Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What did you spend (revenue) on another airline that UA would have normally received?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What did you spend (revenue) on another airline that UA would have normally received?

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2012, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Marriott Platinum, *Wood Gold, National Exec.
ORD-CPH $2,200

Tried to book United, pulled up the flight on the website but couldn't find a way to enter a credit from a previous cancelled flight. Called Premier line and agent answered in under a minute. However she couldn't pull up the ticket number because her screen was frozen, she asked to put me on hold. 40 minutes later I hung up. Was looking at other options while on hold and wound up booking Delta (KLM) Sorry United (well not really)
Old May 27, 2012, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BAEC Gold
Well this is a timely thread. Two days ago I finally had enough, navigated from ua to nz website to purchase $4200 C class sfo-lhr.
Old May 27, 2012, 4:09 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Ha! I actually did buy a UA ticket, F PHL-IAH for $600

Mainly to keep my miles from expiring, the first and last UA ticket for this year.
Old May 27, 2012, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by harryhv
Ha! I actually did buy a UA ticket, F PHL-IAH for $600

Mainly to keep my miles from expiring, the first and last UA ticket for this year.
Refund that and just order a magazine subscription, save some $
Old May 30, 2012, 3:05 am

Programs: CX DM, VX Gold, UA 1MM Gold, SPG Gold, MR/Ritz Gold, Hertz 5*
Another $9k spent on CX that would have been spent on UA.
Old May 30, 2012, 7:49 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, United 1k, Hilton Gold, Budget Slowbreak. Hertz 5 Star
Just bought a $550 BWI-RNO round trip for July. Not sure I can make the 30k miles by the end of August to get the SWUs, but will give it a try.

Last straw was the 3 times in a row getting connected to the ICC when calling the 1k line.
Old May 30, 2012, 8:00 am

Programs: UA GS, UA 1.6MM, AA LT PLT, AA 2.6MM, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador
Doing ORD-DCA-JFK-LHR-ORD this week on AA when at 1/1/12 I had intended to do these flights on UA. About $10K in fares I believe as this is all in either J/C or F.
Old May 30, 2012, 9:30 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, Marriott Titanium & LT Platinum, Avis PC, Hertz PC
10 year 1K 1.5MM now a PP. No UA flights this year. Around $3K on WN so far this year that would have normally gone to UA.

I was never a fan of WN, but as long as a I have had an A boarding pass, I have had no problems getting an aisle seat and overhead bin space. On some of my flights I have even had an empty seat next to me.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Amex Plat
After being matched EXP, just booked my first AA trip for next week, a $5.5k D ticket JFK-GIG.

I'm a little apprehensive about the slanted flat beds, but still very much looking forward to experiencing the dAArk side and reaching my 30k SWU challenge.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 12:12 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Enjoy the Flagship Lounge access at JFK PHOTOS
Old Jun 3, 2012, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Folks wanted to go anywhere in Europe in August as long as in C. Could have sent them to AMS/BRU or the like on UA (and I would have in past years, as there was SWU space available), but they were happy to go to MAN on AA and explore England. $1,300x2, upgraded SFO-JFK-MAN r/t (all int'l C) at booking with my handy eVIPs.

Spoke w/two different AA agents and they were fantastic. Wow! is all I can say.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 7:28 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Just booked three domestic RTs for myself and one for my mother-in-law on DL, which was substantially cheaper than UA. All discounted F, about $6k total.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by tom911
Enjoy the Flagship Lounge access at JFK
Thanks, Tom911!! Am looking forward to my visit with the GF - 'now' also AA EXP - on our UPGRADED trip to MAD in January! YAY!!

Dave
Old Jun 3, 2012, 8:21 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Spent aroung a grand on a last minute ticket for this coming weekend to LAS. The upgrade on the outbound came through today. A nice, transparant system - and free, as a new EXP.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Booked my first AA ticket!

JFK-CDG round trip in a couple months.

-$770 all-in fare a much better deal than UA, which was $1,070 for lowest available or $1,200 for W each way - no thanks!
-Better chance of getting upgraded w/SWUs w/ a 30 seat C cabin vs. 16
-Nice 767, with a pair of seats on the side in an exit row (vs. the 757...ugh)
-Get to enjoy the Flagship lounge in JFK and maybe Cathay/BA one at CDG

Feels good!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.