Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Biggest Whopper you've heard from a UA Pilot, Flight Attendant, Gate or Ticket Agent?

Biggest Whopper you've heard from a UA Pilot, Flight Attendant, Gate or Ticket Agent?

Old Jan 19, 16, 9:51 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by mkr View Post
You got it.
Having been in that situation many times, I thought it was obvious

Last edited by EmailKid; Feb 14, 16 at 10:39 am Reason: Many times, not time ... missing S
Old Jan 24, 16, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA Plat, IHG Spire
Upon landing at O'Hare from Denver: "On behalf of your JFK (pause) based crew, welcome to Chicago."

More of an oops? Wouldn't they now be Newark based?
Old Jan 24, 16, 5:59 pm

Programs: UA PP, AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott LTPP, Avis President's Club
SFO Gate Agent

"Ladies and gentlemen traveling on United 768 with service to Boston, the birthplace of America's freedom, we are still waiting on some flight attendants to show up"
Old Jan 24, 16, 7:07 pm
formerly FrequentFlyKid

Programs: UA Premier 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis Preferred, Hertz Gold Plus
SFO customer service counter agent told me that United doesn't give free upgrades to a Premier member companion. Ugh.
Old Jan 24, 16, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JHake10 View Post
SFO Gate Agent

"Ladies and gentlemen traveling on United 768 with service to Boston, the birthplace of America's freedom, we are still waiting on some flight attendants to show up"
Well, Boston is about as close as you can get on UA to Concord or Lexington.
Old Jan 25, 16, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by Baze View Post
Well, Boston is about as close as you can get on UA to Concord or Lexington.
Likely a reference to the Boston Tea Party, viewed by some as the start of the American Revolution.

While the first battles were in Lexington and Concord, I don't consider this a whopper.

Now the comment about waiting for some GAs to show up is funny.
Old Jan 25, 16, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by atword View Post
Upon landing at O'Hare from Denver: "On behalf of your JFK (pause) based crew, welcome to Chicago."

More of an oops? Wouldn't they now be Newark based?
JFK might still be what the domicile is called for sUA crews based there.
Old Jan 25, 16, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AF Club 2000, US/AA 1.03MM
Today I heard: "We reduced our capacity out of Ontario (ONT) because the airport can't handle larger aircraft"

Yet, UPS uses ONT as it's West Coast Hub.
Old Jan 25, 16, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fgirard View Post
Today I heard: "We reduced our capacity out of Ontario (ONT) because the airport can't handle larger aircraft"

Yet, UPS uses ONT as it's West Coast Hub.
Can the terminals handle larger aircraft? Just because the runways can doesn't mean the terminals/gates can. And what do they mean by larger aircraft? 777 size or 737 size? But it does sound like an excuse.
Old Jan 25, 16, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AF Club 2000, US/AA 1.03MM
Can the terminals handle larger aircraft? Just because the runways can doesn't mean the terminals/gates can. And what do they mean by larger aircraft? 777 size or 737 size? But it does sound like an excuse.
737 size, I had wondered aloud when on the phone with the agent to book ONT-IAH-MOB and joked about the easy upgrade when the route was serviced by a 737-800/-700
Old Jan 25, 16, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Flying whoever is most convenient
Of course it's an excuse. UA used to fly 757s there. Many times a day. WN flies 737s there. From many places.
Old Jan 25, 16, 7:04 pm

ONT has a runway longer than the longest at LAX. 737s seem to be no problem for WN and DL and AA also fly mainline. Once the 40 new 73Gs arrive maybe, just maybe, you'll get mainline back.
Old Feb 14, 16, 8:26 am

Programs: UA PP, AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott LTPP, Avis President's Club
"Ladies and gentlemen welcome to United 768 to Boston, the greatest city in the world. We will begin with preboarding followed by group 1, which has a special lane. Then group 2, which has its own special lane. Then followed by group 3-5, which aren't as special and share a lane. Please board only when you're group as called as the scanner will shock you otherwise."

"Also, happy valentines day everybody. I always forget about this holiday as I'm forever alone"
Old Feb 14, 16, 10:46 am
S.R

Programs: UA 1K, EK Gold
"Ladies and gentlemen welcome to United 768 to Boston, the greatest city in the world. We will begin with preboarding followed by group 1, which has a special lane. Then group 2, which has its own special lane. Then followed by group 3-5, which aren't as special and share a lane. Please board only when you're group as called as the scanner will shock you otherwise."

"Also, happy valentines day everybody. I always forget about this holiday as I'm forever alone"
LOL love it
Old Feb 14, 16, 10:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG75K; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Originally Posted by atword View Post
Once the 40 new 73Gs arrive maybe, just maybe, you'll get mainline back.
Doubt it. ONT is dying as a passenger terminal. And UA has basically ceded bay area to socal - everything except for SFO-LAX - to WN. Won't be surprised to see UA pack it up entirely at ONT.

Search this Thread