Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Questions Regarding the United Club one-time pass

Questions Regarding the United Club one-time pass

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 4, 19, 2:15 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: pseudoswede
Wiki Link
Chase in conjunction with UA, as a renewal benefit for certain UA MP-branded Chase credit cards, offer one-time United Club (UC) access passes. {Hyatt also offers similar passes for their top elites.} These passes offer one-time access to the UC (with any airline same day BP) on a space-available basis. No guest privileges. The pass is only for UA operated clubs, cannot be used at non-UA operated lounges.
Note: Club member/one-time pass access changes Nov 1, 2019 (same day BP on UA or partner) BP requirements change to just UA/*A

Note: Due to UC renovations and/or Polaris lounge construction, club capacity at most domestic UA hubs is constricted. Leading to some access restrictions for one-time passes -- especially at peak times.
One-Time Passes can now be redeemed at all ORD club location within capacity constraints. Customers are encouraged to use the clubs in B and F concourses as the C concourse club is currently under partial construction, with limited space.
At the EWR clubs in the C concourse, one-time passes are not being accepted when the clubs are approaching capacity.
For SFO, there is no access near the G / international gates for one-time passes. They are being re-directed to the E/F gate UCs.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need the actual paper one-time pass?
Technically, no. All you need is a picture/scan of the pass number and bar code on the back of the day pass. The lounge agent will manually type in the number or ask you to scan the barcode on the scanner. UA states
A valid mobile or paper United Club one-time pass and boarding pass for same-day travel OR
A valid 15-digit one-time pass number and boarding pass for same-day travel
Can I upload/store the one-time pass in the United app?
Sadly, you cannot upload/store paper passes in the United app. However, as of Summer 2017, all new passes issued by the Chase United Explorer card are now loaded directly into the United app.

Can I use these one-time passes at partner/contract/*A lounges?
No. These one-time passes are only used at actual United Club lounges world-wide. Any lounge identified on this page as being operated by "United Club" are eligible for use with one-time passes.

How many people can enter the United Club with one-time access pass?
One person per pass. Exception - UC policy is all children under 2 are not considered a formal guest.
A one-time pass admits one person, with no guests, to a United Club location. Exception: children under 2 years of age may accompany someone accessing a United Club location with a one-time pass.
Can I use one-time pass at multiple United Clubs on the same day?
No. You must surrender your day pass upon entering the club. If you plan to visit multiple United Clubs on the same day, you will need multiple day passes. Some clubs will allow re-entry and/or use of other UA Clubs at same airport -- inquire at the entry desk (it typically involves a stamp on your boarding pass). However, no way to use the same pass at a different airports.

Is a boarding pass required to use a one-time pass at a United Club?
Yes, a same-day boarding pass is required. It can be with any airline until Nov 1, 2019. "Effective November 1, 2019, United Club customers, including members and their guests, and one-time pass holders will need to provide a same-day boarding pass for travel on United, Star Allianceô or a contracted partner for entry into all United Club locations."

Are in/out privileges allowed when using the one-time pass?
Technically, no. However, it is not out of the realm of possibilty if you ask the lounge attendant. YMMV, though.

Are minors allowed?
Yes, as long as they are accompanied by another person 21 or older. Remember, one day pass per person (lap child excluded).

Can I be denied entry into the United Club?
Yes. If an United Club is at-capacity, it will no longer sell day passes. It will also deny entry to those with one-time passes initially and other eligible travelers ( UC member, *G, premier cabin,...) could be delayed on entering once capacity reaches local limits.

Are expired one-time passes still usable?
Expired one-time passes can be used for 50% off admission, up to 30 days after the expiration date.

Can I give my pass to a family member or friend? How?
Yes. You can provide the physical pass to them. You may also provide them with the pdf version of the pass that Chase sends when your card renews, which they can print or scan from their phone. Finally, you can take a screenshot of the pass in the United App and email/message that to your family member. The pass will remain in your United App until it is used by someone else at a club, so it remains available for your use (unlike a physical pass).

I see these passes available for sell on eBay/Craigslist, ...? Are they valid? Is this safe?
It should be noted UA frowns on the third party trading, selling, or bartering of their coupons. As with any transaction of this type, it's always buyer beware; however, reports of issues are very rare.
The current going rate on eBay is $25-35 each for passes with a lengthy expiration date. Passes that expire in a few weeks can be had in the $15-25 range, sometimes even less as the expiration date approaches.

I cancelled my Chase United Explorer card. Are my passes still valid?
No. When you cancel your card, any unused one-time passes will be forfeited from your account--even if you printed out the barcode from the United app for later use. The time between card cancellation to pass invalidation is unknown; however, it is suggested that the passes aren't invalid until they disappear from your UA app. This is now an additional risk one needs to be wary about when buying one-time pass barcodes from eBay/Craigslist.

Entry is also available for $59 (as of 02/2016) at the UC itself or by purchasing within the United mobile app.

Archive thread: Questions Regarding the United Club one-time pass {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 3, 19, 11:33 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: UA Gold 1.8MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by cblaisd View Post
1. I current have two United Club passes in my iPhone app from my Chase United Explorer card from renewal last May. If I cancel the card, does Chase somehow claw those passes back? ...
Once the card is canceled, the reports (in this thread) are the passes become invalid.

links
Originally Posted by cruisr View Post
You will not be allowed in. Unlike hotel night certs from Chaze, that stay valid even after cancelling the card, the passes disappear from the app and even if printed out, once the UA club dragon scans it, it will say Not Valid.
Originally Posted by 9gromit9 View Post
I tried this yesterday, and can confirm that the emailed one-time codes associated with cancelled cards do not work.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 3, 19 at 11:40 pm Reason: links
Old Feb 4, 19, 12:59 am

I had one pass left, downgraded my card to the no-fee one (last year), and the pass is still showing up as active in my United account online. I haven't tried using the pass yet though.
Old Feb 4, 19, 8:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I have a one-time pass from a canceled card (I currently have no UA Chase cards open), and it still shows up in my app. I was expecting it to go away (since it's from the year I never paid for) but given that every source claims I have a one-time pass I would be pretty upset if it turned out not to work.
Old Feb 10, 19, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA
Once you use your pass it is supposed to disappear from the phone app right? I got 2 from the mileageplus card, used one last week in PHL, but my app still shows 2 passes.
Old Feb 10, 19, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MRP Platinum, Marriott Vacation Club Chairman, SPG Platinum, Cunard Platinum,
I’ll bet this has been asked and answered, but here goes... I need two UA Club passes. Since all the passes are now in our one pass accounts, on my iPhone, then how can I use two that my friend has in her account and won’t be needing.

I can’t figure out if this is possible. But if it IS possible— how do we do this? Can’t my friend simply print out her passes and give them to me? Thanks so much!
Old Feb 10, 19, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG; Marriott Plat Premier; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Originally Posted by icydog View Post
I canít figure out if this is possible. But if it IS possibleó how do we do this? Canít my friend simply print out her passes and give them to me? Thanks so much!
Yes, or even easier, she can take a screenshot of the digital passes and email to you for use.
Old Feb 11, 19, 12:52 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Alaska Mileage Plan, Amtrak Guest Rewards
I was checking Loungebuddy and it said that one of the United Clubs in ORD T1 didn't accept day passes. Is that true? And if it is, I suppose that means the passes from my MP Explorer card would be no good there?
Old Feb 11, 19, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Plat Premier (+AMB); Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by aresef View Post
I was checking Loungebuddy and it said that one of the United Clubs in ORD T1 didn't accept day passes. Is that true? And if it is, I suppose that means the passes from my MP Explorer card would be no good there?
There is one small club that is in the C gates, which may still be restricting the use of day passes...I haven't been over there lately.

But there are numerous clubs at ORD that accept them. I actually prefer the club in Terminal 2 (F gates).
Old Feb 11, 19, 1:40 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Alaska Mileage Plan, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by goodeats21 View Post
There is one small club that is in the C gates, which may still be restricting the use of day passes...I haven't been over there lately.

But there are numerous clubs at ORD that accept them. I actually prefer the club in Terminal 2 (F gates).
OK, cool. I believe my flight is gonna be out of B, those are the ones I was checking so I guess I'm good.
Old Feb 11, 19, 2:12 pm

OK, cool. I believe my flight is gonna be out of B, those are the ones I was checking so I guess I'm good.
I used a one time use day pass at the B6 club recently with no problem. You should be good, though there is always the chance that it reaches capacity.
Old Feb 11, 19, 2:44 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Yes, even if your flight leaves from Terminal C, go to the B6 Club.

The Terminal C club is not good at all. There's no hot food. Only wine and beer for the adult beverages. And in all my boarding passes when I have a transfer through ORD, UA asks me not to go to the UC at Terminal C due to the potential of overcrowding as it's small.
_kurt likes this.
Old Feb 18, 19, 10:51 am
RNE

Programs: UA Electrum, Crown&Anchor Diamond, CaptainsCircle Platinum
Originally Posted by Wx4caster View Post
The HNL club was due for a refresh this year- I think it was even mentioned in upcoming United Club enhancements type marketing materials back in 2016 - but it is now postponed indefinitely due to focusing all available resources on Polaris lounges.
The HNL club is a dreary disappointment made more so by the long trudge to get there. If your pass is about to expire then OK. Otherwise save it for another club. ANY other.

RNE
Co-Agitator
FlyerTalk
Old Feb 18, 19, 10:59 am

Programs: UA 1K3MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RNE View Post
The HNL club is a dreary disappointment made more so by the long trudge to get there. If your pass is about to expire then OK. Otherwise save it for another club. ANY other.
Huh? It is spacious - bright (in the day) - overlooks the tarmac - and the people are friendly - what else are people looking for - would you rather sit in the cramped boarding area or the tiny pizza place and pay for drinks? I don't get the long "trudge" remark, you have to "trudge" anyway as that is where the UA gates are at unless you get the very rare flight that departs just outside TSA......
cblaisd, djmp and tstauck like this.
Old Feb 23, 19, 11:08 am

Question United Club one-day pass while flying Lufthansa economy

Thanks for reading. I did a search but wasn't able to find an answer to this.

If I am flying Lufthansa from ORD Terminal 1 (LH equipment on LH ticketed fare) am I eligible to purchase a one-time pass to access the United Club?
Old Feb 23, 19, 11:11 am
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: UA Gold 1.8MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by TankerT View Post
If I am flying Lufthansa from ORD Terminal 1 (LH equipment on LH ticketed fare) am I eligible to purchase a one-time pass to access the United Club?
Yes
Be aware there are at times limit access at ORD UCs due to crowding and those with passes may not be permitted access.

You just need a departure BP (and starting 1 November 2019, it needs to be *A)
Club member/one-time pass access changes Nov 1, 2019 (same day BP on UA or partner)

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 23, 19 at 7:03 pm Reason: ORD UC crowding

Search this Thread