Wiki Posts
Search

What's you favorite United Club?

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2012, 11:58 pm
uwr

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K
#1 IAH E terminal
I've only been there twice, but it's my favorite, with friendly staff, nice decor and clean environs, and an open feeling, especially on the 4th floor. I flew in from GIG this morning and went there to use the shower room. The shower room was clean (though not luxurious like the new LH Senator lounge at FRA), but they have a complimentary clothes pressing service.

My original flight had me going through IAD, but I was rebooked to IAH because of IRROPS. IAH is far better than IAD in all aspects, especially for international arrivals.

#2 SEA North terminal
Friendly staff, my home UC

#3 SFO terminal 3
The lobby area has a unique design and decor, and the club has a large number of windows. It can get overcrowded and noisy, and the furniture is a bit worn (although the back rooms are quieter and newer). I used to live in SF, and I often visited the UC in terminal 3.

Last edited by uwr; May 8, 2012 at 11:24 am Reason: modified comments about SFO after I remembered an important event (in post #59)
Old May 8, 2012, 6:02 am

Programs: UA GS, HH Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Narita
Old May 8, 2012, 6:33 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
SFO IFL. Least favorite: IAD IFL (worse than any regular United Club at IAD).

Originally Posted by Ionosphere
Narita
The question concerns domestic UA lounges, so Narita does not qualify.

Last edited by iluv2fly; May 8, 2012 at 6:55 am Reason: merge
Old May 8, 2012, 8:52 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
EWR C3. I see only one other person has mentioned this one, and I can understand why many wouldn't list it.
But it's the first club I ever used, and so there is a nostalgic component for me.
It does get crowded, but I love to stand and watch people eating at the food court.
I fully acknowledge that I am strange...
Old May 8, 2012, 9:08 am

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Originally Posted by Ionosphere
Narita
When compared with a state-side RCC, the NRT RCC is one of the best.

Last edited by iluv2fly; May 8, 2012 at 12:09 pm Reason: off-topic
Old May 8, 2012, 9:25 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Premier 1K, Marriott Platinum, National Execute Elite
SAT, my home club and they know me by name
Old May 8, 2012, 9:42 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Silver. Former AA gold. UA MP and DL Plat AMEX cardholder
Originally Posted by greathustle
I don't think there are many of us who hold in our memory a good catalog of all the UCs... so this is probably just a listing of clubs we each frequent often. But still...

- EWR C3, only because I have taken many desperately needed showers there, rolling off redeyes and on the way to work. Also, while it gets crowded on Thursday afternoons (like every hub club) I like the long bar area and the bartenders are great. Really great
- SFO T3. I use it as an arrivals lounge, for a couple quick drinks on the way home on a Thursday or Friday night. Never too crowded then, and a generally pleasant crowd to chat with
- CLE. Friendly PMCO staff who apologize every time for not being able to scan me in easily from my MP card. Large, never very crowded, and easy enough to bum an hour of sleep before whatever my connection is off the SFO-CLE redeye
- LAX. Not that great but i like the large bar area, including the high tables when there are no seats at the bar, and the fact that the bartenders never give me a hard time when i ask the TV channel be changed to some other game

How about bad ones?
- ATL. Oh God I feel bad even going to take a leak, 1 toilet for all the men and women???
- JFK. What a sad tired prelude to a p.s. flight...
- DEN. All of them. Just buy some new unstained furniture please
No real favorite at this time. I'd like to see LAS, AUS, SAT, SFO, IAH based on what users are saying.

I was at the EWR C-3 club 2 weeks ago and the Russian bar tender cut me off because I was mixing too much. That wench! :-) Plus it gets very crowded. They should have made it larger when they had the chance.

I personally like EWR C-1 more. Love that late 1980s feel and the staff are much better. It's all about the vaulted ceilings.

No issues with JFK UC. Great runway views, a little dated, but still large and quiet. Good staff.

DCA is probably some of the most unique. Haven't been in many, many years

ORD has some impressive ones, surprised not much love on this thread so far.

What about the FLL club? Seems like it's really nice based off photos.
Old May 8, 2012, 9:51 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
SEA: Even though there are no windows it is like a secret under the stairs, and the agents are great.
ORD: C16. My favorite for plane spotting.
SFO: The one near the food court. Good space, nice agents. Always clean

I have yet to visit my home UC SAN.......I should do that. Any FTer want to guest me in?
Old May 8, 2012, 10:02 am

Programs: UA PG, Hyatt Plat, SPG, AAadvantage
LAX - PMUA RCC is a great space space. I love the window seats by the bar. PMCO PC is super cozy and not usually overcrowded. Also, I know everyone there.

EWR/IAH - For the showers on INT arrivals and the big windows.

SFO - by the food court for the decor.
Old May 8, 2012, 10:09 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
My vote would have to be NRT.

But having flown NH and TG lately, it's like an apples to oranges comparison in many ways. Best of UA is mid to sub par compared to those carriers.

Looking forward to seeing he HKG UA club though sometime, seems some feel it tops NRT.

BTW, the UA IFL @ NRT is actually quite nice.
Old May 8, 2012, 10:16 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador & LT Titanium, UA Silver, AA PLT
I'm a big fan of the free self-serve beer machine at NRT. The showers there are a nice feature, but pretty ugly, imho.

There's a really nice, brand spanking new lounge at one of the DC area airports. It's downstairs in one of the terminals. I don't remember which one this is.
Old May 8, 2012, 11:21 am
uwr

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K
Originally Posted by mallodi
LAX - PMUA RCC is a great space space. I love the window seats by the bar. PMCO PC is super cozy and not usually overcrowded. Also, I know everyone there.

EWR/IAH - For the showers on INT arrivals and the big windows.

SFO - by the food court for the decor.
Regarding the UC at SFO terminal 3, there is an event that makes it memorable for me.

It is the first airline lounge I ever visited, in the fall of 2001. The security lines after 9/11 were huge, and one of my colleagues saw me in line and waited for me, and he took me into the club as his guest. I was young and impressionable and happy to visit the RCC.

My colleague (in his mid 50s) had pancreatic cancer and passed away late last year, exactly 10 years after I went to the RCC with him. He was always friendly and upbeat, and I miss him, and the RCC gives me nostalgic memories.

Last edited by uwr; May 8, 2012 at 11:26 am
Old May 8, 2012, 11:25 am

I will also vote for DCA at gate 11. The art deco look with a great view of the runway makes the time fly.

Also Pam and Joe are class acts.^^^
Old May 8, 2012, 11:25 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Having visited AUS for the first time last Saturday, I can see why so many others like the club and the people who work there. ^

As long as we are not talking about the "club" in the F concourse of ORD, I'm ok with all of the domestic clubs that I've visited. HNL will also have a special place in my heart, for obvious reasons.
Old May 8, 2012, 11:31 am
ctp

Programs: UA-GS, HH-D, MR-P, Hz-PC
Originally Posted by newbiztraveler
I'm a big fan of the free self-serve beer machine at NRT. The showers there are a nice feature, but pretty ugly, imho.

There's a really nice, brand spanking new lounge at one of the DC area airports. It's downstairs in one of the terminals. I don't remember which one this is.
For IAD - I'm not sure how new they are, but the UC by D8 is downstairs and fairly nice. The UC in the center of C (right up from the train) seems nice, but I've seen it crowded.

Overall IAD is just sad for a UA "hub". The non-UA terminal, B, is very nice with great food. The C, and D terminals (UA) are all run down, shabby, wth so/so food. The A terminal (UAEX) is so/so, but good food (and no UC...).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.