Are the bugs Working in our Favor

Old Jun 16, 12, 8:10 am
  #16  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Canada
Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 21,853
Originally Posted by CDKing View Post
If there are bugs working in our favor (yes I know there are some) why would anyone want to tell UA so they can fix them?
Exactly.

There are several nice bugs in the system. Both for paid and award.
Lets keep it that way.

Already a couple have been lost because people felt the need to post it on FT - like USA-Australia being charged Asia prices.
rankourabu is offline  
Old Jun 16, 12, 8:23 am
  #17  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Between DCA and IAD
Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Posts: 60,620
It sure seems UA is more prompt to fix bugs not in their favor...


Originally Posted by DCEsquire View Post
Does anyone know when this bug will get fixed if ever? I'm finding it increasingly difficult to tell how many PQM I actually have.
TMK, it's been fixed (largely), but they have not (yet) gone back and fixed incorrect postings. I'm disappointed they fixed it right before several longhaul international segments I took...
exerda is offline  
Old Jun 16, 12, 8:31 am
  #18  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Canada
Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 21,853
Originally Posted by exerda View Post


TMK, it's been fixed (largely), but they have not (yet) gone back and fixed incorrect postings. I'm disappointed they fixed it right before several longhaul international segments I took...
dont worry, it will be fixed in late December audits, they will tell you status wont be affected, and then drop you in February anyway.

Just like it happened in Dec.2011 when they fixed errors in our favour.
rankourabu is offline  
Old Jun 16, 12, 8:37 am
  #19  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: BOS, PVG
Programs: United Global Services and 1MM, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 8,813
Originally Posted by rankourabu View Post
Exactly.

There are several nice bugs in the system. Both for paid and award.
Lets keep it that way.

Already a couple have been lost because people felt the need to post it on FT - like USA-Australia being charged Asia prices.
+1

Why should we give UA ideas to fix errors in our favor, when those errors in their favors are not fixed for many months?

I'll take nice bugs in our favor to compensate (not enough) for benefits we lost under SMI/J regime.
kb1992 is offline  
Old Jun 16, 12, 9:04 am
  #20  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: IAH
Programs: UA 1K, MR Bonvoy Bonzaiiiii, National EE
Posts: 621
Originally Posted by DCEsquire View Post
Does anyone know when this bug will get fixed if ever? I'm finding it increasingly difficult to tell how many PQM I actually have.
As PHYlyer82 states, you're going to have to use a spreadsheet to really figure out what's going on.

I created one with everything on one sheet, with the columns on the left showing what posted to my account and the columns on the right showing what should have posted. I marked postings that are good in green, postings that are wrong but in my favor in yellow (only 1 thusfar), and postings that are wrong and not in my favor in red. At the bottom I have some calculations for what my MP level, RDMs, and PQMs should be. Pictures after the jump.



brp1264 is offline  
Old Jun 16, 12, 9:54 am
  #21  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston MA
Programs: UA 1K/1.5 million miler, SU Gold, JL Sapphire
Posts: 529
Originally Posted by DCBob View Post
It's not just UA. I was upgraded on DL on a long international flight using an SWU and they never pulled the SWU. The flight was the first week of April.
April's fool, but the joke is on them
skidooman is offline  
Old Jun 16, 12, 10:41 am
  #22  
formerly gohima
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 519
Originally Posted by usa18dca View Post
Give it time, UA will pull them eventually... Unless we're talking a month or so and it hasn't been deducted then YMMV.
The miles should of been pulled about 2 months ago. I consider it consolation for the fact that im still missing bonus EQMs that united refuses to give me.
LAXJetter is offline  
Old Jun 16, 12, 11:20 am
  #23  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 451
Originally Posted by rankourabu View Post
Exactly.

There are several nice bugs in the system. Both for paid and award.
Lets keep it that way.

Already a couple have been lost because people felt the need to post it on FT - like USA-Australia being charged Asia prices.
True. A trick that I have used in the past has been out of play since early May.

Originally Posted by brp1264 View Post
As PHYlyer82 states, you're going to have to use a spreadsheet to really figure out what's going on.

I created one with everything on one sheet, with the columns on the left showing what posted to my account and the columns on the right showing what should have posted. I marked postings that are good in green, postings that are wrong but in my favor in yellow (only 1 thusfar), and postings that are wrong and not in my favor in red. At the bottom I have some calculations for what my MP level, RDMs, and PQMs should be. Pictures after the jump.

(figures omitted)
You may want to hide some information on the spreadsheet such as your seat number and mileage balance. It makes you identifiable, by United or other insiders, despite its slim chance to happen.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jun 16, 12 at 11:42 am Reason: merge
samwkchan is offline  
Old Jun 16, 12, 12:01 pm
  #24  
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: SFO, CDG, PBI
Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Posts: 28,593
Be careful what you wish (and post for ) as remember, UA (and others) read this thread and report back
goalie is offline  
Old Jun 17, 12, 12:14 am
  #25  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: IAH
Programs: UA 1K, MR Bonvoy Bonzaiiiii, National EE
Posts: 621
Originally Posted by samwkchan View Post
You may want to hide some information on the spreadsheet such as your seat number and mileage balance. It makes you identifiable, by United or other insiders, despite its slim chance to happen.
Understood, however I do hope that UA does see this one and identify me. It would be nice to hear from them firsthand and have to explain to me why it is necessary for me to track my account this detailed fashion. I am not trying to get anything more than what I am entitled to - I just want accurate and timely posting of miles without having to call and e-mail for months on end. I would gladly give back the few miles extra I earned from the CPU bump to Z fare if I didn't have to track my mileage earnings.

As an example to how things could be done with mileage/points posting, I called Holiday Inn a few days ago to change a points reservation from 5 nights to 4 nights, with a refund due of 25,000 points to me. I asked the agent how long it would take for the points to credit back to me, expecting days or weeks - she said it should happen right when she clicks the apply button. She clicked apply, I refreshed my account, and the points showed up. That is the operational level that UA is missing and that causes all of us, even non-FTyers, major grief.
brp1264 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: