Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Award ticket showing up online, can't book over the phone?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2012, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD

I have a current award ticket Dec 15 LAX-ORD-PTY-MVD

I tried changing it online and had an error. Called in and was surprised at how .... controlling both CSRs I spoke to where. I couldn't get a complete sentence out of my mouth before being cut off by them. Weird.

Anyway, online I can click through and book a BOS-IAD-PTY-MVD for Dec 15, a 16 hour flight. Both CSRs said that this flight is not showing in their system and yet, I can click through all the way to booking online.

When I booked the ticket in Feb, I thought I'd be flying out of CA, but now I find myself in MA. Not entirely 'end of the world' scenario, but if I can save myself from flying BOS-LAX to connect to that flight, I'd like to take it.

The first ticket was a saver and one available is a standard. The first CSR said there was 'no way' to issue a standard once you have a saver. The second CSR knew better, but again, couldn't get a complete sentence out of my mouth before being cut off.

She ended up blowing me off and telling me to try online, which gives the error.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.