FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   United CFO Rainey Implies Certain Elites were "Over Entitled". (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1347911-united-cfo-rainey-implies-certain-elites-were-over-entitled.html)

dkc715 May 19, 12 11:33 am

United CFO Rainey Implies Certain Elites were "Over Entitled".

"We have certain groups in this (Mileage Plus) program that were over entitled..." according to United's CFO John Rainey, as per his presentation at the BofA Transportation Conference held on May 17th. The entire webcast is available on United's investor relations website, and he makes the comment 11- 12 minutes into the presentation. Since the CFO is a PMCO guy, I imagine he is referring to PMUA fliers. Mr. Rainey also raves about Shares.

So, I guess we have the answer to all of the complaints enumerated by Premiers, 1Ks, GS, MM, etc. We were simply over entitled, not loyal!! Our new airline.

:td:

chinatraderjmr May 19, 12 11:35 am

Do you have a link to this

I wonder if he feels $3,000,000 a year makes him " over entitled"

UAPremierGuy May 19, 12 11:37 am

Completely explains why I am no longer a UA flyer and am glad to have switched over to AA. Good riddance.

dkc715 May 19, 12 11:38 am

http://ir.unitedcontinentalholdings....&p=irol-IRHome

If this doesn't work, just go under investor relations under www.unitedcontinentalholdings.com

GadgetFreak May 19, 12 11:39 am

On another note, I missed my first upgrade (JFK-LAX) in 18 months last week. And barely made another one (ORD-LGA). Obviously a meaningless data point given in the grand scheme but it will be interesting to see if the number of people switching is really significant and a trend develops. I actually hope so, even if it means I miss a few upgrades.

donnerparty May 19, 12 11:47 am

But Jeff was entitled to that $14.7m in a quarter with a huge loss when only 2 years prior he said he wouldn't take a salary unless the airline was profitable.

username May 19, 12 11:50 am

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr (Post 18605294)
Do you have a link to this

I wonder if he feels $3,000,000 a year makes him " over entitled"

Telling their true feelings about their most valuable customer is worth something :D

Madone59 May 19, 12 11:52 am

Do you think he is refering to Mr. Pillows? No seriously I'm on the IAH air train going to 'B' and don't like the message being given. Does this mean there are more "changes we will like" coming !?:mad:

chinatraderjmr May 19, 12 11:54 am

Originally Posted by username (Post 18605361)
Telling their true feelings about their most valuable customer is worth something :D

I just listened to the first 15 min and had to stop. EXACTLY what I've been saying. They LOVE SHARES and are doing exactly what there business plan is. "over entitled". I love that line. Did he write it while sitting on his corp jet?

demkr May 19, 12 11:55 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Insulting loyal customers. Stay classy.

edcho May 19, 12 11:56 am

I wonder why he would say this out loud -- i'm sure some audience members were UA elites.

Beerman92 May 19, 12 11:58 am

What he said was just a glitch :D

demkr May 19, 12 11:58 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

It's bewildering why the guy said that stuff... why would anyone insult their customers like that?

Originally Posted by Beerman92
What he said was just a glitch :D

Yep. A freudian slip--- exposing the attitude of sCO management that elites are a burden to the airline

richk_30 May 19, 12 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by edcho (Post 18605390)
I wonder why he would say this out loud -- i'm sure some audience members were UA elites.

Have to agree. Even if you are thinking it, there's no way that should be verbalized. The last thing any company should ever do is alienate a customer base.

SFO777 May 19, 12 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by demkr (Post 18605400)
It's bewildering why the guy said that stuff... why would anyone insult their customers like that?

Wow. But based on what has happened in the last few months, is it really all that surprising from this group?

Loved the intro... "John made two comments to me. One, he viewed himself more of a financial guy than an airline guy..." Ya think?

Obviously not using a teleprompter...

Starts at about 11:50...
"...Additionally, we also changed our Mileage Plus program, some of the benefits that, uh, accrued to the members. Uh, we, uh, we had certain groups in this group were over entitled if you will. Uh, and now, uh, we have realigned the benefits of that program with what the, the, the customers and, and, program, um, um, the participants are actually providing to the airline, and, and this is a good change going forward..."