Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page > United Airlines Award/Premiere Accelerator Rates [2012]

United Airlines Award/Premiere Accelerator Rates [2012]

Old Jul 29, 12, 10:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA peon
Can these purchased PQMs allow one to qualify for 1K?
Old Jul 29, 12, 11:04 am

Programs: UA, 1K
PQMs price depends on your year-to-date miles?

Hi All

Seems that PQMs are being priced according to level & year-to-date mileage.
2 identical itineraries and booking codes:

Myself: 1K, 95K PQM so far, will go over 100K with this trip: offered 12K PQMs at $1320 (0.11 c/PQM)

Companion: 1K, 66 K PQM so far, will reach 75 PQM with this trip: offered 12K PQMs at $1020 (0.085 c/PQM)

Interesting: one would think that PQMs would be more valuable to someone with less ytd PQM than to someone that does not need them to reach the next level and priced accordingly. It seems that the pricing scheme is backwards?

Safe flying to all
Old Jul 29, 12, 11:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, UA 1 MM
Originally Posted by mdobbins View Post
My offers are going in the opposite direction. All three itineraries (domestic) in October and November are at 0.11 for Premiere Accelerator. The RDMs are 0.025.
How do you check the PQM prices? I thought that we had to purchase RDM first before getting to PQM option. Thanks.
Old Jul 29, 12, 11:19 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM - *Gold
Originally Posted by Michael D View Post
Can these purchased PQMs allow one to qualify for 1K?
No. Only up to Prem Plat.

EmailKid
Old Jul 29, 12, 11:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA peon
Originally Posted by uyflyer View Post
Hi All

Seems that PQMs are being priced according to level & year-to-date mileage.
2 identical itineraries and booking codes:

Myself: 1K, 95K PQM so far, will go over 100K with this trip: offered 12K PQMs at $1320 (0.11 c/PQM)

Companion: 1K, 66 K PQM so far, will reach 75 PQM with this trip: offered 12K PQMs at $1020 (0.085 c/PQM)

Interesting: one would think that PQMs would be more valuable to someone with less ytd PQM than to someone that does not need them to reach the next level and priced accordingly. It seems that the pricing scheme is backwards?

Safe flying to all
Someone with less PQM has more PQMs to potentially buy. If they ask the question 'how much will it cost to buy up to 1k' and the price at the cost of the first bunch is too high then they may not buy the first bunch. ??

Originally Posted by EmailKid View Post

EmailKid
I just got off the phone and MP said that the PQMs purchased on line will count toward 1K.

FlexELite (spelling) miles based on credit card spending will only count up to Premier Platinum.

If you had 5k FlexELite miles, 50k BIS PQM and 20k purchased online PQM you would be Premier Platinum. To obtain 1K you would have to fly/buy online 30k more PQM miles.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jul 29, 12 at 3:25 pm Reason: merge
Old Jul 29, 12, 11:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, TK Elite, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flyer_south View Post
How do you check the PQM prices? I thought that we had to purchase RDM first before getting to PQM option. Thanks.
You don't have to actually purchase RDM. PQM price will appear right after checking the RDM box.

Originally Posted by EmailKid View Post
I might be wrong, but I think that's the case only for Flexible EQMs from old CO Presidential Plus card spend. You should still be able to reach 1K by Premier Accelerator.
Old Jul 29, 12, 1:46 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM - *Gold
Originally Posted by MtRoot View Post
I might be wrong, but I think that's the case only for Flexible EQMs from old CO Presidential Plus card spend. You should still be able to reach 1K by Premier Accelerator.
I just got off the phone and MP said that the PQMs purchased on line will count toward 1K.

FlexELite (spelling) miles based on credit card spending will only count up to Premier Platinum.
OK, I stand corrected

EmailKid
Old Jul 29, 12, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, HH: Diamond
Originally Posted by lexdevil View Post
I'm getting $.081 per mile combined RDM and PQM on an international itinerary at the moment. A substantial improvement. I'd bite, but I only need half the miles they're trying to sell me. Will probably wait until the return flight when the miles offered will drop.
This is consistent with what I've been getting. Here's the data for all my forthcoming booked trips (excepting one where I did the buy-up already and thus can't get newer data).

Old Jul 29, 12, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA, 1K
Someone with less PQM has more PQMs to potentially buy. If they ask the question 'how much will it cost to buy up to 1k' and the price at the cost of the first bunch is too high then they may not buy the first bunch. ??
I see your point. Get people to buy the first installment at a lower price and then hit them hard for the last bit? Will certainly maximize both earnings and people's ill-will. It certainly did not endear UA to me to find out that different people are charged different prices and the "more you fly the more you are charged". It is irrelevant, since I am trying to delay crossing 100K and SWU postings, not accelerate it, but I will be less likely to cut UA some slack next time my flight is delayed for 4+ hrs due to crew or MX issues.

Here is an idea to UA: how about offering people an "award de-accelerator"?. So that SWUs will post on Jan 1 as before?

(Shh..don't give this crew any bright ideas!)

Happy travels to all
Old Jul 29, 12, 3:24 pm
RNE

Programs: UA:Ag Crown&Anchor:Diamond CaptainsCircle:Pt Marriott:Gold IHG:Spire
Originally Posted by uyflyer View Post

My case supports your theory. I need 98,938 PQMs to make 1K and I can buy them at (are you sitting down?) six cents per!

Details:
Domestic itinerary in December
RDMs: $0.03
PQMs: $0.06

RNE, I win again!
Old Jul 29, 12, 6:46 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, Starwood Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by 5khours View Post
What kind of rates are people getting on the RDM?
On all my paid itineraries I'm seeing 2.1 c/m for RDMs + 7.5 c/m for PQMs. Tempting, but I am not sure about my travel for the rest of the year and don't want to pay for miles I'd earn anyhow.

I have one award itinerary where the prices are almost triple.

I am seeing no difference in prices for US, TATL, or TRANSPAC.

I'm in at 5 c/m for PQMs.
Old Jul 29, 12, 6:57 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1.7MM, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
As reported earlier by others, once I punch the purchase button, I get a different offer (always 11 cpm - RDMs+PQMs). Is anyone else seeing that?

Originally Posted by RNE View Post
My case supports your theory. I need 98,938 PQMs to make 1K and I can buy them at (are you sitting down?) six cents per!

Details:
Domestic itinerary in December
RDMs: $0.03
PQMs: $0.06

RNE, I win again!
I think based on the common methods of reporting in this thread your purchase rate is 9 cpms (for RDMs+PQMs)

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 29, 12 at 7:07 pm Reason: multi-quote
Old Jul 29, 12, 8:24 pm
RNE

Programs: UA:Ag Crown&Anchor:Diamond CaptainsCircle:Pt Marriott:Gold IHG:Spire
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
I think based on the common methods of reporting in this thread your purchase rate is 9 cpms (for RDMs+PQMs)
Quite correct. It's a package deal; one has to buy the RDMs to get the PQMs.
Old Jul 29, 12, 10:46 pm

Programs: CX DM; TK Gold; AB Gold
Premier Accelerator miles

Sorry guys, not sure whether others had asked this before but much appreciate if you can answer here again.

I had booked a flight from HKG to SFO in UA and there appears the premier accelerator miles and Award Accelerator miles purchase options.

Previously, i paid for the Award Accelerator miles and it will be credited instantly and even u subsquently cancel the trip and didn't fly, the miles u purchased will still be there.

My question is how about the Premier Accelerator miles? when will it be credited to reflect my MP status? Do I need to fly actually??

Thanks so much!
Old Jul 29, 12, 10:52 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1.7MM, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by cxlover View Post
My question is how about the Premier Accelerator miles? when will it be credited to reflect my MP status? Do I need to fly actually?? ...
PQMs will be creditted in a few hours and you do not need to fly

You will probably find this thread helpful.

Search this Thread