Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Paris - Does UA or Star alliance have an arrivals lounge?

Paris - Does UA or Star alliance have an arrivals lounge?

Old Aug 5, 2019, 6:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz platinum, Bonvoy titanium , Delta flying colonel/platinum/MM, retired old men board member
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Meet and greet for free? AmEx has never offered this to me on tickets through their International Airlines Program.

BTW the Sheraton is in CDG T2 (not T1) in the center and on top of the rail station. You'd need to get from T1 to T2 to use it, but then from the Sheraton it's easy to take the RER or airport buses into the city.
It is not offered in US to my knowledge but is in most major European including Paris
Other Travel Benefits
  • Complimentary meet and greet in 53 destinations whenever flying in Business or First Class
  • Fast-track in certain airports (fee applies)
  • Limousine Service
Old Aug 5, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
There is no arrivals lounge at CDG except the AF one in T2 (which I think is a nice terminal). It is one of the downsides of flying UA into CDG at the much worse T1. (Interesting aside: both terminals were designed by the same architect, just decades apart.) When arriving on UA, you will enter the same area that the *A lounge is in, which is before the passport control and the baggage claim on the other side of that, but their policy is not to admit arrivals. (Not to say someone does not slip in from time to time, but I have been turned away.) You could use the SalonICARE lounge near it with PP, but it has no showers (and is always crowded). Same with SAS (which is only for departing and has no showers), and LH (only for departing and with no showers, and also behind the security screening for the little LH outposts that T1 uses).

Also, even if you could get in to the *A lounge on arrival, I would not do it if I had checked luggage, since it is not a good idea to leave your luggage at the T1 baggage claim for very long, and with the automated gates and no ongoing ticket, I don't think they would let you back into the passport controlled area where the lounges are.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 7:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz platinum, Bonvoy titanium , Delta flying colonel/platinum/MM, retired old men board member
Yotel in 2E has private cabins with showers
Old Aug 5, 2019, 8:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by knownothing
Yotel in 2E has private cabins with showers
Is this airside or landside?
Old Aug 5, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is this airside or landside?
It's airside in departures

Last edited by ajeleonard; Aug 14, 2019 at 10:35 am
Old Sep 3, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: M&M: FTL; A3: *G; Hertz: #1 Club Gold President's Circle
Originally Posted by Artpen100
There is no arrivals lounge at CDG except the AF one in T2 ....
and is this AF T2 arrival lounge accessible if you pay entrance fees?
Old Sep 3, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: UA
A few weeks ago I used the Star Alliance lounge in T1 at CDG as an arrival lounge using my Priority Pass membership card.
My United club membership wasn't acceptable for that.

(I had a number of hours to wait for a train which is why I wanted to use the lounge.)
Old Sep 28, 2019, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA 2P, US, B6, CO
Originally Posted by starless
A few weeks ago I used the Star Alliance lounge in T1 at CDG as an arrival lounge using my Priority Pass membership card.
My United club membership wasn't acceptable for that.
Thanks for this info.
Do you know if you had access to the showers? The PP app says "access to the business lounge only," and I'm trying to figure out if that excludes showers.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SK EBG, RR PLT, IHG PLT
The Star Alliance Lounge at T1, if I remember correctly, is in the main 'cylinder' on the 10th level. Once you deplane at one of the satellites, you take the underground moving walkway to the main 'cylinder' bits and it dumps you in the duty free shopping area (4th level?). Whether you turn left or right, you'll eventually run into immigration desks... but in between, by the Hermes shop, there are elevators that take you up to the lounges. As security occurs at the satellite boarding area, process-wise this puts you sort-of-airside, but not yet entered the country. It seems feasible that you could head up to the lounge, and then when finished you go back downstairs and do immigration and hit baggage claim and transportation. I could be wrong... am I?
Old Sep 28, 2019, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by XC-flyer
Thanks for this info.
Do you know if you had access to the showers? The PP app says "access to the business lounge only," and I'm trying to figure out if that excludes showers.
I've never used the showers at CDG, but you ought to be able to use them.
At least in August there wasn't really a separate business lounge. At one time there was a 1st class lounge on the 11th (I think it was) floor where you entered and the general lounge down on the 10th floor. Now the 1st class lounge seems to have disappeared, and you enter on the 10th floor.
But we noticed that there is a sign pointing upstairs to a "business" lounge. Going up there, as we were traveling Polaris, there was no check on whether you were really business or not, and it was a small area, but less crowded than the general area.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 9:26 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
I would not feel comfortable letting my luggage sit at the CDG T1 carousel too long.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by Artpen100
I would not feel comfortable letting my luggage sit at the CDG T1 carousel too long.
I heard this elsewhere too... guess I'll look for a "Plan B" for showers!
Old Oct 1, 2019, 12:58 am

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
We just came in to CDG on United and tried to use the lounges. Indeed, turned away at the Star Alliance lounge as a Gold. Did not think to try my Priority Pass there. Then turned away at the iCare lounge down the hall.

Interestingly, used the restroom in the hall between the lounges and there was a shower in it. So, if you need a shower, just go on up with your luggage. There were no signs or other indications that these were owned by anyone. I did not see towels, however. So bring a small one.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by pretzlaff
Interestingly, used the restroom in the hall between the lounges and there was a shower in it. So, if you need a shower, just go on up with your luggage.
Interesting, thanks!
Did you just have carry-on bags?
Old Oct 3, 2019, 9:34 pm

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
Yes, just carry on.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.