Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United lost my reservation

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2012, 11:53 am

I'm surprised there isn't more traffic about this issue. The US agent I got the second time I called, said this was a system wide problem due to Continental's computer systems. (She is ex-United.) I was told it would be 72 hours before things were corrected. She was embarrassed, she said.

I have a trip from RDU-IAH-LIM that I was checking on. Actually I wanted to ask about upgrades on some of the segments. This itinerary gave me an error message if I tried to access at ual.com or in the Android application on my phone.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 12:44 pm

Programs: Marriott LT-TE, United Gold
I had a one-way reservation in July (for my wife and I using miles) from SFO-MXP via FRA get cancelled out of the blue. Fortunately I've been trying to change cabins on that flight and have been checking daily to see if there is inventory and noticed the reservation missing from my upcoming list. Called the 1K line and they couldn't tell me what happened but reinstated it without issue. Not sure what's going on with this wacky SHARES system but it's not a change I like...
Old Jun 4, 2012, 12:48 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MBS PremExec
With mixed results as to having the reservation fixed. (Mine was NOT, despite a great agent in HNL who contacted HOU and they told her not to do anything with it, that it will fix itself in '48 hours or so').
(emphasis mine)

If you buy that, I have some prime real estate in the Everglades which may interest you.

I will say that I had a reservation which got busted during the immediate-3/3 timeframe, dropping two of its segments (and the flights for which no longer appeared at all in the timetable, search engine, etc.). I waited a couple of days, then called. The very helpful agent fixed it by manually adding the two segments back in, though not as codeshares since those were totally missing from the system.

A couple of days later, the system "fixed" the reservation by adding back in the original flights--out of order, too, mind you--and thus creating a mess which yet another agent had to go in and fix. (This new agent initially tried blaming me for "having it reticketed" and claimed it would cost me $$ to fix, too.)
Old Jun 4, 2012, 6:54 pm

Ticketed QR flight segment missing

I have confirmed/ticketed award booking with UA from IAD-LHR-DOH and today I found that LHR-DOH segment is gone (on QR)... totally missing ...

Also my return DOH-IAD has been put as waitlisted ...

UA agents saying that there is no QR award availability ...but my tickets were booked ... not sure what went wrong? Has anyone had/has this issue?
Old Jun 4, 2012, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by domino007
I have confirmed/ticketed award booking with UA from IAD-LHR-DOH and today I found that LHR-DOH segment is gone (on QR)... totally missing ...

Also my return DOH-IAD has been put as waitlisted ...

UA agents saying that there is no QR award availability ...but my tickets were booked ... not sure what went wrong? Has anyone had/has this issue?

This is not the same issue affecting more than 20,000 reservations currently.

Your issue is a dropped partner award flight, which there have been several reports with using CO over the years, or UA post-3/3. Usually they're with LX or OZ (formerly with AF), but this is the first I've seen with QR, though QR has become popular only recently since it's only been bookable online for a few weeks/months.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 7:12 pm

I am still on call with UA and they are saying that the flight is rescheduled and hence the segment is lost .... only current option is to use some other non-QR flight to reach Doha...

For the waitlisted ticket - I am informed that many QR reservations have been waitlisted (and UA is waiting QR's response)....

Originally Posted by channa
This is not the same issue affecting more than 20,000 reservations currently.

Your issue is a dropped partner award flight, which there have been several reports with using CO over the years, or UA post-3/3. Usually they're with LX or OZ (formerly with AF), but this is the first I've seen with QR, though QR has become popular only recently since it's only been bookable online for a few weeks/months.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
Maybe i can shed a little light on what's going on here from a bit of technical perspective having knowledge of how this kinda things works from my experience at at Sabre.

Though not direct or insider information of UA's situation i'm pretty certain what's happened here. The PNR's became de-linked from the actual e-ticket..which are separate electronic documents. It happens from time to time at any airline for any number of reasons and esp problematic on code share bookings where the carriers operate different reservations systems.

An additional complication in this merger is that UA went with SHARES for reservations and kept the e-ticketing system formally used by PMUA (which are separate systems). There is likely an integration issue between SHARES and the e-ticketing system they are still working on.

This explains the increase in the issue even after the migration to SHARES.

Also as a side note dont blame too much on the res agents you're dealing with. They are simply not trained to resolve this kind of issue. Airport agents are more trained on it, but res agents at most any airline are not.

Last edited by grahampros; Jun 4, 2012 at 7:46 pm
Old Jun 4, 2012, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by zitsky
I'm surprised there isn't more traffic about this issue. The US agent I got the second time I called, said this was a system wide problem due to Continental's computer systems. (She is ex-United.) I was told it would be 72 hours before things were corrected. She was embarrassed, she said.
Mine is still hosed. Thankfully this particular reservation isn't until November. Everything else between now and then (and beyond) looks fine ... so far.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 9:45 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Res visible on web site, but ticket disappeared "due to Apollo - Shares" conversion

It's a good thing I've been OCD about checking the seat map for an upcoming CLE-LAX flight...

The reservation appears under "Manage Reservations" but when you click to View it or Change Seats, the dreaded "! We were unable to review the latest information for this itinerary." appears. I waited a couple days hoping it was a temporary glitch. Called the Premier line last night (answered in 30 seconds, BTW) and spoke with a nice lady who was also somewhat befuddled how the record locator would appear in my account but the underlying ticket was gone. I also had the 016 e-ticket number from the receipt, but that was not found either. After 30 mins. of her talking to some other dept., she said it happened due to the conversion from Apollo to Shares. I made the reservation on May 15, well after March 3.

They created a new reservation that is now "in a queue" for some special dept. to actually ticket this. It's now been more than 12 hours since the call, still waiting...

Another interesting data point is that the seat selections from my "lost" ticket still show as occupied on both flights. She had to assign new seats for the new reservation. One of them in lovely 36C by the rear lav.

Last edited by paule123; Jun 5, 2012 at 10:35 am
Old Jun 5, 2012, 10:30 am

Programs: UA 1K
See also: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...rvation-4.html

How bizarre.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 11:47 am

Why are some people getting new confirmation numbers while holding on the phone, while others (like me!) are told to get lost until it's fixed automatically? Anyone have a secret to share?
Old Jun 5, 2012, 11:55 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, UA Gold, *A Gold, OW Emerald
scarey

It happened to me on Delta about a year ago. I flew from DCA to RSW via ATL. Enjoyed my weekend. On Sunday morning at the RSW airport my return reservation could not be found. It took a committee of three about 40 minutes to get me back on the flights I had booked many months ago. I don't need that kind of stress at 0630 in the morning.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by paule123
It's a good thing I've been OCD about checking the seat map for an upcoming CLE-LAX flight...

The reservation appears under "Manage Reservations" but when you click to View it or Change Seats, the dreaded "! We were unable to review the latest information for this itinerary." appears. I waited a couple days hoping it was a temporary glitch. Called the Premier line last night (answered in 30 seconds, BTW) and spoke with a nice lady who was also somewhat befuddled how the record locator would appear in my account but the underlying ticket was gone. I also had the 016 e-ticket number from the receipt, but that was not found either. After 30 mins. of her talking to some other dept., she said it happened due to the conversion from Apollo to Shares. I made the reservation on May 15, well after March 3.

They created a new reservation that is now "in a queue" for some special dept. to actually ticket this. It's now been more than 12 hours since the call, still waiting...

Another interesting data point is that the seat selections from my "lost" ticket still show as occupied on both flights. She had to assign new seats for the new reservation. One of them in lovely 36C by the rear lav.
I had the exact same issue with the old seat assignments sticking with the old reservation....makes me wonder if those seats will stay "occupied" or eventually drop off....if they don't, could you pick the seat next to it and have two seats to yourself??
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:31 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I had it happen on US Airways a few years ago. I'd called in to apply a partial ticket credit and the agent put the booking on hold and never pushed it through. I didn't notice until I went to check if my upgrade had cleared and there was no reservation. Luckily they were able to get me my original price and everything but since then I've been very diligent about checking reservations frequently.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by paule123

So did your new reservation get confirmed and ticketed with your original e-ticket numbers, or new e-ticket numbers, or are you just still waiting?

Has anyone who was affected by this computer snafu actually been newly confirmed AND ticketed? Or is everyone still waiting for something, or just waiting with a new confirmation number to be ticketed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.