Award accerlerator

Old Apr 2, 2012, 11:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM; TK Gold; AB Gold
Award accerlerator

Sorry I am new to Mileage Plus, i am not sure whether there still the award accerlerator like the pre-merger which UA has?
Can anyone advise?
Old Apr 2, 2012, 11:22 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Yes. I saw it today, however I think the name changed slightly.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 11:32 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cxlover
Sorry I am new to Mileage Plus, i am not sure whether there still the award accerlerator like the pre-merger which UA has?
Can anyone advise?
yes there is still the Award Accelerator for RDMs and Premier Accelerator for EQMs.

Only available after booking is ticketed.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 7:33 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K
When do PQMs post?

When do the PQMs post after making a Premier Accelerator purchase? I see that the Award Accelerator miles posted immediately.

I ask because I will travel overseas in a little over a week and the additional PQMs would get me to Star Gold.

Thanks -

pc
Old Apr 4, 2012, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by pricklycomedian
When do the PQMs post after making a Premier Accelerator purchase? I see that the Award Accelerator miles posted immediately.

I ask because I will travel overseas in a little over a week and the additional PQMs would get me to Star Gold.

Thanks -

pc
Mine posted as Continental Elite Maximizer PQMs the following day. I waited to purchase the RDMs and PQMs until I checked in online the day before the flight. By the time I looked at united.com after flying my first segment, the RDMs and PQMs I bought were posted.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by mre5765
Mine posted as Continental Elite Maximizer PQMs the following day. I waited to purchase the RDMs and PQMs until I checked in online the day before the flight. By the time I looked at united.com after flying my first segment, the RDMs and PQMs I bought were posted.
Thanks for your quick response. Do you or anyone else happen to know if you need to fly first for those purchased PQMs to post? Since it is a purchase, I shouldn't think Premier Accelerator PQMs and when you fly would be related. In fact, I thought I saw a post (can't find it now) that said that you keep purchased Premier Accelerator PQMs even if you had to cancel your flight.

Thanks

- pc

Last edited by pricklycomedian; Apr 4, 2012 at 9:40 am
Old Apr 4, 2012, 9:48 am
In Memorium

Programs: UA 1K-3.5MM; AA Exec. Plat.; Hyatt Diamond; Marriott Platinum
I have heard that is true but have no personal experience.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by mre5765
Thanks for your quick response. Do you or anyone else happen to know if you need to fly first for those purchased PQMs to post? Since it is a purchase, I shouldn't think Premier Accelerator PQMs and when you fly would be related. In fact, I thought I saw a post (can't find it now) that said that you keep purchased Premier Accelerator PQMs even if you had to cancel your flight.

Thanks

- pc
This is correct. Unless there has been a recent change, the RDMs and PQMs post soon after purchase irrespective of your flight activity.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 10:29 am

Does anyone know the current price per mile for the PQMs?
Looks like it's around $0.03 for RDMs.

THanks!
Old Apr 5, 2012, 10:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by TravisTX
Does anyone know the current price per mile for the PQMs?
Looks like it's around $0.03 for RDMs.

THanks!
PQMs for me have been holding steady at $0.10, so the total would be $0.13 (you can't purchase PQMs without the RDMs).

Thanks

- pc
Yes - I just did this last week.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Apr 5, 2012 at 12:42 pm Reason: merge
Old Apr 5, 2012, 11:37 am

Thanks

- pc
I think UA prefers this route (not actually flying) since you then become pure profit.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 6:46 am

Award Accelerator miles posted, but not the Premier Accelerator miles

Curious follow-up to this situation: I attempted to buy the RDMs and PQMs - got the email confirmation itemized with both receipt IDs, and as I mentioned earlier, the RDMs posted immediately, but not the PQMs.

So after two days with no change I wrote to MileagePlus support. I have yet to hear back, but I checked my online credit card statement and only the RDMs portion has been charged to my credit card.

- pc
Old Apr 7, 2012, 7:38 am

Programs: 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, National Exec. Elite
So after two days with no change I wrote to MileagePlus support. I have yet to hear back
I hope you are not in a hurry. Replies from MP support are running 6-8 weeks if you are lucky.

The customer service is downright pathetic.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 7:57 am

Well, the extra PQMs would get me to Premier Gold, which would be nice to have ahead of the trans-pacific flight I have coming up in a week. - pc
Old Apr 7, 2012, 8:36 am

Programs: MP(1K) Million Miler, Marriott Plat
Well, the extra PQMs would get me to Premier Gold, which would be nice to have ahead of the trans-pacific flight I have coming up in a week. - pc
When I made an EQM purchase last year to get from G to Plat, a boarding pass issued a few days later still showed G, but the status on the CO app on my BB showed Plat. The attendant at the LH Senator lounge admitted me when I showed the display on my BB. So check the app on your smartphone if the status doesn't show on your boarding pass.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.