Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Fare Classes Changed by UA during Ticketing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2012, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Marriott LT

Has anyone been in this scenario?

I held a ticket for 24 hrs before purchasing online. I used the 24-hr cash at airport hold.

1 ticket B Fare, V Fare, V Fare.

Around 12 hrs later, I completed my purchase online. It took a while to ticket, but finally went through sometime last night. Now, I logged into my account to take advantage of my instant-upgrade. However, all three flights are V fares. The price was the same, but the fare class was not.

Bait and switch? What should I do?
Old May 18, 2012, 9:20 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by palmetto86
Has anyone been in this scenario?

I held a ticket for 24 hrs before purchasing online. I used the 24-hr cash at airport hold.

1 ticket B Fare, V Fare, V Fare.

Around 12 hrs later, I completed my purchase online. It took a while to ticket, but finally went through sometime last night. Now, I logged into my account to take advantage of my instant-upgrade. However, all three flights are V fares. The price was the same, but the fare class was not.

Bait and switch? What should I do?
Have you called reservations to ask? Would seem to be the first step before posting on FT...
Old May 18, 2012, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
I had the same issue (mix of Y and G). Obviously, my fare was a "G" fare, so I didn't push it. The Elite desk and the rate desk both confirmed it was a glitch, as there was no way such a Y fare could've been that cheap.

(EWR-SFO-MRY-LAX-EWR at $258 a/i).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.