Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Old Jul 7, 2012, 7:17 pm

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
Originally Posted by Madone59
So I just got 2 seats off UA SFO-ICN and onto SQ15 for my that work with my connection out of ICN. Ticketed and ready to roll.

I called SQ to get seats, and there was an auto announcement that they are changing computer systems between 18:00 and 22:00.

This may be too good to be true. Those who know more than me, can they claw these seats back?
Why would you call SQ at all?? I wouldn't call until after this is all done and over with...should be treated like a mistake fare...jeezus...
Old Jul 7, 2012, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by patchan8984
Why would you call SQ at all?? I wouldn't call until after this is all done and over with...should be treated like a mistake fare...jeezus...
Good thing I didn't get through
Old Jul 7, 2012, 7:20 pm

Programs: WN,DL,AA,UA,B6,more!
Arghhhh!

Wish I had the time off work to gamble with booking one of these. I would love to fly SQ J on the EWR-SIN direct flight. That is on my bucket list!

I can't wait to hear your reports of how this goes as far as being honored.

I did some dummy searches on united.com and found it to be nearly wide open for the November/December dates I spot checked.

Best of luck!

Foo
Old Jul 7, 2012, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Madone59
So I just got 2 seats off UA SFO-ICN and onto SQ15 for my that work with my connection out of ICN. Ticketed and ready to roll.
Same here as a replacement for existing JFK-LAX-ICN itin on UA/OZ F (which isn't too bad itself but I guess OZ can wait for now), although I'd keep the backup plan until I'm 100% sure that SQ honors the reservation.

Thanks OP for the heads up! This is amazing!
Old Jul 7, 2012, 7:32 pm

I just booked 3 awards JFK-SIN-DPS for Easter vacation. Mega thanks to the OP even if they ultimately get refused by SQ. I'm hoping that I wake up to see good news on this thread.

Keba
Old Jul 7, 2012, 7:37 pm

Agent has me on hold after taking my credit card info. Everything came up and priced correctly in the system, but nervous about this extra hold time at the finish line.

Crossing my fingers!!!!
Old Jul 7, 2012, 7:38 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
sorry for being an idiot here, but if I have USmiles, how do I book this.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 7:43 pm

I was on hold for an hour and wasn't able to book. I hope you have better luck.

Originally Posted by jpripcord
Agent has me on hold after taking my credit card info. Everything came up and priced correctly in the system, but nervous about this extra hold time at the finish line.

Crossing my fingers!!!!
Old Jul 7, 2012, 7:45 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by etsmyers
sorry for being an idiot here, but if I have USmiles, how do I book this.
Use united.com to search for award space.

Once you've confirmed space exists on the flights you want (e.g. you can book them on UA's site) call into US, provide them with the flight numbers, and have them build and then issue the reservation.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 7:59 pm

Programs: AS AA
Originally Posted by J.Edward
Use united.com to search for award space.

Once you've confirmed space exists on the flights you want (e.g. you can book them on UA's site) call into US, provide them with the flight numbers, and have them build and then issue the reservation.
I just booked SQ2 (SIN-SFO, 77W) in I with US miles. Ticket was issued instantly.

Last edited by alfrie; Jul 7, 2012 at 8:18 pm
Old Jul 7, 2012, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Just booked two for HND-SIN in F. Ticketed within minutes.

FT was the first thing I checked when I logged in to my computer today and I am so glad. Thank you OP!
Old Jul 7, 2012, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I accidentally bought an award ticket for the wrong date and refunded it; having originally paid 180k miles + $222.20 for two pax, I was a bit mystified to see a cryptic extra line item on the refund receipt.

Hopefully this will sort itself. I certainly didn't accept any extra upsales.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA1KMM, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, EY Gold, QR Gold
Got my dream EWR-SIN nonstop flight booked! I am happy and hope this works!
Old Jul 7, 2012, 8:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Just booked SFO-ICN-SIN-CMB in F to replace A UA TPAC flight ... I'm very happy at this turn of events.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 8:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EP, UA 1K, DL GM, Tumlare Bussresor Super Class
Booked SFO-SIN-SFO, got the eticket confirmation quickly, then cancelled it (found better trip to MEL for same dates) and got the miles refunded immediately.

Booked SFO-(HKG)-SIN-MEL-SIN-(HKG)-SFO 15 minutes ago, still waiting for eticket confirmation received eticket info after 20 minutes.
[Edit: Ticketed ]

Last edited by Vunder31; Jul 7, 2012 at 8:29 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.