Wiki Posts
Search

New Lifetime Member United Club Card!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2012, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: continental united starwood hilton marriott
New Lifetime Member United Club Card!

If previously posted sorry but will new card be issued for lifetime presidents club? Assume their should be no hassle using old cards
Old Mar 6, 2012, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by arubalad
If previously posted sorry but will new card be issued for lifetime presidents club? Assume their should be no hassle using old cards
Your old cards should work fine (since it is the same system) -- however, I would think they would issue new cards eventually.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 11:09 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
My 'OLD' PC Lifetime card has not scanned in a couple of years and I refuse to pay them $25 to make their life easier.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 7:02 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by Vulcan
My 'OLD' PC Lifetime card has not scanned in a couple of years and I refuse to pay them $25 to make their life easier.
I didn't have to pay when I got mine replaced.

BTW, shouldn't they be sending us UC replacements?
Old Mar 22, 2012, 7:25 pm

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold
Is this the old post-star-alliance card or the older pre-star-alliance card? That I keep both is a sign that I will be making an appearance on "Hoarders" sometime in the future.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 9:15 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by edcho
Your old cards should work fine (since it is the same system) -- however, I would think they would issue new cards eventually.
I was able to use my Lifetime PC card in the US Club last week without a problem, but I wonder how long the US Club will continue to honor a Lifetime PC Card instead of a Lifetime UC card?
Old Mar 23, 2012, 12:03 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Yeah, mine rarely scans anymore. And the front has worn off in about 18 months (since it was replaced last). A UC agent last week in ORD gave me grief for "not getting a new card yet" b/c it was worn out. I told them that I was waiting for UA to send me a new one and she went into a rant about how CO was bad for customer service and shouldn't make me ask for a new card...

Anyway, if you go to a UC (at least one of the legacy CO clubs), they will take your card and request a new one be sent. This doesn't cost $25, but it also prevents you from getting into other *A clubs, as they cannot look up your info.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 5:04 pm

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Anyway, if you go to a UC (at least one of the legacy CO clubs), they will take your card and request a new one be sent. This doesn't cost $25, but it also prevents you from getting into other *A clubs, as they cannot look up your info.
You're joking, right? They didn't do this to me at EWR or FLL last week.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 8:59 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Originally Posted by lensman
This is the correct obsevation. They don't care.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 9:15 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by lensman
I should have clarified: if you are in need of a new card (because yours is unreadable by the strip and/or the writing on the front) and ask, they will keep your card and request a new one be sent to you.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 3:32 am

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold
I just say "Strip is dead, you'll have to key it in..." as I'm handing it to them. I've NEVER had someone offer to replace it.
Old May 15, 2012, 11:48 am

Still using old Cont lifetime presidents club, how long will these be usable at other than United clubs? at united clubs with new desk agents?

I 'asked Alex" but got no response other than your message received.

Paid a fair amount for lifetime and want to keep using the card but really we should get a new card with lifetime united
Old May 15, 2012, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by jerseygirl
Paid a fair amount for lifetime and want to keep using the card but really we should get a new card with lifetime united
+ ne. I've not seen a new card either. The clubs merged a couple of months ago and they certainly know where I live.
Old May 15, 2012, 7:37 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
I kinda like thinking that us LT PC members are among the last people to travel with a CO-branded service. FWIW, I still find it easier to use my NW WC card in some Asian airports (recently ICN, SIN, BKK) than my DL SC card. The server at lunch remarked about my Presidential Plus credit card from CO...
Old May 24, 2012, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
I inquired at the UA club when checking in last week and asked the agent about new cards. The agent said they had seen new ones.

I called the UA club and queried the phone agent. At first she said the old cards still worked, but when I said the desk agent told me they had seen new cards - she gave in and agreed to send me a new card.

Let's see if I get.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.