Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2012, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by jpripcord
That would be AMAZING if somehow they just never removed the miles and we got to keep 80,000 for UPGRADING our flights to business...

crossing my fingers!
I am hoping things work out in your favor as well but I would expect that UA will audit at some point and realize what was going on

Originally Posted by Accidental_Flyer
Asked the same question on the Aeroplan forum but I thought here there might be more people who know:

I didn't look into this at first since I don't have enough miles for F right now. However, I realized that JFK-FRA is a possibility in J. I found some availability but I'm not sure how rare it actually is to find JFK-FRA in J. Anyone here knows?
Very rare. If you can still ticket it, jump on it and report back to us. We can't seem to book any longer with UA miles

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jul 10, 2012 at 3:12 pm Reason: merge
Old Jul 10, 2012, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA ExP
Originally Posted by Paulakers2010
Now it's just 60k for my ticket of EWR-SIN-HKG. If I tack in the FRA-EWR for example, would that be just 62.5k in total(meaning only 2.5k more), instead of the extra 50k to add to my 60k business (US-Asia award), if the TATL is reserved as business class?
I don't quite follow your whole situation, but I don't believe EU-Asia awards are allowed to route via the US. I don't believe US-EU awards can route via Asia either. US-Asia can route via EU, however. (Obviously with US, it becomes a matter of finding an agent that will do it for you. UA is more stringent, but it's always YMMV, especially in the confused state UA is in at the moment with many conflicting rules and policies.)

Originally Posted by Zoui21
Best. TR. Quote. EVER.

"Refreshments were served by DPK for my side of the aisle and by G’O for the other side. The way that G’O accentuates words with her mouth is quite amusing and nice and her diction is very good. She is also attractive and would make a good wife – as would DPK. "
That gentleman has got to be the most OCD and eccentric person I've ever read. Wow. It's amusing for the same reason I understand Borat (I've only seen clips, not the whole movie) to be amusing: it's such a cringe-worthy, hyper-real, hyperbolic parody. I really hope he's not like that in real life.

I prefer our very own Macabus' 8 bottles of Dom trip report. I don't really drink (certainly not like that!), but I am a value geek and the idea of getting an extra $1k "worth" out of the trip tickles me greatly.

--

It appears that ALL SQ flights (at least the random sprinkling that I tried) have disappeared from UA.com and mobile.UA.com's award search. Not even coming up. (I've verified on EF that there are actually flights on those dates.)
Old Jul 10, 2012, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by iexaltu
Very rare. If you can still ticket it, jump on it and report back to us. We can't seem to book any longer with UA miles
+1... no matter what routing I enter or dates, I get no flight options with SQ in it. Seems like a total reversal from this weekend when everything was open, available and just plain pleasant....
Old Jul 10, 2012, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Could thus massive booking of F and C tickets be costing MP more than it had expected or estimated for July? Aeroplan is still showing some availability but SQ is completely blocked from UA.
UA would definitely be the first FFP blocked by SQ.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus 1K MM, IHG Plat, Accor Plat, Marriott Plat
I can see availability on the KVS tool but not on the UA website. What is that really telling me? I suppose I shouldn't ask UA to book it over the phone?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by colpuck
for those that are going and going to do a trip report, this is the only acceptable way to write a report on SQ

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...ead.main/30239
Well, certainly the wordiest way! And one of the more idiosyncratic reviews I've ever read...or, at least, made it maybe 25 percent through. Lots of nuggets in there, and lots of stuff that left the fellow unimpressed. But I think this comment about an SQ representative was my favorite:

"However, I was more than unimpressed at the fact that she was using a Cathay Pacific pen to write with. This unsettled me."
Old Jul 10, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
I get plenty of availability on the krisflyer website, but it also charges almost full miles...

You currently get a 15% discount on awards
Old Jul 10, 2012, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Platinum, others
Originally Posted by Paulakers2010
Now it's just 60k for my ticket of EWR-SIN-HKG. If I tack in the FRA-EWR for example, would that be just 62.5k in total(meaning only 2.5k more), instead of the extra 50k to add to my 60k business (US-Asia award), if the TATL is reserved as business class?
How about changing EWR-SIN to EWR-SIN-NRT?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 1:59 pm

There doesn't seem to be any SQ availability on UA right now.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 2:04 pm
SST

Yes, this is a massive blockage for SQ: now, even PAID REVENUE tickets on many SQ routes are impossible to book over UA's dot.bomb.
According to the engine, places where only SQ flies show up as "Sorry, United.com could not find any available seats meeting your requirements."

Nuts to them. SQ still sells their own seats, luckily for them. Too bad they sent this frequent flyer off to AA/CX for my ticket needs. Later, UA/SQ.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by ual744777sta
There doesn't seem to be any SQ availability on UA right now.
I suspect this is just a very temporary problem, until SQ cleans up whatever is going on over there.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus 1K MM, IHG Plat, Accor Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by SST
Yes, this is a massive blockage for SQ: now, even PAID REVENUE tickets on many SQ routes are impossible to book over UA's dot.bomb.
According to the engine, places where only SQ flies show up as "Sorry, United.com could not find any available seats meeting your requirements."

Nuts to them. SQ still sells their own seats, luckily for them. Too bad they sent this frequent flyer off to AA/CX for my ticket needs. Later, UA/SQ.
so does this mean the agents on the phone can't book either?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 2:12 pm

Programs: AC*G
I booked JFK-FRA a few months out but only in J. There is plenty of availability (every flight, 2+ seats) but only in J. Didn't see a single F seat.

And on Aeroplan, not united. That didn't work, indeed
Old Jul 10, 2012, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by HansGolden
I don't quite follow your whole situation, but I don't believe EU-Asia awards are allowed to route via the US. I don't believe US-EU awards can route via Asia either. US-Asia can route via EU, however. (Obviously with US, it becomes a matter of finding an agent that will do it for you. UA is more stringent, but it's always YMMV, especially in the confused state UA is in at the moment with many conflicting rules and policies.)
I haven't really seen a line in T&C stating that is invalid to do EU-Asia through the US. You almost got everything that I had to say. Europe - Asia J -> 62.5k, US - Asia J -> 60k.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 2:24 pm

I just called, they said only SQ in Y is available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.