Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Old Jul 10, 12, 10:14 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, AA, IHG Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 787fan View Post
Can any of them actually ticket? I kept getting "due to rapidly changing blah blah blah" error message for JFK-FRA.
I am seeing the fights I want, but get the same message (can't make change online, either).

Also, when I call UA (international), I get a message that says they can't help right now due to a system problem, and then it hangs up on me! I called domestic awards and she transferred me to international and I got the same message and was hung up on again! Sounds like there are two airlines that don't want us to book these flights, now!

Last edited by ok2uselane; Jul 10, 12 at 10:20 am
Old Jul 10, 12, 10:20 am

Programs: Airline Independent, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by avi8tir View Post
well I just screwed myself... I had IAH-LHR-SIN booked in Biz over Xmas... have had it for a month now... just logged in and saw F availability so cancelled my existing and went in to book the F, and it gave me an error... NOW, my original seats arent available anymore!!!!!!!!!!! F**K!!!
Why didn't you just call to change your existing res? Much safer.
Old Jul 10, 12, 10:21 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by LilAbner View Post
3 Lil Abner's in 8 days --- HKG - SFO ----Bus class

If this gets cancelled we're screwed - BIG TIME!
I don't think your ticket will be cancelled unless you have has some ridiculous routing that is deemed unacceptable later on. What would SQ say as the reason? They had too much availability? Whose fault is that?
Old Jul 10, 12, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jpripcord View Post
I sent myself a receipt twice in the last few days and they both had the details of my original flight, and the miles have not been deducted from my UA account...

However, both Singapore Airlines and United show my "new" itinerary when pulling up my reservation. Also, when I called in yesterday, when the agent brought up my itinerary, it was the new routing.

I'm completely stumped on this one. Anyone else seen anything like this?
Can you get a NEW ticket number from the agent over the phone?

I would feel a lot more comfortable with a NEW ticket number. The reservation means jack despite you can pull it up, if it does not have a ticket associated with it.

If you can get thru SQ, ask them if they have a VALID Ticket for your new itinerary.
Old Jul 10, 12, 10:23 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, LH, MR TIT, IHG GLD
Since this early morning AC is showing a huge availability on SQ F class from Europe to SIN and onwards. However, when I attempted to book then the system break up and I get the usual error massage.
Old Jul 10, 12, 10:50 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Originally Posted by HansGolden View Post
Why didn't you just call to change your existing res? Much safer.

They said they couldnt see the seats I was seeing online.... so I went with my gut and I was wrong! the seats dont actually exist.... I was able to switch things around but now I am not on SQ UA GF instead.... sucks!!
Old Jul 10, 12, 10:53 am

Programs: UA GS, SPG Plat
The deal is LIVE! I just successfully booked NRT-SIN SQ F for 40k miles.
Old Jul 10, 12, 10:56 am

Programs: UA 1K
I have my UA conf code as well as the SQ one. I can change seats on SQ no problem. Part of my itin is on Thai Air. How can I select seats on Thai Air? Do they have their own conf code?
Old Jul 10, 12, 10:59 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, LH, MR TIT, IHG GLD
Originally Posted by merc1234 View Post
The deal is LIVE! I just successfully booked NRT-SIN SQ F for 40k miles.
Did you get your ticket issued ?
Old Jul 10, 12, 11:00 am

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by piemel View Post
I have my UA conf code as well as the SQ one. I can change seats on SQ no problem. Part of my itin is on Thai Air. How can I select seats on Thai Air? Do they have their own conf code?
I had the same issue. UA could not give me a PNR (locator) number. I just called Thai and gave them the flight number and date and they were able to tell me what is available and booked my seat and also gave me the locator number.
Old Jul 10, 12, 11:01 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by goofy777 View Post
I had the same issue. UA could not give me a PNR (locator) number. I just called Thai and gave them the flight number and date and they were able to tell me what is available and booked my seat and also gave me the locator number.
Thanks!
Old Jul 10, 12, 11:09 am

Programs: SPG LTG, DL Plat
Still see lots of 388 C on the JFK-FRA flight... has anyone ticketed this since the party ended?
Old Jul 10, 12, 11:15 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.5MM, AS MVP75K, TK Elite Plus, Bonvoy TitEl
I have checked multiple options and dates and although the availability always shows, when i click to book it i get the same "unavailable due to rapidly changing partner availability" error.

congrats to those of you who manage to get this to work for you. what is the secret??
Old Jul 10, 12, 11:18 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by piemel View Post
I just called up Thai Airlines in the states 1-800-426-5204 gave them my flight numbers, dates, and last name and told them which seats I wanted.
Old Jul 10, 12, 11:22 am

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by MaximusDamon View Post
I have checked multiple options and dates and although the availability always shows, when i click to book it i get the same "unavailable due to rapidly changing partner availability" error.

congrats to those of you who manage to get this to work for you. what is the secret??
There was always some random C on the 380 available intra Asia and Australia on occasion (got it a couple months back NRT-SIN).

I've tried multiple dates in multiple months on SQ 1, 15, 25, 61, etc etc etc and keep getting the error. Bedtime in Singapore. If there are some more seats to be had among the phantoms, good luck and report back!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: