weeks ago. UA 1K res agent gave me the SQ PNR (as she new how to read the reservation) and I called SQ the next day for seat assignments and "Book The Cook". No need to worry about calling SQ, in fact, by doing so one will be able to verify that everything is a go, and also pick your seats, etc.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mherdeg
What's the best practice for schedule changes when partner award availability isn't there any more? We now see two problems.

(2) Separately, we booked something like
10/16 LHR-XXX
10/17 XXX-SIN

After a schedule change, the XXX-SIN now leaves at 0900 instead of 1700 … and according to united.com we are now in class X (Economy)?! … and the flight's availability is zeroed out in GDSes (unavailable for sale on matrix.itasoftware.com unless you un-tick "search for available flights", but for sale on singaporeair.com)?!

If we call UA, will they fix this? Or should we start with SQ?
In our n=1 experience, if you call SQ, they won't do much; if you call UA, they will fix it.

We had to call UA because UA recently automatically reissued our tickets with an impossible connection / out of order coupons: (1) LHR-XXX (arrive XXX 2 p.m., European carrier J), (2) XXX-SIN (depart XXX 9 a.m., SQ Y).

(The XXX-SIN flight had been rescheduled from an evening departure to a morning departure, and we had been reaccommodated on that new flight number in coach (X) instead of First (O).)

We called SQ Reservations to ask "can you help us open up award space if UA needs it?", which was not the right thing to ask ("call SilverKris member support"), then to ask "can you help reaccommodate us?", which was not the right thing to ask ("call the ticketing carrier"), then once more to ask "what happened here?", which led to a 10 minute hold followed by "thanks for being online, there was a schedule change XXX-SIN, you made this reservation through United Airlines so it completely depends, call them."

I called UA reservations with an upbeat attitude and an air of total confusion -- "what happened? how can I get back into SQ F?". The agent was really friendly and totally helpful. After 122 minutes, mostly spent on hold, we were rebooked LHR-XXX-SIN, LHR-XXX in European carrier business class, XXX-SIN in SQ F, just like our original booking. Awesome! The supervisor whom I never talked to directly apparently had to call and beg SQ for space, but things seemed a bit flexible. She was somehow able to offer 2 O seats on *four different SQ flights* and offered me a choice among those flights.

Hilariously, the supervisor tried to offer me a very long connection followed by a flight in "O" on an A380, instead of a shorter connection in the same city followed by a flight in "O" on a 777. She knew exactly what she was doing. When I said that this seemed like the best option (and it was - it was the earliest arrival in my destination), the phone agent got very excited and went to book it. Then she came back, obviously dismayed, saying "my supervisor wants to know if it's OK if we book you on [SQ number for the 777 flight with a shorter connection] instead of [SQ number for the 380 flight with a silly-long connection] we offered you." Not sure what would have happened if I had said "try booking into R instead of O"… but I certainly appreciated what seemed like UA trying to be helpful there And the changeup led to us getting to SIN even earlier, which, great!

The UA reservations agent did an amazing job managing my expectations during the wait and did great work communicating the options that UA had somehow scraped together from talking to SQ. Fully 80 minutes of the 122 min phone call was UA talking to SQ getting approval to get O inventory from who-knows-where. The rest was chatting about the schedule change and how there wasn't F availability on *anyone* now, and how we'd love to be back in SQ F (20 min at the beginning), and chatting about options and waiting for the new ticket to be issued (20 min at the end).
Old Aug 8, 2012, 7:44 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Have you UA folks been able to rebook itineraries affected by the switch, with time changes, to A380's on some of these routes? SQ did this over a week ago and Aeroplan is still telling us they haven't heard from SQ so we can't change our itineraries. Has the United system been updated with these SQ schedule changes? I'd love to follow SFO777 and other's advice and take an earlier flight to SFO but need the Aeroplan system to recognize the change. Just wondering what the United situation was like. Thanks!
Old Aug 8, 2012, 7:49 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Got my amadeus PNR from United and was able to do some BTC online for the whole family and get us better seats.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 12:11 am

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I'm still not able to view the itinerary on the regular SQ site.
Visible on the mobile site.
Flights are in February.

Does anyone else have the same problem?
Old Aug 9, 2012, 1:16 am

Programs: Amanjunkie
Originally Posted by OskiBear
I'm still not able to view the itinerary on the regular SQ site.
Visible on the mobile site.
Flights are in February.

Does anyone else have the same problem?
Yes, I can only view my reservation on the SQ mobile site and have to call for BTC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.