Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Been my experience: always call the operating carrier, have them confirm their PNR, class of service and seat assignment. If that all checks out, print out all relevant docs from the op carriers site and you're good to go!
Old Aug 22, 2012, 9:19 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, AA, IHG Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by coeur 05
Please advise: Was booked SFO-SIN in O class, received email from United of time change and equipment change(aircraft changed from 777w to a-380) I was downgraded to Business class although I had confirmed First class, called United and they said there is nothing they can do? Business is better than economy considering how hard it is to get availability on Singapore.

United claim it is not their fault, its Singapore, I told them I just want what I booked, I did not ask for any changes, therefore they need to honor the contract which was made 6 weeks ago.

thanks for any insight, much appreciated, once again Thanks to the op for letting us know about this once in a lifetime .
I hope that your call to UA didn't jeopardize your suites class status! All it takes is an agent (especially with the new UA) that changes you from R to I, and you're screwed!
Furthermore, I hope the agent you talked to didn't send a note to IT... That could jeopardize all of our R tickets!
Old Aug 22, 2012, 6:10 pm

Upgraded without knowing

My reservation shows R inventory but says Business class, just don't want to
show up at the airport to be told that my seat in in Business when I specifically booked First, according to this thread, if I have R then I am good to go, Flyertalk member have yet to let me down The reason for the change was time and aircraft change which is why it went from F on 777 to R on the A380 which according to all of you is the best one can pray and hope for.

Originally Posted by ok2uselane
I hope that your call to UA didn't jeopardize your suites class status! All it takes is an agent (especially with the new UA) that changes you from R to I, and you're screwed!
Furthermore, I hope the agent you talked to didn't send a note to IT... That could jeopardize all of our R tickets!
Old Aug 22, 2012, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
My reservation shows R inventory but says Business class, just don't want to
show up at the airport to be told that my seat in in Business when I specifically booked First, according to this thread, if I have R then I am good to go, Flyertalk member have yet to let me down The reason for the change was time and aircraft change which is why it went from F on 777 to R on the A380 which according to all of you is the best one can pray and hope for.
Well, I'd say the best one can pray and hope for is peace on earth, health and happiness for friends and loved ones, prosperity for all, or maybe all of the above. But yes, in our little FT micro-environment, award R on an SQ 380 is probably the best, most elusive prize.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
...prosperity for all....
Is that like everyone being elite? And concurrently nobody being elite?
Old Aug 22, 2012, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Is that like everyone being elite? And concurrently nobody being elite?
It's like everyone being a UA GS, AA EXP, *wood Plat, HH Diamond, IC RA and Hyatt Diamond, with all rooms being suites and all seats being F. Kinda like going to FT heaven.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 7:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, AA, IHG Ambassador, Marriott Gold
...The reason for the change was time and aircraft change which is why it went from F on 777 to R on the A380 which according to all of you is the best one can pray and hope for.
It is a very nice thing, indeed!
Old Aug 23, 2012, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
... is why it went from F on 777 to R on the A380 which according to all of you is the best one can pray and hope for.
it is no secret! saying 'according to all of us' makes it sound like there is some remote possibility that it's not ture... - the fact is that R class is a fully enclosed suite with completely separate beds with a full latex mattress and complete bedding package. The pictures on the SQ website will show the difference between the 777F (which is excellent) and the R class suite (which is amazing). There is no doubt to the assertion that R is better than F on SQ
Old Aug 23, 2012, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
The pictures on the SQ website will show the difference between the 777F (which is excellent) and the R class suite (which is amazing). There is no doubt to the assertion that R is better than F on SQ
I do hope SQ has some success with this a/c switch and decides to keep the status quo with the next schedule release. With April flights booked I'm quite envious of those who booked through late March.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 6:40 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I do hope SQ has some success with this a/c switch and decides to keep the status quo with the next schedule release. With April flights booked I'm quite envious of those who booked through late March.
We got switched to the 380 on SQ1 but I'm crapping my pants because AC still doesn't have our itineraries updated. They now show an O and R SQ1 leaving at 00:50 still and a mysterious SQ6001 in R also at 00:50. I want to switch to an earlier connecting flight now that SQ1 leaves earlier but am worried as others have had their flights messed up/ lost when calling AC. Wish it was a UA trip as they have the correct times/classes along with SQ.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RoninTech
We got switched to the 380 on SQ1 but I'm crapping my pants because AC still doesn't have our itineraries updated. They now show an O and R SQ1 leaving at 00:50 still and a mysterious SQ6001 in R also at 00:50. I want to switch to an earlier connecting flight now that SQ1 leaves earlier but am worried as others have had their flights messed up/ lost when calling AC. Wish it was a UA trip as they have the correct times/classes along with SQ.
Didn't someone have AC purchase F fares for them when their reps dropped SQ F award segments?

Having dealt with UA I can understand the reticence though. Have you checked your itin on SQ or SQmobile?
Old Aug 23, 2012, 8:36 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Didn't someone have AC purchase F fares for them when their reps dropped SQ F award segments?

Having dealt with UA I can understand the reticence though. Have you checked your itin on SQ or SQmobile?
Yeah, it looks fine on SQ mobile (never shown on the main SQ site) and UA but not AC, the issuing carrier. Unfortunately to change to the earlier connecting flight I would have to contact them and that's where problems have been encountered.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 3:25 pm

Up until several days ago, I was able to access my Singapore Airlines First Class Reservations. I was able to look at my seat assignments and book the cook. However, now when I try to access my reservation with Singapore Airlines, I get following message:

We are unable to retrieve your booking because this booking contains ticket(s) which is not issued by Singapore Airlines. Please check with the airline or travel agent you have made this booking with.

Has this happened to anyone else. Does anyone know how to get this fixed and/or why Singapore Airlines changed this type of access???

Last edited by Jasper100; Aug 23, 2012 at 3:31 pm
Old Aug 23, 2012, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, CX GR, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Jasper100
Up until several days ago, I was able to access my Singapore Airlines First Class Reservations. I was able to look at my seat assignments and book the cook. However, now when I try to access my reservation with Singapore Airlines, I get following message:

We are unable to retrieve your booking because this booking contains ticket(s) which is not issued by Singapore Airlines. Please check with the airline or travel agent you have made this booking with.

Has this happened to anyone else. Does anyone know how to get this fixed and/or why Singapore Airlines changed this type of access???
I am receiving the same message on the full SQ site, but no issues on their mobile site.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 3:57 pm

Thanks..that was helpful..I loaded the mobile app and now can see my reservation on Singapore Airlines.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.