Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I want to be on the first UA 787 flight

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2012, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JetMan19
Can I do this or will United be mad and not let me.
Well, considering COdbaUA's efforts to drive away their best customers, yes, they could be mad at somebody for buying a ticket just cause they want to fly around in a cool new plane.

But since you're only a 2P, you're not one of their best customers, so it'd probably be ok. But just this time. Don't make a practice of it. Cause then you'll be a 1K. And then they'd have to work to drive you way too.
Old May 24, 2012, 5:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by JetMan19
Oh true on the Domestic flights but they I assume would be on IAD-HNL or EWR-HNL or ORD-Hawaii for ETOPS proving if they have to prove to be ETOPS capable if every type of twin has to be ETOPS cleared first even if Airline is ETOPS certified on the 757 767 777 fleets
The 787s are being delivered with ETOPS 330. There will be no need for proving flights. There will likely be need for crew familiarization flights, but that's a whole different beast.
Old May 24, 2012, 10:39 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
If you want to be riding up front, as they say, fuggedaboutit as it's gonna be full of COdbaUA execs*

*and maybe one F/t'er
Old May 24, 2012, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Originally Posted by paule123
Because he's a Silver. No love for silvers these days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.