Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Anyone have any idea what this weird flight is in my past reservation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2012, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, Shang Jade, Hyatt Globalist

I had a trip to JFK-SFO-HNL return in April, yet this interesting flight persists in my "current reservations" for this coming October.

Anyone encountered anything similar? And what happens when I don't show up for it??

Last edited by pemabuk; Jun 6, 2012 at 8:47 am Reason: Fixing image
Old Jun 6, 2012, 8:46 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
I have a trip from Rockford to Rockford that's been hanging around since the beginning of the year.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 8:47 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by pemabuk
I had a trip to JFK-SFO-HNL return in April, yet this interesting flight persists in my "current reservations" for this coming October.

Anyone encountered anything similar? And what happens when I don't show up for it??

The question should be what happens if you show up for it? ;-)
Old Jun 6, 2012, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by 5khours
I have a trip from Rockford to Rockford that's been hanging around since the beginning of the year.
Had this happen also --- It means "REFUND DEPARTMENT" (or something like that), NOT Rockford (RFD)! It was stuck to my itin's for nearly a year. I don't remember what was going on with this in the first place, and it happened a few years back?
Old Jun 6, 2012, 9:30 am

Programs: UA1k 3mm, HH-LifeDiamond, Mar-LifePlatElite
I have two flights to TAK Th that have been on my reservations page since the changeover 3/3. There are even Record locator numbers, but when I pull them up they are blank. The reservations are not ticketed, but still just seem to hang in there.

I just chalk it up to computer glitch. still, it's funny to see the reservations always at the top of my current res list...

Old Jun 6, 2012, 10:33 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by UAgeek71
I have two flights to TAK Th that have been on my reservations page since the changeover 3/3. There are even Record locator numbers, but when I pull them up they are blank. The reservations are not ticketed, but still just seem to hang in there.

I just chalk it up to computer glitch. still, it's funny to see the reservations always at the top of my current res list...

Those are cancelled trips from PMUA. In the conversion they got moved over and the system pulled in TAK. I can't remember the exact reason but somewhere on the forum here there is only.

In my case they show up because there is residual value and I can apply it as a credit to a new reservation + the change fee (of course).
Old Jun 6, 2012, 10:37 am

Programs: *Gold / HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by neo_781
Those are cancelled trips from PMUA. In the conversion they got moved over and the system pulled in TAK. I can't remember the exact reason but somewhere on the forum here there is only.

In my case they show up because there is residual value and I can apply it as a credit to a new reservation + the change fee (of course).
Have the exact same trip on mine.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 10:38 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 5khours
Originally Posted by LilAbner
Had this happen also --- It means "REFUND DEPARTMENT" (or something like that), NOT Rockford (RFD)! It was stuck to my itin's for nearly a year. I don't remember what was going on with this in the first place, and it happened a few years back?
I've got the RFD-RFD flight also. It showed up after the conversation and disappeared for a few months and is back again. I sent a PM to UAInsider about it back in March and never heard a word back.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 10:39 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by buaya00
Have the exact same trip on mine.
OK, found the post from UA Insider.... TKT from Apollo got translated to Airport TAK ...
Old Jun 6, 2012, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA1k 3mm, HH-LifeDiamond, Mar-LifePlatElite
Originally Posted by neo_781

Thanks for the info. Maybe I have a lot of "found" money. Will be calling asap!

^^^^
Old Jun 6, 2012, 6:12 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by pemabuk

Anyone encountered anything similar? .....
an earlier related post with aircraft "ABD" and strange flight duration -- http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...7-one-hqs.html

consensus seems to be this are "test" records that are not properly cleaned up
Old Jun 6, 2012, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, Shang Jade, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
an earlier related post with aircraft "ABD" and strange flight duration -- http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...7-one-hqs.html

consensus seems to be this are "test" records that are not properly cleaned up
Thanks! Obviously I didn't search hard enough before posting...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.