Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Questions Regarding the United Club one-time pass {Archive}

Old Feb 16, 2019, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is the archive thread. The active thread is Questions Regarding the United Club one-time pass

Chase in conjunction with UA, as a renewal benefit for certain UA MP-branded Chase credit cards, offer one-time United Club (UC) access passes. {Hyatt also offers similar passes for their top elites.} These passes offer one-time access to the UC (with any airline same day BP) on a space-available basis. No guest privileges. The pass is only for UA operated clubs, cannot be used at non-UA operated lounges.

Note: Due to UC renovations and/or Polaris lounge construction, club capacity at most domestic UA hubs is constricted. Leading to some access restrictions for one-time passes -- especially at peak times.
One-Time Passes can now be redeemed at all ORD club location within capacity constraints. Customers are encouraged to use the clubs in B and F concourses as the C concourse club is currently under partial construction, with limited space.
At the EWR clubs in the C concourse, one-time passes are not being accepted when the clubs are approaching capacity.
For SFO, there is no access near the G / international gates for one-time passes. They are being re-directed to the E/F gate UCs.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need the actual paper one-time pass?
Technically, no. All you need is a picture/scan of the pass number and bar code on the back of the day pass. The lounge agent will manually type in the number or ask you to scan the barcode on the scanner. UA states
A valid mobile or paper United Club one-time pass and boarding pass for same-day travel OR
A valid 15-digit one-time pass number and boarding pass for same-day travel
Can I upload/store the one-time pass in the United app?
Sadly, you cannot upload/store paper passes in the United app. However, as of Summer 2017, all new passes issued by the Chase United Explorer card are now loaded directly into the United app.

Can I use these one-time passes at partner/contract/*A lounges?
No. These one-time passes are only used at actual United Club lounges world-wide. Any lounge identified on this page as being operated by "United Club" are eligible for use with one-time passes.

How many people can enter the United Club with one-time access pass?
One person per pass. Exception - UC policy is all children under 2 are not considered a formal guest.
A one-time pass admits one person, with no guests, to a United Club location. Exception: children under 2 years of age may accompany someone accessing a United Club location with a one-time pass.
Can I use one-time pass at multiple United Clubs on the same day?
No. You must surrender your day pass upon entering the club. If you plan to visit multiple United Clubs on the same day, you will need multiple day passes. Some clubs will allow re-entry and/or use of other UA Clubs at same airport -- inquire at the entry desk (it typically involves a stamp on your boarding pass). However, no way to use the same pass at a different airports.

Is a boarding pass required to use a one-time pass at a United Club?
Yes, a same-day boarding pass is required. It can be with any airline until Nov 1, 2019. "Effective November 1, 2019, United Club customers, including members and their guests, and one-time pass holders will need to provide a same-day boarding pass for travel on United, Star Alliance™ or a contracted partner for entry into all United Club locations."

Are in/out privileges allowed when using the one-time pass?
Technically, no. However, it is not out of the realm of possibilty if you ask the lounge attendant. YMMV, though.

Are minors allowed?
Yes, as long as they are accompanied by another person 21 or older. Remember, one day pass per person (lap child excluded).

Can I be denied entry into the United Club?
Yes. If an United Club is at-capacity, it will no longer sell day passes. It will also deny entry to those with one-time passes initially and other eligible travelers ( UC member, *G, premier cabin,...) could be delayed on entering once capacity reaches local limits.

Are expired one-time passes still usable?
Expired one-time passes can be used for a $25 admission fee, up to 30 days after the expiration date.

Can I give my pass to a family member or friend? How?
Yes. You can provide the physical pass to them. You may also provide them with the pdf version of the pass that Chase sends when your card renews, which they can print or scan from their phone. Finally, you can take a screenshot of the pass in the United App and email/message that to your family member. The pass will remain in your United App until it is used by someone else at a club, so it remains available for your use (unlike a physical pass).

I see these passes available for sell on eBay/Craigslist, ...? Are they valid? Is this safe?
It should be noted UA frowns on the third party trading, selling, or bartering of their coupons. As with any transaction of this type, it's always buyer beware; however, reports of issues are very rare.
The current going rate on eBay is $20-30 each for passes with a lengthy expiration date. Passes that expire in a few weeks can be had in the $10-15 range, sometimes even less as the expiration date creeps closer.

I cancelled my Chase United Explorer card. Are my passes still valid?
No. When you cancel your card, any unused one-time passes will be forfeited from your account--even if you printed out the barcode from the United app for later use. The time between card cancellation to pass invalidation is unknown; however, it is suggested that the passes aren't invalid until they disappear from your UA app. This is now an additional risk one needs to be wary about when buying one-time pass barcodes from eBay/Craigslist.

Entry is also available for $59 (as of 02/2016) at the UC itself or by purchasing within the United mobile app.
Print Wikipost

Questions Regarding the United Club one-time pass {Archive}

Old Jun 4, 2019, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Bitzer
...Is there someplace I can enter the pass numbers to see if they are still valid...? Thanks!
At a United Club counter...
Old Jul 2, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: MARRIOTT TITANIUM / HILTON GOLD / UA SILVER / AMEX PLAT
So if I purchase a United ONE time pass, I take it that I cannot use it at my origin airport and my connecting airport?
Old Jul 2, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: United GS; AA EXP; Marriott Ambassador
Unhappy

Originally Posted by OUTraveling
So if I purchase a United ONE time pass, I take it that I cannot use it at my origin airport and my connecting airport?
Sorry no.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
If you're looking to purchase or use a one-time pass for EWR, I wouldn't bother until further notice.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 2:49 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by OUTraveling
Single-use / one-time entry (although you may be able to move to a different UC in the same airport).

You can sometimes when purchasing a ticket also purchase UC access (bundle) which covers multiple airports for cheaper than multiple one-time passes
Old Jul 3, 2019, 10:10 am

Programs: MARRIOTT TITANIUM / HILTON GOLD / UA SILVER / AMEX PLAT
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Single-use / one-time entry (although you may be able to move to a different UC in the same airport).

You can sometimes when purchasing a ticket also purchase UC access (bundle) which covers multiple airports for cheaper than multiple one-time passes
Thanks, I know it may be heresy but I am I glad I have some travel credit with AA, which allows day use across their network.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 10:06 am

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Gold, Carnival VIFP Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Given current capacity issues would I have any likely problems using a one time pass to access LAX’s UC upon arrival mid day on a Wednesday?
Old Jul 11, 2019, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by aoumd
Given current capacity issues would I have any likely problems using a one time pass to access LAX’s UC upon arrival mid day on a Wednesday?
No problem. LAX doesn't suffer the restrictions some other airports have/had.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: DL PM, SW, Hilton, , UAL PM, AA Gold-skeptic
Chase Explorer cc UAL lounge question

The Explorer card "gifts" 2 UAL lounge passes annually.

Are these usable at partner lounges, or just at UAL lounges? I've a long connection at CDG.

Thanks!

RRZ
Old Jul 15, 2019, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
United Club locations only, unfortunately.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 9:21 pm

Does United club lounge attendants have a record of the members admitted?

Hi, question is as the title. If given an exact time frame, could United club help to locate a member? It was on 5/12/19 around 9:00pm(21:05). I was at the United Club(terminal B)in Houston, TX, which ran out of forks that night for some reason. A gentleman ( in his early fifties)approached me and helped me. Everything happened too fast before I realized what had happened due to my hesitation for the occasion, and he waved goodbye and best wishes. I know this sounds weird, but ever since it is like sleepless in Seattle. I wish I could find him. Is there any way you could help? Thank you.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 10:06 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Welcome to FT!, LingS
Originally Posted by LingS
Does United club lounge attendants have a record of the members admitted?
... I wish I could find him. Is there any way you could help? ..
Yes UA knows but there is zero chance they would give that information (and as a customer, I want UA to respect my privacy).

Just pay it forward.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 8:44 am

Is there a way to find out in advance if the lounges at ewr-C are accepting passes, eg to call the lounge? Especially if its possible that some are and some aren't, would just walk to the one that is. Thanks
Old Jul 24, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by airfly56
Is there a way to find out in advance if the lounges at ewr-C are accepting passes, eg to call the lounge? Especially if its possible that some are and some aren't, would just walk to the one that is. Thanks
Usually they are obligated to accept one-time passes as United sells these themselves. Not sure why they would refuse entry (unless there is some unwritten rule about not admitting Chase or Partner provided passes when the club is full). The only time I have been rejected entry has been at SFO when I was directed to use another lounge when trying to use my Chase-granted pass. The club was full and there was a notice out on the desk. But this is dynamic and no way for a club to determine ahead of time.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by airfly56
I don't know of a way, other then maybe find the UC closest to where you start, and simply ask at the door. Typically if they are not accepting the pass, there is a sign they place out front.

Originally Posted by IADFlyer123
Usually they are obligated to accept one-time passes as United sells these themselves. Not sure why they would refuse entry (unless there is some unwritten rule about not admitting Chase or Partner provided passes when the club is full). The only time I have been rejected entry has been at SFO when I was directed to use another lounge when trying to use my Chase-granted pass. The club was full and there was a notice out on the desk. But this is dynamic and no way for a club to determine ahead of time.
Usually obligated?

But yes, UA can limit access any time for space issues, even to full members (think space/fire occupancy rules/etc).

FWIW, here is UA's "official" position on the pop up C93 club:

New York/Newark United Club pop-up location and one-time passes

A new United Club pop-up location is now open in Terminal C, near Gate C93. This location offers beer and wine, as well as light snack options.We may not be able to accept or sell United Club pop-up location and one-time passes at United Club locations in Terminal C during peak afternoon and evening travel times when these locations are at or near capacity. We will continue to accept one-time passes in our Terminal A United Club location, space permitting, as well as throughout the United Club network.
https://www.united.com/CMS/en-us/tra...es.aspx?POS=US

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.