1)Yes, if you are not an EU citizen
2)Yes, the arrivals lounge, if it's open and you are on a paid ticket
3)They are not meant to
4)Probably but that's a huge question.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
2)Yes, the arrivals lounge, if it's open and you are on a paid ticket
I think we're beyond the era where paid ticket matters.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 12:49 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Our Fast Track pass worked great. One person in line before us. Zipped through and quick arrival of bags. No wait at UA Arrivals for shower!
Old Mar 15, 2016, 2:38 pm

Programs: NEXUS, UA Club
Question about LHR fast track

Hey everyone. I have a question for the experts about LHR (I haven't been there in years). I will be flying EWR-LHR-BKK (F on UA and J on TG). I have quite a long layover in LHR so I will be going out to explore the city. When I return to LHR from my adventures, what is required to gain access to fast track for security/immigration, etc? Is the TG boarding pass sufficient or do I need an invite (in which case would I get this from UA when I check in at EWR even though I'm continuing with TG, or can I get one at the arrivals lounge before I head into the city?). I tried to do some research online and it seems that a boarding pass in J should be sufficient, but I just wanted to confirm this. Thanks for your help!
Old Mar 15, 2016, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA LT Plat, 2.5mm, Hilton LTD, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Whatever
Originally Posted by Chiro1979
Hey everyone. I have a question for the experts about LHR (I haven't been there in years). I will be flying EWR-LHR-BKK (F on UA and J on TG). I have quite a long layover in LHR so I will be going out to explore the city. When I return to LHR from my adventures, what is required to gain access to fast track for security/immigration, etc? Is the TG boarding pass sufficient or do I need an invite (in which case would I get this from UA when I check in at EWR even though I'm continuing with TG, or can I get one at the arrivals lounge before I head into the city?). I tried to do some research online and it seems that a boarding pass in J should be sufficient, but I just wanted to confirm this. Thanks for your help!
I came through Terminal 2 yesterday and the sign says it's open to First and Business class passengers. Your BP should be fine, mine was.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 3:13 pm

Programs: NEXUS, UA Club
Awesome. Thanks!! Just wanted to make sure because I didn't want to wait forever in line if I don't need to!!
Old Mar 16, 2016, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite (Lifetime Platinum), HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Chiro1979
You need an invite (which you'll get on board in F) to get into the Fast Track lane upon ARRIVAL (i.e., at immigration). You DO NOT need a business/first ticket to get into that lane at immigration. To get into the Fast Track security lane for DEPARTURES, you just need your boarding pass (one indicating that you are either in a premium cabin or *G).

As a side note, when you arrive at LHR, if you have any inkling that you might be flying through/to LHR again, I'd suggest that before you jump into the Fast Track lane at immigration, that you assess the length of the Fast Track/non-Fast Track queues. Sometimes, if the non-Fast Track queue is of reasonable length (e.g., 2 or 3 dozen people), I like to hold onto my Fast Track invitation for a future trip when I might not be able to upgrade to C. Sometimes, there's only one agent working the Fast Track queue, versus several working the non-Fast Track queue.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL, AA, AS
Fast Track at LHR?

Does UA still give out Fast Track cards for flights arriving at LHR?

We flew from SFO to LHR in business class 2 weeks ago but they did not hand out Fast Track cards during the flight.

When we deplaned-- the Immigration Line was about an hour long whereas the Fast Track was only 5 people long.

Are other UA passengers getting Fast Track cards if they fly Business or First?

Or could we have gone into directly into the Fast Track Lane with our boarding cards showing our Business class seating?
Old Jul 4, 2016, 6:34 pm

Programs: Former 1K turned UA Kettle
Originally Posted by sfonorth

We flew from SFO to LHR in business class 2 weeks ago but they did not hand out Fast Track cards during the flight.

When we deplaned-- the Immigration Line was about an hour long whereas the Fast Track was only 5 people long.

Or could we have gone into directly into the Fast Track Lane with our boarding cards showing our Business class seating?
As of last week they were. Wife and I got fast track from IAH-LHR seated in J
Old Jul 4, 2016, 7:01 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by sfonorth

I was in F from ORD to LHR and they passed them out. More importantly, I asked for an extra one for my friend in Y. I gladly received one.

I believe (as you could do in the past) you can show them your Business BP and they will let you in line.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA 1k (12 year fallen GS) 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
I was in F from ORD to LHR and they passed them out. More importantly, I asked for an extra one for my friend in Y. I gladly received one.

I believe (as you could do in the past) you can show them your Business BP and they will let you in line.
All true - I'm part of the UK trusted traveler program which uses the e-gates - even faster - and if you have GE you can get the UK's equivalent of GE and save your bloody passport pages...
Old Jul 4, 2016, 7:38 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
All true - I'm part of the UK trusted traveler program which uses the e-gates - even faster - and if you have GE you can get the UK's equivalent of GE and save your bloody passport pages...
The UK registered traveler program doesn't require GE membership.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA 1k (12 year fallen GS) 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by televisor
Great - my email invitation said it was because I was part of the US GE program....
Old Jul 5, 2016, 6:20 am

Programs: UA 1KMM
Originally Posted by televisor
But it does require 100 quid per year, which converts to 700ish/5 years for the GE equivalent. Seems steep to me.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 6:26 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by ryman554
But it does require 100 quid per year, which converts to 700ish/5 years for the GE equivalent. Seems steep to me.
I think it is actually 50 per year after the initial 70 for the first.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.