Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO-PVG

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2012, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

SFO-PVG

On the schedule, SFO-PVG is now a 744 instead of 777. Are these the "old" 747s (with a single movie screen in coach)?
Old May 3, 2012, 5:55 pm

All 744s have the "old" IFE in Y with the large screens
Old May 3, 2012, 6:12 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
747s bring new meaning to "Senioritis"

Originally Posted by L Dude 7
On the schedule, SFO-PVG is now a 744 instead of 777. Are these the "old" 747s (with a single movie screen in coach)?
No, these are the very old 747s with the single screen in coach. They have been updated to an LCD though (no longer a projector, with the psychedlic colors caused by misaligned lenses).

The poor IFE is really the least of the issues with the old 747s, at least in the modern era of iPads and other personal entertainment devices. The seats are old and worn out, the carpets and walls remind you of that hotel you stayed in where you wished you'd looked at Tripadvisor.com first, and it's the stingiest E+ in the fleet. And remember Senioritis back in high school? Where you kind of stopped really caring about how you did in school because you'd already been accepted into college or were simply burned out? Some would say it takes on new meaning with the cabin crew of UA international flights (although quite truthfully, I've not seen much of an issue).

The only advantage to the 747 is that it's a tad faster than the other planes out there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.