Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Club access in Narita with one-time passes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2012, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MP, AA, HHGold, IHG Plat

I am fairly new to the Lounge access rules. FYI, I have no status with United or other airlines.
I received one-time passes from United and want to use them in Narita. I am flying award tickets, arriving in Air Canada and departing in Singapore Airlines. Will I be able to use the passes to access United Club in Narita?
I would prefer to use in Singapore, but United website does not show any United Clubs in that airport.

My apologies if this type of question has been answered in another thread. I researched this without any success, and hence posting for help from experienced flyers.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 4:43 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by niltula
I am fairly new to the Lounge access rules. FYI, I have no status with United or other airlines.
I received one-time passes from United and want to use them in Narita. I am flying award tickets, arriving in Air Canada and departing in Singapore Airlines. Will I be able to use the passes to access United Club in Narita?
I would prefer to use in Singapore, but United website does not show any United Clubs in that airport.

My apologies if this type of question has been answered in another thread. I researched this without any success, and hence posting for help from experienced flyers.
Yes you can use them at the Club at NRT even if you're not flying United. You're correct.. there is no United Club at SIN so you won't be able to use the passes there.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Thank you SEA1K4EVR.
Now need to find me a sponsor for Singapore
Old Jun 12, 2012, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Thank you SEA1K4EVR.
Now need to find me a sponsor for Singapore
There are pay in lounges at SIN, but it sounds like there is plenty to do for free:

http://www.sleepinginairports.net/asia/singapore.htm

SunLover
Old Jun 12, 2012, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Thank you Sunlover, it seems there is a lot to do. First time transiting through here, but at 3am, let's see if my body wants to explore the airport. I'll be happy if I can catch an hour or two of ZZZs
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:27 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Are you flying in coach or premium cabin? If you are in first or business, you can use the lounge by showing your boarding card.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:46 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Thank you Sunlover, it seems there is a lot to do. First time transiting through here, but at 3am, let's see if my body wants to explore the airport. I'll be happy if I can catch an hour or two of ZZZs
Bring an alarm clock with you. SIN some some wonderful chairs to sleep in. That airport is very nice to sleep in. There's no loud announcements overnight. There's the sound of water (from the koi ponds), too. It's very relaxing. Snag a blanket off your inbound flight. Roll up your jacket to use as a pillow. You won't need a lounge.

Quite a number of 24 hour eateries as well.

Oh, and the transit hotel (airside) is only $35 for 6 hours.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:02 pm

I have Chase-provided United Club one-time passes. I hope to use them at Narita.

On the United Club webpage I looked for information about the Narita United Club (http://www.united.com//web/en-US/con...s/default.aspx). Under "amenities", it indicates that there are not any (e.g. showers, alcoholic drinks). But on a review webpage (http://onethousandsplaces.typepad.co...ort-tokyo.html) the author describes the Narita Club lounge as having showers, drinks, and food.

So, using my one-time passes can I access the Narita United Club lounge (my economy-seat, Japan to U.S. flight, though, will actually be on ANA)? And do they actually have the amenities which the author wrote about (but which the United page does not mention)?
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:07 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by muji
I have Chase-provided United Club one-time passes. I hope to use them at Narita.....
NRT UC definitely has showers
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:08 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Is that true for the regular UC or only the Global First Lounge?
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by o9b5x8m
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Is that true for the regular UC or only the Global First Lounge?
Regular UC has 12-13 showers, they are very refreshing. Enjoy.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
12-13 showers, they are very refreshing. Enjoy.
But you should sign in to get a place in line, I hear, and if there is a wait they'll give you a beeper - and it will beep/vibrate to signal you when your shower time is available.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I have Chase-provided United Club one-time passes. I hope to use them at Narita.

On the United Club webpage I looked for information about the Narita United Club (http://www.united.com//web/en-US/con...s/default.aspx). Under "amenities", it indicates that there are not any (e.g. showers, alcoholic drinks). But on a review webpage (http://onethousandsplaces.typepad.co...ort-tokyo.html) the author describes the Narita Club lounge as having showers, drinks, and food.

So, using my one-time passes can I access the Narita United Club lounge (my economy-seat, Japan to U.S. flight, though, will actually be on ANA)? And do they actually have the amenities which the author wrote about (but which the United page does not mention)?
They do have alcohol- Many FTers enjoy using the automated beer machine. They'll also have a selection of food items.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:26 am

There are showers, but be sure to get on the list for an open shower as soon as you arrive in the UC.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 7:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM bis
I have Chase-provided United Club one-time passes. I hope to use them at Narita. <snip>
Just confirming the other posters, there is indeed food, drink and showers at the NRT UC. The following thread might be useful:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ad-merged.html

I'd like to chime in with four thoughts:
- The beer machine is fantastic, the showers are nice but please bear in mind the food is more in the way of munchies. The closest thing to real food is a soup tureen at the food station (there's two) closest to the entrance. At least the soup's good (well, I liked it).
- To make full use of the facilities, I reckon you need 90 minutes from jetway to jetway. There's a lot of walking around before you get through the security screening, so that can eat up some 15 minutes. Additionally, if your arrival time is the same as when the UA flights come in, there could be quite a line for the shower. As the other posters have noted, go to the shower attendant; if there's a line she'll give you a pager. I've spent (worse case) 30 minutes waiting for a shower; 15-20 minutes has been pretty typical for me but YMMV.
- Note also that the UC is in the general area of gate 28; ANA tends to have their flights board from gates in the 40's; budget 10-15 minutes walking/travelator time.
- I'm assuming you have no or low status and/or flying economy, but folks who are *Gold can also go to the ANA lounge. The food is better there (I think, anyway). I bring this up because if you make a friend on the flight who happens to be *Gold, perhaps they can guest you in?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.