Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA PS First Redeye SFO JFK

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2012, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

UA PS First Redeye SFO JFK

Hi, am I right to have the following expectations for an upcoming redeye SFO JFK in First?
- First class check-in to drop my bag at SFO
- Access to First Class lounge at SFO, better than the RCC.
- Limited food in the lounge including soups and sliders on request.
- No real champagne, in lounge or on-board
- No food onboard
- Drinks onboard
- Amenity kit: toothbrush, eye mask and ear plugs
- tired but comfy cabin and seat
- same lackluster entertainment device
- First Class lounge with showers on arrival

Of course I should not expect someone to take me through security, carry my luggage and drive me to the plane in a Porsche!
Old Jul 5, 2012, 2:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA PP, AA, DL, BA, CX, SPG, HHonors
pretty much i'd say, but given it's red-eye, I think the entertainment device part won't really come into play at all
Old Jul 6, 2012, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Great, thanks!
Old Jul 6, 2012, 1:59 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by af fp

- Limited food in the lounge including soups and sliders on request.
- No real champagne, in lounge or on-board
- No food onboard
- First Class lounge with showers on arrival
I've deleted your correct assumptions and focusing on the incorrect ones:

-Don't think there are sliders...usually some finger foods, sushi. Also FYI, the IFL is in the international terminal so it's a bit of a walk from where your flight will depart from.
-There is real champagne in the IFL..used to be Veuve Cliquot..recently I've read it's something else..but it's definitely champagne..and pretty good quality. No champagne on board though..likely sparkling wine.
-There will be a snack service..likely a sandwich
-There are no showers in the lounge at JFK
Old Jul 6, 2012, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
"Amenity kit: toothbrush, eye mask and ear plugs"

no toothbrush or amenity kit for that matter. Just a basket passed around with eye masks and ear plugs.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
- Amenity kit: toothbrush, eye mask and ear plugs
I agree with the other posters, except IMhO a toothbrush, mask and plugs while they are PART of an amenity kit, on thier own do no make an amenity kit.

Originally Posted by weirdlyndon
no toothbrush
Then what is a "dental kit"? http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...mservices.aspx

Onboard amenities
Complimentary amenities including eye shade, ear plugs and dental kit
Complimentary duvet and pillow for use during your flight
The only lie-flat seat in United First® offered coast-to-coast
Coat hook and additional storage compartments
FWIW, I have only done PS in C, never F.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
I've deleted your correct assumptions and focusing on the incorrect ones:

-Don't think there are sliders...usually some finger foods, sushi. Also FYI, the IFL is in the international terminal so it's a bit of a walk from where your flight will depart from.
-There is real champagne in the IFL..used to be Veuve Cliquot..recently I've read it's something else..but it's definitely champagne..and pretty good quality. No champagne on board though..likely sparkling wine.
-There will be a snack service..likely a sandwich
-There are no showers in the lounge at JFK
I'm assuming the "snack" service will be the typical transcon snack which is the infamous chicken pasta salad and then a pre-arrival warm scone...maybe in a few years when they run out of the chicken pasta salad, a sandwich will appear again....
Old Jul 6, 2012, 2:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
GS Security

And you will have access to the GS security line which actually may be the sole worthwhile difference between C and F on p.s.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
I know this was debated in another thread after 3/3 when it was discovered on the p.s. page. Either way, anything dental related has never come to fruition on p.s. offerings.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 3:25 pm

Programs: UA *G; Delta Diamond; AA EXP; Marriott LT Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Does the GS security line exist for the redeye? I have often flown PS C out of SFO and late at night, the security lines all merged into one line.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 4:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by awc4
Does the GS security line exist for the redeye? I have often flown PS C out of SFO and late at night, the security lines all merged into one line.
They merge for screening, but the GS entrance gets you to the ID checker with no more than 1-2 people in front of you.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA 1MM (and no longer flying much)
Originally Posted by Often1
They merge for screening, but the GS entrance gets you to the ID checker with no more than 1-2 people in front of you.
I think the point was that they shut down the SFO elite line entirely at some point in the day. At least a few months ago that was in the late afternoon (though my recollection may be incorrect). I'm not sure whether they reopen it for the bank of redeyes. (I'd hope so, because that's quite a few pax to get through security).
Old Jul 6, 2012, 5:22 pm
Suspended

Given the redeyes into JFK, there really should be a shower. There certainly is enough room in the JFK Club.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 5:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by endrond
I think the point was that they shut down the SFO elite line entirely at some point in the day. At least a few months ago that was in the late afternoon (though my recollection may be incorrect). I'm not sure whether they reopen it for the bank of redeyes. (I'd hope so, because that's quite a few pax to get through security).
At night, just use the international terminal security line, most people I've ever seen there was about 5. Back when AA was in T3, I'd always use intl G security coming off of BART and take the scenic walk over to the AA gates...

As for flying p.s. F, on the advice of many others, try to find a sucker in C willing to trade seats with you. I've flown in the C seat, pretty darn comfy! I've never flown in the p.s. F seat but I have flown a few times in AA's NGBC seats, which are nearly identical concept wise...
Old Jul 6, 2012, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012
At night, just use the international terminal security line, most people I've ever seen there was about 5. Back when AA was in T3, I'd always use intl G security coming off of BART and take the scenic walk over to the AA gates...

As for flying p.s. F, on the advice of many others, try to find a sucker in C willing to trade seats with you. I've flown in the C seat, pretty darn comfy! I've never flown in the p.s. F seat but I have flown a few times in AA's NGBC seats, which are nearly identical concept wise...

I wouldn't trade an F seat for a C seat. You get more recline, two pillows IIRC, and a quieter cabin. Plus the F seat is more comfortable for sleeping in..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.