FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   [NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1364187-now-expired-sq-releasing-almost-all-f-award-o.html)

MatthewLAX Jan 9, 2013 7:48 am

I'm just writhing in pain this morning--one of my clients had to cancel a SFO-MEL trip with 3/4 segments in R. Oh man....

LHR/MEL/Europe FF Jan 9, 2013 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by 787fan (Post 20009222)
Which mid-haul routes you could find with F saver space ? i've been searching SIN-HKG/PVG/PEK/ICN/NRT and couldn't really find any :confused:

F is not supposed to be available on 773 refurbished aircraft, only on the 772 and 773 regional non furbished (of which there are very few left now... routes like Jakarta I think?)

lesenok Jan 9, 2013 5:10 pm

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

I am about to board SQ 22 sin-ewr in J (worlds longest flight which will end in 2013) for the return. Outbound was on SQ 61 iah-dme-sin in F. Overall experience was very satisfying. Food was excellent. The Private Lounge @ SIN was a new experience. Excellent award value for 120k using USDM.

FriendlySkies Jan 9, 2013 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by lesenok (Post 20013687)
I am about to board SQ 22 sin-ewr in J (worlds longest flight which will end in 2013) for the return. Outbound was on SQ 61 iah-dme-sin in F. Overall experience was very satisfying. Food was excellent. The Private Lounge @ SIN was a new experience. Excellent award value for 120k using USDM.

I took the reverse (SQ21 EWR-SIN) last Thursday- Certainly an experience, and I am sad that they are canceling the service. It's a nice way to get to SIN without wasting time stopping in another city.

Adam1222 Jan 10, 2013 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX (Post 20009320)
I'm just writhing in pain this morning--one of my clients had to cancel a SFO-MEL trip with 3/4 segments in R. Oh man....

I just had to bite the bullet and give up my R SIN-HKG-SFO in exchange for an extra week of vacation ... kept my EWR-SIN J, though, and ended up in Thai suites BKK-CDG on the return. Could be worse

itrvl Jan 10, 2013 2:05 pm

We had to give ours up due to a family emergency. It was a very sad day...

cloudybw Jan 10, 2013 10:32 pm

I took SQ 21 the other day, staying 18 hour and 11 min up in the air and travelling 10,694 miles nonstop. The flight experience was nice, although the ground experience was awful. The ground supervisor threatened to offload me and my luggage when I could not find my boarding pass! I was already the last to board and I don't understand why the "security concern" theory stood.

Does SQ CoC/DOT regulation allow ground agent offload a passenger with his/her passport at the gate simply because he/she loses his boarding pass?

lesenok Jan 12, 2013 8:40 am

Originally Posted by cloudybw (Post 20022560)
I took SQ 21 the other day, staying 18 hour and 11 min up in the air and travelling 10,694 miles nonstop. The flight experience was nice, although the ground experience was awful. The ground supervisor threatened to offload me and my luggage when I could not find my boarding pass! ....

Thats one reason why I took SQ22 from SIN-EWR. The KL was great, lots of food, , Drinks, newspapers, showers and very comfortable setting. They even supplied me with pillows and blanket.

My flight had OnAir internet and I used it to check my email, browse, and call on skype. Cost is about $1/mb.

RoninTech Jan 12, 2013 9:56 am

Originally Posted by lesenok (Post 20031838)
Cost is about $1/mb.

:eek: Wow!! Hope you were on a business trip at those prices.

lesenok Jan 12, 2013 10:17 am

Originally Posted by RoninTech (Post 20032205)
:eek: Wow!! Hope you were on a business trip at those prices.

It was worth it.
Made +$500 on a couple of day trades @ 33000 ft near options expiration :)

MtRoot Jan 12, 2013 12:27 pm

I also had to give up SQ21 because an important business meeting came up. Now thinking of booking through KF award because I just got enough Amex points thanks to 15K annual bonus and 15% online discount... Award availability looks fantastic as well (at least 6 seats :eek: on the day I want). No wonder they are suspending this route but also makes me wonder why they still don't release partner awards.

piemel Jan 25, 2013 2:41 pm

I have booked a mileage itin many months ago when SQ allowed this window of opportunity. The itin is SFO-SIN-DPS-BKK-HKG-SFO.

The itin includes some flights on Thai Airways for the following routes : DPS-BKK and BKK-HKG

I am trying to change this itin to include USM ... in other words DPS-BKK-USM and USM-BKK-HKG

Do I talk to UA or TG about this change?

SFO777 Jan 25, 2013 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by piemel (Post 20123915)
I have booked a mileage itin many months ago when SQ allowed this window of opportunity. The itin is SFO-SIN-DPS-BKK-HKG-SFO.
The itin includes some flights on Thai Airways for the following routes : DPS-BKK and BKK-HKG
I am trying to change this itin to include USM ... in other words DPS-BKK-USM and USM-BKK-HKG

If you booked it with UA, you should call UA.

LHR/MEL/Europe FF Jan 25, 2013 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by piemel (Post 20123915)

you need to contact whomever you booked the ticket through. so if you used UA miles, contact UA.

1k-all-the-way Jan 26, 2013 2:14 pm

Book the cook or menu?

Originally Posted by lesenok (Post 20013687)

Getting ready for my February trip. Thanks for comments - have those enjoying food used Book the Cook, or using the menu?