Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

"I don't always get social media" - Bergsrud

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"I don't always get social media" - Bergsrud

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2012, 11:45 am

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by UAL4life
/facepalm. Seriously I would help them for free at this point.
That is exacly how I feel.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 11:58 am

Programs: OnePass, Royal Orchid Plus, Mabuhay Miles
Originally Posted by JC1120
I think use of social media for most businesses is overrated. This includes airlines.

Yes, they need a strategy involving it, but it needs to be down on the list as to where they spend their $$.
+1
Life's too short to spend it reading tweets or Facebook all day.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA G
I think use of social media for most businesses is overrated. This includes airlines.

Yes, they need a strategy involving it, but it needs to be down on the list as to where they spend their $$.
I disagree. It should really be near the top as far as spend and attention goes. It's one of the most measurable forms of non-advertising and engenders a level of brand loyalty that most businesses can only ever hope to achieve.

The old ways of marketing really need to die.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 12:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by unavaca
I disagree. It should really be near the top as far as spend and attention goes. It's one of the most measurable forms of non-advertising and engenders a level of brand loyalty that most businesses can only ever hope to achieve.

The old ways of marketing really need to die.
And I think you're both right. And wrong.

There absolutely has to be a strategy and it needs to be a coherent and integrated one. But that doesn't mean it requires a ton of spending. Yes, there needs to be some investment in the area but it doesn't have to be the most significant marketing cost center at all.

Also, if your social media strategy is only about marketing then you're doing it wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.