Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Recording of UA First Class Customer being ignored by Customer Service in IAH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recording of UA First Class Customer being ignored by Customer Service in IAH

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2012, 9:48 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by boxo
I'm curious to know how the conversation began, before he started recording.
I want to strangle BOTH of them. He seems like a pesky little twerp and I would like to know what he said before the camera was on to make her ignore him

As far as she's concerned, oh boy. I have dealt w a number of PMCO "CS" agents in both EWR and IAH and I recognize her scowl. It's a common characteristic among these Sr IAH/EWR CO CS agents and it's total BS
Old May 25, 2012, 9:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
Originally Posted by NEWEXP1
Message to Mr. Smisek, please do an Undercover Boss.
haha it's kind of tough to do that when his video is plastered on every plane...
Old May 25, 2012, 10:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bob_the_d
haha it's kind of tough to do that when his video is plastered on every plane...
Yeah, and he has a pretty distinctive hair-do.

But, I think the Undercover Bosses typically are in disguise.

By the way, this is an absolutely awesome idea. Or, he should just spend a week being a "secret shopper" at EWR Customer Service desks.
Old May 25, 2012, 10:27 pm

Programs: Maker's Mark Ambassador
As a frequent CO customer, I did notice that the quality of customer service has been decreasing at IAH ever since the merger started taking shape. What the reason is, I do not know. For some reason, it doesn't seem to be affecting club employees though.

Originally Posted by PHLyer82
Not sure what the law is in Texas.
About as permissive as it gets.

Texas is a "one-party consent" state. Any participant in a conversation can record it without getting permission from or notifying the other participants.

Even beyond that, if an oral conversation takes place in a public area where there is no reasonable expectation of privacy (like a restaurant or a line at the airport...) anyone can record that conversation, even if they are not part of it.

One way or the other, the recording is perfectly legitimate.
Old May 25, 2012, 10:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.7mm
Not a pretty picture for United Customer Service. I dont care what he said or did before the recording started. She represents United Airlines period. End of story. Simply inexcusable behavior on her part.
Old May 25, 2012, 10:43 pm

Programs: UA Plat Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond
I know it's cool to pile on Ua right now...but come on, this video is a total joke. What a d bag that " blogger" is
Old May 25, 2012, 10:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jalen500
What a d bag that " blogger" is
Welcome to FT.
Old May 25, 2012, 11:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K AA EXP
Angry

There is a right way to do things and a wrong way to do things. This was the WRONG way! Who knows what he said to her before he started recording. She probably called a supervisor before he started recording. What she did was right; sit there say nothing, and wait for a manager. Had she said anything, she could be in serious trouble via creative editing.

I got to video Continental 4th senior most flight attendant that flew with them for 47 years. I asked if I could video tape her and she was happy to do it.
http://youtu.be/ixG81D4h_J4?hd=1

His video really makes my blood boil! It’s people like him that makes it look bad for anyone videoing, I have the largest Continental United Channel on YouTube with more views that the official Continental and Untied Channels combine and close to 700 videos. In my 14 years of flying Continental and at least 6 years of recording just about everything under the sun with them, I have NEVER experience anything like he did. You don’t get a reaction that he does without antagonizing someone.

People using “poor ethics” via creative editing to portray a situation in a light that is not fully true or causing a scene so the can video it, should be ashamed of themselves. This causes companies to enact strict policies to govern recording. If he wants to be a creditable and beneficial person in and video blogging community, then he is starting off on the wrong foot. They way he went about this is an embarrassment to seriously video bloggers. With antics like that he will never become a YouTube Partner. I will be contacting him as well as letting a few hundred of my closest YouTube friends who are serious YouTubers know about this and to do the same.
Old May 25, 2012, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by CO777DAL
I got to video Continental 4th senior most flight attendant that flew with them for 47 years. I asked if I could video tape her and she was happy to do it.
http://youtu.be/ixG81D4h_J4?hd=1
Nice video ... but I don't get this:

She really like Continental and is very sad to see it become United.
It is still Continental, COdbaUA!
Old May 25, 2012, 11:44 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
I know others joked about it before, but seriously, I give her props for not saying a word or looking at the moron for the entire 2.5 minutes.
Old May 25, 2012, 11:45 pm

Programs: UAL 1K 1.3MM till 1/31/2015 Bye Smissek, Delta Plat. Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres. Circle
Originally Posted by malgudi
From the blog

That is some skill to sit there moving the mouse around for 2 mins
Wait, SHARES has a mouse interface or was she just surfing the Internet?
Old May 25, 2012, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by NEWEXP1

Message to Mr. Smisek, please do an Undercover Boss.
He can't. He has absolutely no skill set in any facet of the airline industry. No one would believe he was hired to do an airline job.

When he should do is become an undercover passenger. See how he feels being treated as "over-entitled" scum.
Old May 26, 2012, 12:16 am

Programs: UA 1K AA EXP
Originally Posted by malgudi
Nice video ... but I don't get this:

It is still Continental, COdbaUA!
Thanks! This was filmed back in August or July 2011 and no one knew back then how things would end up. I don’t want too go to far off topic. She was an original new hire Continental Airlines Flight Attendant in 1964. (She did not come from a merged airline into CO). We talked for the entire flight from Houston to Dallas. When she started people use to dress up to fly and flying was nothing like what it is today. Also people’s behaviors have also gone down the toilet in that time.

I will never work for the same company for 47 years, but this was the only company she ever worked for. And she pretty much had been to “hell” and back. She was there with Bob Six and when CO was the “Proud Bird with the Golden Tail.” She saw CO go from the top, to hitting rock bottom with in the Lorenzo days, two bankruptcies, and CO on the verge of the third and final BK. Then she was there when Gordon Bethune who took CO from the flying circus to being back to being on top. Now, well…. (I can’t say anything but this forum speaks volumes.) I think if I worked for a company for 48 years to see it end up like this would truly be disheartening.
Old May 26, 2012, 12:25 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion
I am amazed the CSR kept her composure and was so calm amid his baiting. She never bit. The thing about video is we have no idea what happened before the device was turned on. The woman could have very well said she wouldn't help him if he turned on the camera. She was wise to remain silent and wait till her superior arrived. I could have never had the patience to keep my composure in front of such a badgering blogger so I give her props. Younger reps might buckle and get angry. She seemed to have seniority and experience (and maybe a game of Solitaire lol) definitely helped but still I'm amazed.

What is even more telling is the guy completely departs airport premises for hours to have lunch only to cut it close by arriving at security 28 minutes prior to departure and at the gate 23 minutes prior to departure (so he says). Numbers like these can be easily modified by the guy in his blog to support his side of the story. Like others have said, this is a little suspicious. He seems to have an agenda with a blog to play gotcha with airline employees. The camera trick doesn't help his credibility because it doesn't show the whole incident, only what he wants people to see.

I'm not a United flyer but I 'm going to go out on a limb and say the employee did the right thing and United has nothing to apologize for in this specific incident.
Old May 26, 2012, 12:28 am

Wow, I read the comments on this thread first and I expected the guy to act like a douche and honestly, I would have been more annoyed.

I noticed all the comments on eturbonews.... it seems like everyone is making excuses for shoddy customer service. We are all so use to getting treated like cattle that we chide others who demand better? Come on FT! I know I'm new to this forum but seriously - I'm disappointed.

Last edited by KM123; May 26, 2012 at 12:37 am Reason: other info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.