Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Mysterious "Reservation Change" E-mail from UA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2012, 9:37 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond

This morning, I got an e-mail from UA with the subject, "United Reservation Change." The e-mail listed a confirmation #, the matching itinerary, and the following text:

Originally Posted by UA.bomb
There has been a change to your reservation. This may concern a change in the flight number, flight time, aircraft, seat assignment and/or codeshare partner. Please review your updated itinerary below.

Now, I've reviewed the itin, and nothing seems to have changed: flight #s are the same as when I booked them back in April; seat assignments are the same; aircraft are the same (I was worried they'd already swapped the 747 to a 777 on the NRT-BKK segment), times are identical... I compared all of these vs. what I entered into FlightMemory at time of booking, and they match up exactly.

Even stranger, there are two of us traveling on this same itin on separate tickets (my wife is on an award, I'm on a paid ticket), but we only got one e-mail.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by exerda
Even stranger, there are two of us traveling on this same itin on separate tickets (my wife is on an award, I'm on a paid ticket), but we only got one e-mail.
My situation exactly on more than one occasion since the merger. I have simply checked the "accept changes" box on the website and ignored it.

Dave
Old Jun 13, 2012, 9:48 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bseller
My situation exactly on more than one occasion since the merger. I have simply checked the "accept changes" box on the website and ignored it.
I've had that happen, too (as well as apparently having the system "auto-accept" a change without me clicking "accept") but in this case, when I went in to look at both reservations, neither showed the "accept changes" box. Ah, those gremlins UA has working in their IT department...
Old Jun 13, 2012, 9:52 am

Programs: UA 1K; Avis Preferred; PriorityClub Gold; nada anywhere else
Also had this happen-- and not just post 3/3. Used to see it from Continental from time to time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.