Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Award / Premier Accelerator questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2014, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
UA has a program called Premier Status Accelerator.
Premier Accelerator
Premier Accelerator℠ helps you achieve Premier® status faster by allowing you to purchase additional Premier qualifying points (PQP) or Premier qualifying flights (PQF). Premier Accelerator is available when purchased in combination with Award Accelerator.
Summary -- for those with a purchased itinerary, you will be given the opportunity to purchase RDMs and then optionally, a similar number of PQMs PQPs. You are given two quantities to purchase (in the past it was X and 2X, but it has become more variable recently).. The numbers seem to have some relationship to the length of the existing itin.
The offer, for a purchased flight, will be found in your online reservation, It may say " Grow your award miles balance by purchasing Award Accelerator®. "
You will have to select the Award Accelerator in all cases, if you want Premier Accelerator also, then select it next.
The purchased miles post quickly -- generally less than an hour or two.
Purchase price does not count for PQDs PQPs
The offer will be available once ticketed and then until the itin is completely flown. The mileage offered decreases as segments are flown.
The cpm rate can change at any time -- up or down. See the thread on Rates.

Don't have an open itinerary? Just "purchase" dummy itin as refundable or non-refundable. After purchasing the RDMs/PQMs (must select the RDM offer to see the PQM PQP offer and must purchase the RDMs to purchase PQMs PQPs), cancel the dummy itin (if non-refundable do within the fee-free 24-hour cancellation window). The purchased RDMs/PQMs PQPs are non-cancelable / non-refundable and will stay purchased even if the dummy itin is canceled.
As before there will be two offers, if the offer is too many miles try a shorter itin, even a OneWay -- say SFO-LAX. There does seem to be a min offer level but it varies for the individual. You don't need to purchase to see the options, they will be displayed on the "United Travel Options" page, the page before you enter your credit card info,

Attempt to change the offer amount
-- try an international itin (seems to increase the offer)
-- try an international with a partner (seems to increase the offer)
-- try an OW itin (seems to decrease the offer)
-- try a short sub-500 segment (seems to decrease the offer)
-- try itins with a higher or lower price (offers seems to track relative price)
In practice, there is no close form method to get a specific amount. UA has your information.

Related thread -
United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2022]
United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2021]

United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2020]
United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2019]
United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2018]
United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2017]
United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2016]
United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2015]
United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2014]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated Award / Premier Accelerator questions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2015, 3:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by bseller
Curious what's the type of underlying reservation you're looking at here.

My reservations are $600/pp, USA final destination, F class. I'm only being offered as much as 11,000 miles/reservation.

Dave
The first is a *A TATL award reservation in a combination of I and X, with no UA segments.

The second is my usual route, BOS<>SFO, in paid T. I'm always offered 13K or 18K miles for that one.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 2:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
Originally Posted by Eric Westby
Just to triple-check my math, here are offers representative of what I'm seeing on all of the upcoming flights in my reservations list:

[images removed]

1.9 cents/mile. I always did think it was a great price. Am I some kind of extreme outlier?
FWIW, my award accelerator offers tend to price out at 1.9˘/RDM and premier accelerator at 9˘/PQM. I just always assumed that was typical. I'm a 1K living outside the US.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 8, 2015 at 5:55 am Reason: image removal
Old Apr 8, 2015, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Well, it seems to be IN PART based on underlying itineraries.

Booked a TPAC in A, all UA metal for $6k+.

Accelerator cost was .019c for either 30k, or 45k miles. I bit at 45k. Didn't remember to check on PQM costs.

Am I still subject to the 150,000 max purchase / year when using accelerator, or is that enforced through direct purchases only??

Many thanks, Dave
Old Apr 8, 2015, 10:35 am
RNE

Originally Posted by bseller
Am I still subject to the 150,000 max purchase / year when using accelerator, or is that enforced through direct purchases only??
Limit does not apply to Accelerator purchases.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 5:23 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
You get the miles immediately and what happens afterwards does not matter. You can cancel the flight once you get the miles (which many here do).
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...questions.html
Well, that's pretty interesting. Should make it very easy for me to make 1K this year if I feel like it.

Trying to interpret this from the rules:

Premier Accelerator can be purchased once per itinerary. If you have already purchased Award Accelerator for your travel but did not purchase Premier Accelerator, then you are no longer eligible for a Premier Accelerator offer on that itinerary.
Does "once per itinerary" mean that if I buy accelerator miles on a non-refundable ticket, cancel the ticket, and then change the cancelled ticket to a new flight, I won't be offered another accelerator?
Old Jun 8, 2015, 5:34 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by physioprof
Well, that's pretty interesting. Should make it very easy for me to make 1K this year if I feel like it. ...
at a price and remember the costs of the PQMs (& RDMs) do not count toward PQDs.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, SPG PLT
Status Challenge

Does anyone know if the PQM purchased through Pemier Accelerator count towards the status challenge requirement?

Thank you.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 11:00 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by flyinglan
Does anyone know if the PQM purchased through Pemier Accelerator count towards the status challenge requirement? .... .
Need to read your challenge letter but others have reported it typical states only UA/UX flights count and PQM from other sources don't.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...15-thread.html
Old Oct 28, 2015, 9:55 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Quick question. Can one use a gift certificate or travel bank to pay for the Award and Premier Accelerator miles?
Old Oct 28, 2015, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by snowed
Quick question. Can one use a gift certificate or travel bank to pay for the Award and Premier Accelerator miles?
{Gift} Certificates can be used for air travel purchases, including tickets, taxes and surcharges, made on united.com only. Gift Certificates cannot be used toward checked baggage service charges or non-ticket purchases, including but not limited to Economy Plus®, Premier Access®, Award Accelerator®, Premier AcceleratorSM and Personal Miles®.

Travel Bank T&Cs

Valid only for air travel purchases, including ticket price, taxes and surcharges.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Thanks! I will ask for cold hard cash for my birthday instead.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, Global Entry, Citi Prestige, Chase MileagePlus Club
Award Accelerator Purchase on Award Tickets?

I have a bunch of international award travel booked for next year and to my surprise, I can purchase award accelerator miles on these? I didn't know this was a thing. Has this always been there?
Old Oct 29, 2015, 7:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by StringerBellBivDeVoe
Has this always been there?
Always is a long time. But, more or less, yes.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Premier Accelerator PQM Question

If I purchase PQMs through premier accelerator and then either cancel or just don't take the flight, do I keep the PQMs? Thanks!
Old Dec 16, 2015, 7:50 pm

Premier Accelerator PQM Question

I spoke to a UA agent yesterday and that is what they asked me to do so that I can make up the missing miles to get to 1K. Though would love to hear from someone who has successfully done me this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.