Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Global First Lounge (IFL / GFL) Access Questions and Experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
:-: United's Global First Lounges located at LHR, JFK, ORD, SFO, HKG and NRT are for the exclusive use of passengers traveling in United's Global First or in International First Class on a Star Alliance member aircraft with more than two classes of service departing that day from that airport.

:-: United's Global First Lounge located at IAD is for the exclusive use of passengers traveling in United's Global First. See
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20895856-post36.html for documentation of the exclusion of non-UA F pax from the IAD GFL.
10/31/2013
This has now been confirmed to be false and an incorrect denial by the IAD GFL staff per UA Insider - see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21700252-post535.html

Passengers must be holding a same day ticket for flights departing to/from a Trans Atlantic, Trans Pacific, Southern South America, Africa or a Middle East destination. Passengers connecting to/from other United/United Express flights will be admitted as long as the above requirements are met.

Global Services members can also use Global First Lounges when traveling in BusinessFirst or p.s. (JFK-LAX/SFO) BusinessFirst cabin.

A GS who arrives in BF or GF will be admitted to the GFL. A pax who arrives in GF (Global First - UA operated flight 3-class aircraft) will be admitted to the GFL. A GS or pax who arrives on other metal will not be admitted on that basis.

from United Global First and Arrivals lounges
United Global FirstSM Lounge

The United Global First Lounge is an oasis of service and privacy. Tailored to the needs of United Global First customers on long-haul international flights*, we offer personalized services, complimentary hors d'oeuvres and premium beverages.
Access policy

The following customers may access the United Global First lounge by showing their United boarding pass for a flight arriving or departing on a same-day (within 24 hours) itinerary.

United Global First customers traveling on long-haul international flights*
Star Alliance™ First customers departing on international flights

These eligible United Global First Lounge visitors are allowed one adult or child to accompany them as a guest.

*Long-haul international flights are between the U.S. and Asia, Australia, Europe, the Middle East or South America.
Print Wikipost

Global First Lounge (IFL / GFL) Access Questions and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2014, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
There is really no ground service at LHR for GF, right? I know that when the new terminal opens in a few weeks things will be centralized. But tomorrow morning LHR-EWR in GF it's Terminal 4 with the SkyTeam contract lounge, right?
That is correct. Just a few weeks more. I don't mind the SkyTeam lounge, and thanked them when visiting for the last time a couple weeks ago
Old May 17, 2014, 11:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Ya I'm here now and it's great! (As much as it can be at 6:45am)
Old May 18, 2014, 5:08 pm

Programs: GS UA+3MM
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Sitting in the GFL at SFO now and must admit I'm quite impressed. Food / wine are average but this is my favorite GFL/IFL lounge so far (even more than HKG which isn't clear if that is real United IFL or not). Really enjoying the quiet elegance - much better shape than the other lounges I've been in.

Good job UA!
It's a nice lounge - I start many travels right there - a few more now with the GS benefit of travelling in C and getting GFL access.

s
Old May 20, 2014, 5:31 pm

Programs: Diamond HH, Gold Marriott, UA "Plebe"
NRT-SFO first class lounge at SFO

Will be flying NRT-SFO on F class on United. 5 hour layover in SFO. Will fly business class to IAH on United. Can I use First Class Club at SFO?
Old May 20, 2014, 5:49 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by imssc1
Will be flying NRT-SFO on F class on United. 5 hour layover in SFO. Will fly business class to IAH on United. Can I use First Class Club at SFO?
yes (the key is arriving on UA in GF. Arriving non-UA in International F would have been a no.)

Of course departing in *A International F also qualifies.
Old May 22, 2014, 11:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, former DL Gold
I'm flying SFO-YVR-MUC right now flying UA Y/LH F. Any chance I'll I be able to access the GFL in SFO? There's an AC J option too for SFO-YVR. If I switch to that, does that change anything? Thanks!!
Old May 22, 2014, 11:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by spikyone
I'm flying SFO-YVR-MUC right now flying UA Y/LH F. Any chance I'll I be able to access the GFL in SFO? There's an AC J option too for SFO-YVR. If I switch to that, does that change anything? Thanks!!
Sorry, no GFL access either way.

To access SFO GFL, you must have either have a UA Global First flight on your itinerary or be departing SFO in F on a *A partner.
Old May 22, 2014, 11:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, former DL Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
Sorry, no GFL access either way.

To access SFO GFL, you must have either have a UA Global First flight on your itinerary or be departing SFO in F on a *A partner.
Ah thanks for the quick reply! No worries.. Will slum it in the UC
Old Jun 3, 2014, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
LHR GF lounge

I was able to get a F saver back to Chicago in a few weeks on one of UA's Dino 767's. I didn't realize there is a GFL there in T2. Any reports on how it is? The last GFL I was in was last December at ORD and was pretty cramped.

I also just noticed it says on UA's site "eligible GF customers welcome". If your in GF I would think you are welcome. As an award flyer do I get access?

Last edited by enviroian; Jun 3, 2014 at 7:44 pm
Old Jun 3, 2014, 8:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA PP, AA, DL, BA, CX, SPG, HHonors
LHR GF lounge access ?

If I'm arriving LHR on UA F and departing CA F , can i still use the GF lounge ?
Old Jun 3, 2014, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by enviroian
I was able to get a F saver back to Chicago in a few weeks on one of UA's Dino 767's. I didn't realize there is a GFL there in T2. Any reports on how it is? The last GFL I was in was last December at ORD and was pretty cramped.

I also just noticed it says on UA's site "eligible GF customers welcome". If your in GF I would think you are welcome. As an award flyer do I get access?
It (T2, GFL) opens tomorrow (June 4th). Previews look nice.
Yes if you're flying GF you get access, whether $$ or award. (Nonrevs/employees do not, but that likely doesn't apply)

Originally Posted by 787fan
If I'm arriving LHR on UA F and departing CA F , can i still use the GF lounge ?
Will be different terminal for CA until 18 June. After that, yes. Pax flying First on *A international flights get access to GFL.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jun 3, 2014 at 8:58 pm Reason: multi-quote
Old Jun 3, 2014, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
It (T2, GFL) opens tomorrow (June 4th). Previews look nice.
Yes if you're flying GF you get access, whether $$ or award. (Nonrevs/employees do not, but that likely doesn't apply)

Will be different terminal for CA until 18 June. After that, yes. Pax flying First on *A international flights get access to GFL.
Thanks for the info.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 12:17 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by enviroian

Pics and report of the new GFL in LHR T2: http://thedesignair.net/2014/04/11/u...-first-lounge/
Old Jun 4, 2014, 1:28 am

Programs: UA GS
Just sat down in the new LHR GFL, the pics above do it justice, so no need to post any more here... No doubt the friendliest airport experience of my life at the new T2 today. The GFL (and UC) are right next to the UA departure gates, but about a 15 minute walk from the main terminal where duty free is...

Hands-down nicest GFL I've been to architecturally, though you can't beat the Udon soup in LAX after a long inbound flight.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 8:11 am

Programs: UA GS
In a month, I will be:

- Arriving LHR in United Global First
- Departing to DUS in LH Business (still in T1)

What's the route to access the Global First lounge? What would I follow sign wise to find it (flight connections for B gates?) I think I will arrive, have to go through security again, and then be able to access the lounge and then there would be a way to get over to T1 for the LH flight?

I've got a 3 hour connection so I think it would be enough time to see the lounge, so I definitely would like to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.