Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Another great change - no more 1K lost baggage line

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2012, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD

UA lost my bag last night. We used to be able to call the 1K line and the agents were trained in lost baggage as well. No more 1K line means no more agents that can deal with lost luggage. WHAT A GREAT CHANGE!!!! Does anyone know what we are supposed to do now? The PMCO agent that just answered transferred me to the "Premiere Baggage Dept" but I hung up after 20 min on hold.

Upgrades, mm program, surly crews, so far nothing has been enough to have me give up 100% on UA. I canceled and refunded some tickets last month as a sign I'm not happy with the NEW UNITED but this is the last straw.

Any 1Ks out there know if there is a special line we can call

Last edited by chinatraderjmr; Jun 2, 2012 at 9:13 am
Old Jun 2, 2012, 9:10 am

Programs: 3 Month Delta Plat, UA PP 2.4mm, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Lifetime Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
UA lost my bag last night. We used to BA able to call the 1K line and the agents were trained in lost baggage as well. No more 1K line means no more agents that can deal with lost luggage. WHAT A GREAT CHANGE!!!! Does anyone know what we are supposed to do now? The PMCO agent that just answered transferred me to the "Premiere Baggage Dept" but I hung up after 20 min on hold.

Upgrades, mm program, surly crews, so far nothing has been enough to have me give up 100% on UA. I canceled and refunded some tickets last month as a sign I'm not happy with the NEW UNITED but this is the last straw.

Any 1Ks out there know if there is a special line we can call
I'm not sure what airports this applies to, but in DEN and COS they have a vastly improved service now, both on phone and on the web. I wish I could remember the name of the website... Anyhow, I could at any time tell where the luggage was, when it was scheduled for delivery, and call the driver immediately when he started is run.
I used to cringe talking to "Simon"...made me think bad thoughts...
Old Jun 2, 2012, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by c502cid
I'm not sure what airports this applies to, but in DEN and COS they have a vastly improved service now, both on phone and on the web. I wish I could remember the name of the website... Anyhow, I could at any time tell where the luggage was, when it was scheduled for delivery, and call the driver immediately when he started is run.
I used to cringe talking to "Simon"...made me think bad thoughts...
THANKS

I have that web site. It has NO info other then my tag #. One agent told me its in SFO, another told me its in Cleveland I didn't fly to any of there places!!! I checked 3 bags in at PHX to go PHX-DEN-LGA. Got 2 bags in LGA. Just finally got thru to. "Premier Baggage Line" and she has no idea where it is. She said she tried calling SFO, DEN and CLV but NO ONE will pick up at those stations. ??? I've had it. The agent I just spoke to who was very nice but unhelpful could not wrap her head around the idea that before the merger, 1K agents were baggage trained so 1 call with no hold time was all it took. Now EVERYONE speaks to Houston
Old Jun 2, 2012, 9:20 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by c502cid
Agree. I was initially skeptical, but this is a VERY nice improvement. ^
Old Jun 2, 2012, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Agree. I was initially skeptical, but this is a VERY nice improvement. ^
Then this is not the web site I have. Is it not avail in NYC? Does anyone have that link?
Old Jun 2, 2012, 10:07 am

Programs: 3 Month Delta Plat, UA PP 2.4mm, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Lifetime Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
Then this is not the web site I have. Is it not avail in NYC? Does anyone have that link?
Sorry, I wish I cold remember it. When it was going on I asked the agent if this was part of shares and she said no, it was a newer system they brought on. One she filed the claim it directed me to a website... something like whereismyluggage.com. So far improved from the past mess they had going, even with a 1K call in line.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 10:41 am

Programs: AA Platinum, ex-UA 1P
It's a shame they dropped United's advanced baggage tracking system in the move to SHARES.

Lost Functionality

Meanwhile, Delta decided to move forward even as COdbaUA regressed...

Say Hello to Mobile Baggage Tracking
Old Jun 2, 2012, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had a short connect the other day (via IAH, Regional to Mainline) so I was not sure if my bag would make it. Upon getting to my destination, I went to the baggage office.

The pmUA and pmCO agents were sitting side-by-side. I asked about the rumor that bags are no longer scanned.

pmCO agent:
- I don't see your bag scanned onto the planes
- Some stations scan, some stations don't
- Do you want them to scan your bag and slow things down or just throw your bag on and make the flight?

pmUA agent:
- pmCO scans if it is CO operated ramp
- outsourced CO ramps do not scan
- they are moving toward company operated ramps
- still two independent baggage tracking systems

At my particular station, I have always found that CO bags come out much faster than UA. The pmUA agent said that that is because CO pays faster bag delivery bonus for the subcontractor and they have fewer flights.

I am not sure how much of the information is correct but here you go.

Also, it was clear that the pmCO agent was the boss - not sure if it is seniority/experience based (both older) or CO is the boss.

I have had great experiences with the "Elite Bag" people on UA. I hope even if they did away with the group, the agents all ended up in good jobs with UA.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by username
At my particular station, I have always found that CO bags come out much faster than UA. The pmUA agent said that that is because CO pays faster bag delivery bonus for the subcontractor and they have fewer flights.
Interesting -- at EWR, it seems to be the opposite (abet PMCO has a much much bigger presence). I always wait approximately 30 minutes+ for my checked bags to come out (for w/e reason). Sometimes, i'm able to take a shower at the club and still beat the bags! For PMUA, it seems to be always much faster.

Overall (IMO) -- all I can say is to flee to DL or AA for a better overall baggage experience (atleast for now)!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.