Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Austrian (OS) / Tyrolean Air / Brussels (SN) -- PQMs for non-listed fare classes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Austrian (OS) / Tyrolean Air / Brussels (SN) -- PQMs for non-listed fare classes?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2012, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM Premier Gold, DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriot Rewards Gold

InterEuropean flights (AMS - VIE) - Does it qualify for PQM's?
Do they round it up to 500 miles if less?

thanks!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 19, 2014 at 10:52 am Reason: Updated title to reflect thread content
Old Jul 2, 2012, 11:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes, it counts for earning. No minimums I'm aware of.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 12:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
BTW - I've flown Tyrolean Arrows. Good customer service. Also got to tour behind the scenes at the Vienna Do in Sept '10.

Cheers.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA GS
Last month I earned 500 x 1.5 PQM or 1.5 PQS flying a LO codeshare operated by Tyrolean from WAW-VIE as part of a paid transatlantic C ticket. Flight is 342 miles according to great circle mapper.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 12:56 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Silver, Marriott Platinum
Check your fare class, a lot of the Austrian flights in the lower buckets do not earn any miles.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 1:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, DL G, Marriott Gold
They do... just be aware that some intra Austria flights, when not part of an international itinerary might not earn any miles.

Other than that, enjoy your flight! Good friendly service, neat airport, good food in the lounges... be prepared to be bused to the plane, and some destinations have security right before the gates, so allow some time for that...

On some flights they give out fresh apples!!! I always liked that... a little healthier than pretzels!
Old Jul 3, 2012, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by hjensen79
Check your fare class, a lot of the Austrian flights in the lower buckets do not earn any miles.
This -- I just booked a flight from DC to Vienna, K class from IAD - LHR (United) and then T from LHR to VIE (Tyrolean) and I'm not earning any miles for the LHR-VIE part of the flight.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Silver, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SidewinderX
This -- I just booked a flight from DC to Vienna, K class from IAD - LHR (United) and then T from LHR to VIE (Tyrolean) and I'm not earning any miles for the LHR-VIE part of the flight.
Happened to me in May CPH-VIE-CPH no mileage earned either....
Old Jul 4, 2012, 6:39 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
I did some dummy award bookings from IAD-BKK. One of the options was thru VIE on Tyrolean Air. It went from VIE-IAD. I wasn't aware that Tyrolean Air was flying internationally but it seems they are somehow related to Austrian Air

Last edited by mh3265a; Jul 4, 2012 at 6:40 am Reason: Found answer online at UA.com
Old Jul 4, 2012, 6:58 am

Programs: LH Senator, Hertz Presidents Circle, IHG Plat. Previous: UA 1K, AAdvantage Platinum;
According to UA.com

http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/Mark...spx?ItemId=302

T does not earn any miles on Austrian

And FYI: Austrian Airlines (made up of Austrian, Lauda and Tyrolean Airways
Old Aug 7, 2012, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by bosbjg
According to UA.com

http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/Mark...spx?ItemId=302

T does not earn any miles on Austrian

And FYI: Austrian Airlines (made up of Austrian, Lauda and Tyrolean Airways
I have a flight (OS9402 in class Y) that I booked on LaudaAir.com but it is supposedly operated by Tyrolean. This should be eligible for MP miles? The reason I'm not sure is because there was no field to enter my MP# when I made the booking and also when I searched on united.com the flight is pulled up with 0 miles awarded.

Cheers.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 10:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by povertyjetset
I have a flight (OS9402 in class Y) that I booked on LaudaAir.com but it is supposedly operated by Tyrolean. This should be eligible for MP miles? The reason I'm not sure is because there was no field to enter my MP# when I made the booking and also when I searched on united.com the flight is pulled up with 0 miles awarded.

Cheers.
theres a big difference between booking say a Lauda flight from LaudaAir then from booking an AustrianAir flight that is operated by Lauda with an OS flight# rather then a Lauda #
Old Aug 7, 2012, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by craz
theres a big difference between booking say a Lauda flight from LaudaAir then from booking an AustrianAir flight that is operated by Lauda with an OS flight# rather then a Lauda #
I'm not exactly sure what you're saying - that to get MP credit for a Lauda Air flight it needs to be booked on Austrianairlines.com with an OS flight number? I initially tried to book on Austrianairlines.com but it rerouted me to Laudaair.com. It does have an Austrian Airlines flight number, OS9402, however.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 11:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by povertyjetset
I'm not exactly sure what you're saying - that to get MP credit for a Lauda Air flight it needs to be booked on Austrianairlines.com with an OS flight number? I initially tried to book on Austrianairlines.com but it rerouted me to Laudaair.com. It does have an Austrian Airlines flight number, OS9402, however.
thats how I understand it.Sort of at 1time Express Jet that flys RJs for CO was developing its own network so it was possible to purchase from Express Jet that didnt have aCO flight # to it = no CO mile credit

Also SkyWest out on the WC will have both UA and DL and flight #s to some of its flights

I also cashed in my DL miles a yr+ ago and flew JFK-LYS-VIE with the LYS-VIE being on Tyrolean with a DL flight # besides the OS and TY #s

Im not sure if a Lauda flight booked as Lauda and not OS will earn or not earn Miles and EQMs, but as long as it has a OS flight# it should earn credit from what I understand
Old Sep 8, 2012, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by craz
thats how I understand it.Sort of at 1time Express Jet that flys RJs for CO was developing its own network so it was possible to purchase from Express Jet that didnt have aCO flight # to it = no CO mile credit

Also SkyWest out on the WC will have both UA and DL and flight #s to some of its flights

I also cashed in my DL miles a yr+ ago and flew JFK-LYS-VIE with the LYS-VIE being on Tyrolean with a DL flight # besides the OS and TY #s

Im not sure if a Lauda flight booked as Lauda and not OS will earn or not earn Miles and EQMs, but as long as it has a OS flight# it should earn credit from what I understand
I completed the flight on Sep 4. It was booked on Lauda Air's website with an OS flight number. But the plane clearly said Austrian Arrows on the fuselage. When I emailed UA all the relevant documents, they told me they needed the ticket number which apparently was not printed on the e-receipt or boarding pass. When I asked Lauda Air about this omission, I was told there is no ticket number since it was a charter flight.

That sounded odd so I emailed Austrian Airlines (since Lauda and Austrian Arrows are both part of Austrian Airlines and the flight was OS) and they said they couldn't help me.

Am I the only one who thinks the lack of ticket number is bizarre? Is this worth more dogged persistence or is it a lost cause? Booking class was either Y (e-receipt) or M (boarding pass). Only approximately 1000 miles are at stake.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.