Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Interline Baggage with Partners (Single or Multiple PNRs) w/ SHARES

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interline Baggage with Partners (Single or Multiple PNRs) w/ SHARES

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2013, 10:15 am

Programs: United: Gold, HHonors: Gold, Marriott: Gold, AA, US, AGR
Originally Posted by sactoflyer
Flying First/Business SMF to LHR on UA with a connecting flight to Dublin on EI. The EI flight is on a separate ticket purchased from EI. Any thoughts as to my chances of convincing UA counter agent to check bag through to Dublin?

Thanks in advance.
United and Aer Lingus have interline agreements, so yes, they would be able to check it all the way through without a problem. Just make sure you have the EI itinerary to show to the United check-in agent.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 10:25 am

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
There is a time limit though that has to be met, I would regularly do this PMUA (on flights to Asia). Once UA switched to CO's res system, it became more difficult if there was more than a certain number of hours between the two flights. I'm sorry, I don't remember what the number of hours were. However, if you are under it, there will be no problem at all.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 8:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
United to EVA in LAX--advice needed

Hi all,

I am flying domestically into LAX, arriving around 8pm. I then have a connection from LAX-TPE on EVA leaving at around 1am. All in C/J. My question is about baggage.

--My ticket is on one itinerary, but the United leg is booked independently (i.e. it's not an EVA codeshare or vice versa)
--I want to sit in a lounge in LAX when I arrive, past security.

Can United check my bag through (and if so, is this risky given the long layover?). If not, am I going to have to wait outside security for the EVA counter to open 3 hours before?

Can I get my EVA boarding pass so as to get through security in LAX to the international terminal (and into the *A lounge), assuming UA checks my bags through?
Old Aug 16, 2013, 9:08 am

Programs: United: Gold, HHonors: Gold, Marriott: Gold, AA, US, AGR
Originally Posted by keloutwest
Hi all,

I am flying domestically into LAX, arriving around 8pm. I then have a connection from LAX-TPE on EVA leaving at around 1am. All in C/J. My question is about baggage.

--My ticket is on one itinerary, but the United leg is booked independently (i.e. it's not an EVA codeshare or vice versa)

Can United check my bag through (and if so, is this risky given the long layover?). If not, am I going to have to wait outside security for the EVA counter to open 3 hours before?

Can I get my EVA boarding pass so as to get through security in LAX to the international terminal (and into the *A lounge), assuming UA checks my bags through?
You can check your bags all the way through from wherever you are starting on UA. Just let the agent know that you are transferring to an EVA flight on a separate reservation and they will tag your bag all the way to TPE. You won't need to pick it up at LAX.

Yes, you will be able to use the EVA boarding pass to use the lounge since EVA flies out of the Tom Bradley International Terminal (TBIT) at LAX.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 9:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TakeTheATrain
Quote:

Originally Posted by keloutwest

Hi all,

You can check your bags all the way through from wherever you are starting on UA. Just let the agent know that you are transferring to an EVA flight on a separate reservation and they will tag your bag all the way to TPE. You won't need to pick it up at LAX.

Yes, you will be able to use the EVA boarding pass to use the lounge since EVA flies out of the Tom Bradley International Terminal (TBIT) at LAX.
Thanks. Will UA be able to print my EVA boarding pass at my starting point?
Old Aug 16, 2013, 9:18 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
If you can get your LAX-TPE BP from UA, this will work. Keep in mind that UA is in T 6/7/8 while BR is in Bradley terminal and they are not connected airside.

However, if UA can't or won't issue your onward BP, you won't be able to enter LAX TBIT terminal until BR check in opens so you can get your onward BP. You should find out when BR opens their check-in counters and time your arrival at TBIT accordingly, so stay in the UA lounge until then.

Major improvements have been made at TBIT, but I still wouldn't want to spend excessive amounts of time there, especially pre-security.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
I would try to get the EVA boarding pass via EVA's web sight.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 9:38 am

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
I would definitely try printing out the BP at home as the first option. If not, hopefully UA can print one when you check in for the domestic portion. BR won't accept the UA-printed BP and issue their own anyway, but it will get you through security and into the lounge. BTW 5 hrs is not considered long for international connections. Outside of the normal risks of baggage handling, it's pretty routine.

The *G lounge in TBIT will be open. I personally would just spend the time in there, perhaps walk around the newly renovated terminal for an hour. Landside, there is the famous Encounters restaurant, and the In-N-Out burger place about a mile away that every out-of-towner seems make the pilgrimage to whenever they land in LAX.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Current Baggage Check-Thru Policy?

I have found only outdated (2009) info on this, so forgive me if already covered.

I am traveling in biz on UA/TK as follows: JFK-SFO-IAH-IST. I have a 23.5 hour stopover in SFO. I would like to check all of the baggage through and get keep just a carry on. What are the current rules on >24 hr. stopover?

Thx.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 9:18 pm

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
Originally Posted by northpole999
I have found only outdated (2009) info on this, so forgive me if already covered.

I am traveling in biz on UA/TK as follows: JFK-SFO-IAH-IST. I have a 23.5 hour stopover in SFO. I would like to check all of the baggage through and get keep just a carry on. What are the current rules on >24 hr. stopover?

Thx.
==============
Unfortunately your layover (more than four hours) will necessitate checking your baggage only as far as SFO and then checking baggage again for your SFO-IAH-IST flights. Storage and security reasons. If you don't want to lug around your baggage, why not try paying a storage fee at a nearby airport hotel ?
Old Aug 20, 2013, 8:30 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingNone
==============
Unfortunately your layover (more than four hours) will necessitate checking your baggage only as far as SFO and then checking baggage again for your SFO-IAH-IST flights. Storage and security reasons. If you don't want to lug around your baggage, why not try paying a storage fee at a nearby airport hotel ?
Is the rule 4 hours? That seems harsh. I thought it was 12?
Old Aug 20, 2013, 8:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by chavala
Is the rule 4 hours?
Nope.

They won't accept new bags more than 4 hours from departure but longer connections can be accommodated.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 11:52 am

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
Interline bags from United to Singapore Airlines on separate tickets

Like the title suggests ... Flying FLL-IAH (economy) on UA, then SQ (biz) IAH-DME-SIN-MLE.

Will the UA counter at FLL tag the bags all the way for final destination of MLE, or will I have to pick up and re-check the bags at IAH? (huge hassle).

United and SQ tickets are completely separate. I am *G through USAir if it makes any difference.

I assume with USAir *G I will be allowed to check 2 * 70LB bags each for me and my companion, which will line up nicely to SQ's limitations.

Thanks!
Old Aug 20, 2013, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by some dude
Like the title suggests ... Flying FLL-IAH (economy) on UA, then SQ (biz) IAH-DME-SIN-MLE.

Will the UA counter at FLL tag the bags all the way for final destination of MLE, or will I have to pick up and re-check the bags at IAH? (huge hassle).

United and SQ tickets are completely separate. I am *G through USAir if it makes any difference.

I assume with USAir *G I will be allowed to check 2 * 70LB bags each for me and my companion, which will line up nicely to SQ's limitations.

Thanks!
You'll be allowed 3 bags up to 70lbs each as United will be the first carrier you check in with. UA should be able to interline your bags all the way to MLE provided that your connections are within 24 hours and within the same day. I believe for security purposes UA will not interline your bag if it has to overnight somewhere even though it's less than 24 hours.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 12:00 pm

OP check this out ---

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-shares-7.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.