Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Domestic Red-Eye in F -- Would You Prefer Snack or Breakfast?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Would You Prefer Snack or Breakfast on Domestic Red-Eye in First?
Snack please.
18.68%
Breakfast please.
81.32%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Domestic Red-Eye in F -- Would You Prefer Snack or Breakfast?

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2012, 6:04 am

Just let me sleep.

Although the warm chocolate chip scones during descent were a nice touch.
Old May 29, 2012, 6:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Breakfast please. Omlette would be nice!
Old May 29, 2012, 6:24 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by mdobbins
Breakfast please. Omlette would be nice!
+1 on the omlette.
Old May 29, 2012, 6:28 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Did you not enjoy the rubber chicken?
Old May 29, 2012, 8:08 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
I just need a banana - how is that harder than cold chicken pasta salad?
Old May 29, 2012, 8:42 am

Amazing that the voting is 82% for breakfast so far. It's incredible that this question hasn't ever been on any survey I've taken, with that much support for breakfast vs. the post-departure snack. Hopefully the VP in charge of Customer Experience will take notice as a way to differentiate the UA product vs. 'the other guys'.
Old May 29, 2012, 12:15 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I don't suppose "both" is an answer is it?

I voted for "Snack" as I'm a United Club member and their breakfast selection isn't terrible. I'd rather sleep as long as possible on the flight and then grab breakfast after landing. Meanwhile, evening food at United Clubs aren't the best and I'm often hungry around 11 or so. I'd rather have a little something on the plane before sleeping.
Old May 29, 2012, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AS MVP, HH Gold, MR Gold
I do a fair number of these domestic redeyes, though I've recently switched to having them be the outbound rather than the trip home; now I need to be mentally rested and prepared to work instead of just being Daddy after sleeping on the plane. All domestic redeyes are too short, so I always decline the service in favor of sleep.

I would like to be brought my Ambien with a glass of cool water during the takeoff roll. After landing, taxi and attachment of the jet bridge, I would like to remain sleeping in my seat for an hour. Then, I would like to be offered some fruit and a pastry in a paper sack, to carry off the plane.
Old May 29, 2012, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Zouf
Just let me sleep.

Although the warm chocolate chip scones during descent were a nice touch.
+1! I was on the late IAD-LAX (UA925) flight on Saturday and they handed out warm cinnamon scones before landing. Nice touch indeed.
Old May 29, 2012, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*, Hilton Diamond
Breakfast
Old May 30, 2012, 1:29 am

Programs: UA Premier Plat, Marco Polo Club Green , HH Blue, Marriott Plat
I would prefer to sleep!

I would prefer to sleep!

I would want to be shocked awake by the chiming of the seatbelt light coming on as the plane approached the airport.

EthernetWeasel
Old May 30, 2012, 9:12 am

Programs: UA 1K [ex-GS],1+MM, SPG PLAT
I have not taken a red-eye in 20+ years (other than TPAC or TATL flts). By the time a red-eye departs, it's too late for dinner. I'd prefer breakfast, since after landing I then start my day.
Old May 30, 2012, 9:56 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Silver. Former AA gold. UA MP and DL Plat AMEX cardholder
Originally Posted by formeraa
Definitely Breakfast! US serves Breakfast a hour before landing on their redeye HNL-PHX flights in F. It consisted of granola cereal, fruit bowl, and a hot danish. At the beginning of the flight, they passed the snack basket for those who were hungry. I thought it was a great service for a "domestic" redeye flight.
For US that's actually pretty good. I feel like no matter what on red eyes you get jipped compared to people who fly during the day and get a nice dinner service or something like that.
Old May 30, 2012, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AeroWesty
Amazing that the voting is 82% for breakfast so far. It's incredible that this question hasn't ever been on any survey I've taken, with that much support for breakfast vs. the post-departure snack. Hopefully the VP in charge of Customer Experience will take notice as a way to differentiate the UA product vs. 'the other guys'.
Why do I get the feeling that if the practice had been to do a pre-arrival breakfast instead of a post-departure snack, the voting would be reversed and people here would be clamoring for the snack and complaining about the breakfast. (And blaming it on Smisek and the merger.)
Old May 30, 2012, 10:15 am

Programs: Delta PM Hilton Diamond Bonvoy Ti/LTP Hertz PC
Neither! I do one of these almost every week, to start the work week, and at this point all I want to do is be drifting off before push back, wake briefly once we're airborne to recline my seat, then sleep until we reach the gate. I've always had dinner before the flight, and when I wake up at 3:30AM Pacific time or whatever awful hour we arrive, food is the last thing on my mind.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.