Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Biggest Whopper you've heard from a UA Pilot, Flight Attendant, Gate or Ticket Agent?

Biggest Whopper you've heard from a UA Pilot, Flight Attendant, Gate or Ticket Agent?

Old Jun 6, 16, 9:29 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Boo_Radley View Post
Checking in for my 6 AM SEA-ORD at 730 PM the previous day at SEA, after connecting off a BR flight:...
UA explicitly states it will not check bags for overnight or 13 hour connections. Additionally UA states that it will not accept bags more then 4 hours prior to a flight. Agent was quite correct.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...solidated.html
and
Check-in guidelines
For flights within the U.S., as well as most international flights, baggage will generally not be accepted for check-in more than four hours before scheduled flight departure, although this policy varies by airport and based on daily check-in counter hours.
Old Jun 6, 16, 10:27 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Delta Silver
Small but amusing whopper from a GA the other day "The plane has just touched down and will be arriving at he gate shortly."

Reason- this was at VPS, where you usually land on the north/south runway, taxi the length of the main Eglin AFB runway (long enough to land and take off a 747 with the Space Shuttle on the back) and then taxi another mile or two parallel to a state highway before you finally get to the civilian air terminal. It's only 'momentarily' in the sense of yeah, it's slightly less time than a furthest polder landing at AMS or something and you didn't actually do wheels down at the Florida-Albama line like it seemed.
Old Jun 7, 16, 7:29 am

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Small but amusing whopper from a GA the other day "The plane has just touched down and will be arriving at he gate shortly."
I don't think that the definition of 'shortly' is sufficiently precise to classify that announcement even as wrong, nevermind a willful deception, i.e. whopper (a gross or blatant lie).
Old Jun 11, 16, 7:38 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Old Jun 11, 16, 8:11 am

Programs: UA GS 1.4MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by jvphoto View Post
:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d
Old Jun 11, 16, 8:14 am
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Platinum. United Silver. HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by JVPhoto View Post
Don't know about the food but United does retain Doug Frost as a master sommelier.
Old Jun 11, 16, 8:17 am

Programs: UA GS 1.25MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
Originally Posted by kklems View Post
Don't know about the food but United does retain Doug Frost as a master sommelier.
They may have a marketing relationship.. but based on the wine in BF/GF flights I've flown.. someone isn't doing their job or know what their doing.
Old Jun 11, 16, 9:38 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by NH_Clark View Post
.. someone isn't doing their job or know what their doing.
Or is constrained by cost.
Old Jun 11, 16, 9:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG75K; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Originally Posted by EmailKid View Post
You can only do so much for <$10 per bottle. I'm surprised UA can find someone willing to lend their name to that "program."
Old Jun 11, 16, 11:41 am

Programs: UA&Mariott Plat Prem.
Not an big whopper IMO but one time..........

Gate agent announces on PA delay is due to MX issues and will further advise what will happen next.

PAX approaches gate agent: "Are we going to be compensated?"
Gate Agent: "No because it's due to weather."
Old Jun 11, 16, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.25MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
Originally Posted by EmailKid View Post
If that's the mitigating factor then doesn't bode well for the Polaris soft product.
Old Jun 11, 16, 12:52 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by NH_Clark View Post
If that's the mitigating factor then doesn't bode well for the Polaris soft product.
Yup, there's that

No mention of happy FAs either. Though when I was still flying regularly last year haven't run into as many unhappy ones as in last few years. Hopefully that's a nod to Oscar and anticipation of better things to come.
Old Jun 11, 16, 1:10 pm

Programs: Northwest WorldPerks, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Just remembered this one from a flight a couple months ago. Sitting in F on a 753, my plug worked but neighbor's power plug didn't. Neighbor mentioned it to FA, who then told him there wasn't enough power capacity for all the seats on the plane, so power availability was rotated throughout the flight.
Old Jun 11, 16, 2:36 pm

Programs: MP - 1K, Hyatt - Platt, SPG - Gold
Originally Posted by rmadisonwi View Post
Just remembered this one from a flight a couple months ago. Sitting in F on a 753, my plug worked but neighbor's power plug didn't. Neighbor mentioned it to FA, who then told him there wasn't enough power capacity for all the seats on the plane, so power availability was rotated throughout the flight.
I have actually heard this on more than one occasion. I wonder if there is truth to it...
Old Jun 11, 16, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA GS/MM, MR PPE/LTG, ‎TSA Pre✓, NEXUS, APEC BTC, UKBF RT, CLEAR, DXB E-GATE
Originally Posted by rmadisonwi View Post
For sure, didn't you all know there is a little imp on a wheel that rotates the power alternator in the coat closet?

Search this Thread