Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:20 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by glader
Another datapoint: Called UA for SQ PNR for my itinerary which was a change to an existing ticket originally on UA metal. However, after calling twice and speaking to two reps they were both not able to locate my SQ PNR and said I can call SQ with my UA ticket number and get the PNR directly from them. I'm a little concerned some are getting their SQ PNR from UA but others are not.

I figure its best to wait to call SQ until the dust settles.
I just called UA to get my SQ PNR (as well as my spouse's SQ PNR, booked through a different UA account). I gave the UA ticket numbers and only one SQ PNR came back. I gave the UA confirmation number and both came back. I went to Singapore's site and both were found using the SQ PNRs and I was able to select seats. FYI, it's SFO-SIN-SFO in late May/early June of 2013.

Of course, now I'm wondering if I should try to convert the SIN to a stop over and add a quick hop out to MLE onto this. However, I worry that might be pushing my luck right now. So I think I'll just sit tight and be extremely happy with what I hopefully have.

Thanks to OP and everyone else involved in this post for all the assistance!
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:21 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Is this going to be a valid 140k N.America-S.Asia F award? If so I am going to book and roll the dice.

JFK-SFO-HKG-BKK (Stopover)
OPEN JAW
VTE-BKK-DPS (destination)
DPS-SIN-MUC-DME-IAH-EWR

Please let me know so I can get cracking. Thanks!
Everything looks all right until the return. Not sure what the MPM is for DPS-EWR, but your two backtracks (MUC-DME and IAH-EWR) may put it over.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:26 am

Programs: nobody
Just got SQ1 F in October then TG A380 F between HKG -BKK. Return on OZ F back to ORD^ not bad. Have to suffer through UA F between ORD-SFO but I think I will survive. Should I be concern 1k desk can only give me confirmation number on OZ but not SQ and TG? I do have the 016 ticket number though. How do I go about make sure my SQ and TG flights are good other than having faith with UA?
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:32 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EP, UA 1K, DL GM, Tumlare Bussresor Super Class
Got my SQ PNR from UA and used the SQ mobile site to check my reservation.
Was able to change my seats to move further away from the other person in the cabin.
[Edit: Also able to find the reservation on regular site, but changing seats doesn't work that well. Funny thing is, the "other person" shown on the mobile site isn't shown on the regular site.]

One somewhat interesting observation:
According to the UA booking, both SFO-HKG-SIN and SIN-MEL are on the 773ER, but according to the SQ site, SIN-MEL is on a 773 ver. 2.
According to SeatGuru, both aircraft F class seats are the same size (71" long, 35" wide) and 8 F seats (and the SQ site confirms the cabin layout), unlike the 773 ver. 1 that is "only" 64" x 21" and has 18 seats.

According to UA, the return trip is 25 hr 15 min, but SQ's site states 26 hr 15 min. Same departure and arrival times on both sites...
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
I booked on HKG-SIN-DME-IAH on ua.com (departing July 16th), about an hour ago. Reservation ticketed almost immediately and I was to assign seats on singaporeair.com without an issue.

ETA: I was able to get the SQ PNR from calling united.

Last edited by dat4life; Jul 8, 2012 at 10:43 am
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Now I just need LH to makes this mistake so I can move from UA F to LH F.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:38 am

Programs: UA Plat (1MM), AA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat.
Originally Posted by sbrower
This is a sad thread. I have been flying long enough to remember when "availability" wasn't an issue. If you had enough miles to book something on the award chart you called and, in about 15 minutes, you had the flights. Always.
+1.

It just shows how long we have been abused, and any level of normal behavior on the airlines part are greeted by us with excitement and gratitude
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:39 am

Programs: SK*G, QR*G
Originally Posted by Vunder31
Got my SQ PNR from UA and used the SQ mobile site to check my reservation.
Was able to change my seats to move further away from the other person in the cabin.
[Edit: Also able to find the reservation on regular site, but changing seats doesn't work that well. Funny thing is, the "other person" shown on the mobile site isn't shown on the regular site.]

One somewhat interesting observation:
According to the UA booking, both SFO-HKG-SIN and SIN-MEL are on the 773ER, but according to the SQ site, SIN-MEL is on a 773 ver. 2.
According to SeatGuru, both aircraft F class seats are the same size (71" long, 35" wide) and 8 F seats (and the SQ site confirms the cabin layout), unlike the 773 ver. 1 that is "only" 64" x 21" and has 18 seats.

According to UA, the return trip is 25 hr 15 min, but SQ's site states 26 hr 15 min. Same departure and arrival times on both sites...
I also have a 777-200 SYD SIN flight booked earlier that UA site says is 77W. However, SQ and expertflyer says its 777-200 so I trust them more.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
The itin i booked first only comes up on the SQ mobile site but the second ticket comes up on both. I booked as two one ways

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
Originally Posted by colpuck
Now I just need LH to makes this mistake so I can move from UA F to LH F.
I second this
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Happy
Dream on.

AA canceled lots of F revenue tickets codeshares with CX booked on mistake fare between US and HKG last year, DOT has not been able to do anything to force it to stick!
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Wasn't the problem there that those tickets were before the most recent set of DOT regulations? The RGN tickets were the first big test after the new regs and they seemed to have the desired effect (well, at least as desired by FT'ers )
Agreed that the DoT should have our backs on this one. The new rules are pretty clear, once a ticket is issued.

Originally Posted by cruisr
We have the F rate deducted so is it possible to WL for F? Its on LH. Would I have to check every day to force the seat in F?
You will have to keep checking; it is not possible to waitlist on partner metal.
The UA site sucks with time zone calculations.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:44 am

Programs: UA 1K
Is there any way to obtain the SQ confirmation number without calling UA?
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:44 am

Programs: *A Junkie, SQ PPS, Skywards Gold, 2 Million Mile Flyer;*wood LT Plat, BA MM
Originally Posted by sbrower
This is a sad thread. I have been flying long enough to remember when "availability" wasn't an issue. If you had enough miles to book something on the award chart you called and, in about 15 minutes, you had the flights. Always.
:-:
Things have changed so much, M. sbrower. Now one collects miles for everything up to breathing, as the airlines are selling miles to third parties by the billions, while the airlines have made award redemption almost impossible.

Good point.

UG
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:45 am

Programs: UA 1K 3 Million/ex-many year GS, AA PLT/2 Mil, AS MVPG, HH Dia, Starwood Life Plat, Hertz PC
More data - turned out we actually needed to book a trip to Singapore for an event so last night I got NRT-SIN and SIN-SFO in 1st on SQ. (Dealt with a number of really good GS agents over the course of 5 calls as the plan was shifting as was the award availability.) Checked back with UA this morning and the GS agent said that SQ never gives them the SQ PNRs but that I should call SQ which I did. Got the SQ PNRs and the SQ agent verified that the flights were confirmed and ticketed. Only strangeness is as someone else posted, I can pull up the flights on the SQ mobile site but not on the main site. On the main site the system doesn't give an error - it just spins and then represents the query page. Seems like this all worked.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
That's not too bad, actually.

CO has had problems calculating times over the date line for years.

I have one res with a 3,100-mile flight that states 2 hours, and another 1,800-mile flight that states 8 hours 20 minutes.

Both flights cross the dateline.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.