Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Recording of UA First Class Customer being ignored by Customer Service in IAH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recording of UA First Class Customer being ignored by Customer Service in IAH

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2012, 9:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
YAWNNNNNNN!! I thought this guys 15 min of fame was up on 5/31!
The story was mentioned in todays FT "talk mail" e-mail blast....

So the story just got another 14:59
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:55 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
Yeah, and he has a pretty distinctive hair-do.

But, I think the Undercover Bosses typically are in disguise.

By the way, this is an absolutely awesome idea. Or, he should just spend a week being a "secret shopper" at EWR Customer Service desks.
He could always create a fake FF account that only a select few at HQ knows is fake and call in and assess the phone agent quality. He could also send his most trusted assistants to go undercover, but these would have to be assistants who he trusts to give him unfiltered reports, or maybe even have them wear wires...
Old Jun 19, 2012, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Maybe this guy was setting up the CS agent, but I don't understand how a majority of you are sure that the CS agent did nothing wrong!
Old Jun 19, 2012, 4:52 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Platinum, Frontier, Delta, Hertz Gold, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by sbm12
Were I in the role of CSR and someone came up to me and indicated they were about to record our interaction I, too, would simply stand there and wait for my supervisor to show up.
+1 because this is actually a result you should want as a traveler if you feel you aren't getting even basic customer service, or being flat out disrepected.

The issue is that you want your problem resolved, if you aren't getting anywhere, and then saying, "I am going to record this conversation, so I understand everything clearly.", get's you some where, then that is good.

I'm not talking about recording something to be uppity . . . I'm talking about correcting clear disrespect.

I do suppose a precondition to this action should be, "I need to speak to your supervisor about this interaction." If they refuse flatly, then let the camera/tape roll.

EDIT: I just watched the video. I agree, we don't have context of what happened before. He could have been yelling at her before for all we know, or just recording the same exact behavior. BTW, you can record in this circumstance. He wasn't hiding that fact.

Last edited by valor155; Jun 19, 2012 at 5:02 pm Reason: watched the video

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.