Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything you want to know about 737-900 (739)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Everything you want to know about 737-900 (739)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2018, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by ADeutsch
Thanks. So which is the better seat? 12AB or 7EF in Econ plus? I don't care about the bathroom but if there is a small cut out for a brief case and backpack to be store under in bulkhead amazing because a lot of people will put up due to row 8. Otherwise I guess I will stay in 12. As for the non moveable middles I don't care.
If you do not care about the lav, 7EF would be much superior in terms of seats. I wouldn't wholly discount the lav, but they're better solely from a legroom perspective.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 12:38 am

Which rows lack windows 737-900 V2?

Which rows are missing windows on the 737-900 with 20F/39E+/120E- (V2 on United's website)? I checked SeatGuru's V4, which is the same config, but no rows are labeled as missing windows. I would've expected it to be row 11 or row 12. Does anyone have firsthand experience with this aircraft?
Old Aug 15, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: United MP Platinum
I'm flying up front, and prefer F in the A319/320's. Haven't flown a red-eye in a 738 before, and can't decide if we do Row 1 or Row 4.

Appreciate any reco's.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by soyouwantausername
I'm flying up front, and prefer F in the A319/320's. Haven't flown a red-eye in a 738 before, and can't decide if we do Row 1 or Row 4.

Appreciate any reco's.
Personally I would do row 4 so I could stretch out my feet far under the seat in front of me, but the "bulkhead in F" debate is very much personal preference as there are a lot of trade-offs.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 12:36 am

any of rows 3, 4, 5 better or worse than the others? BWI-SFO. going to be a long flight...
Old Aug 16, 2018, 8:51 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by xerenthar
any of rows 3, 4, 5 better or worse than the others? BWI-SFO. going to be a long flight...
I'll take the easy part regarding row 5 as it should/might have limited recline due to the bulkhead wall behind it and let others chime in regarding row 3&4
Old Aug 16, 2018, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xerenthar
5 is terrible; half to no recline and the lav is right there. 3 and 4 are largely equivalent; I would take row 3 to be closer to the front for meal priority and also general ambiance.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 6:35 am

Transcon flight - Econ+ Next to the Lav or Econ aisle with an Empty Middle?

I'm Gold and have been unable to secure an Econ+ Aisle for tomorrow's EWR-SAN flight (737-900 V3). 7D became available at check-in, but I passed as it has the tray tables in the armrests (I'm 6', 240), so width is as important as legroom. Plus it's directly across from the Lav, so between the smells and people standing over me, I passed and staying with 34C, which currently has 34B empty. There are currently 20 middle seats empty rear of the wing and along with a dozen or so aisle and window seats.

I have a seat alert set for rows 9,10,21 aisles; but if not, I still think I made the right move.

PS = No chance of a CPU, as 19/20 FC seats booked.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 6:46 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by LarrySinNJ
I'm Gold and have been unable to secure an Econ+ Aisle for tomorrow's EWR-SAN flight (737-900 V3). 7D became available at check-in, but I passed as it has the tray tables in the armrests (I'm 6', 240), so width is as important as legroom. Plus it's directly across from the Lav, so between the smells and people standing over me, I passed and staying with 34C, which currently has 34B empty. There are currently 20 middle seats empty rear of the wing and along with a dozen or so aisle and window seats.

I have a seat alert set for rows 9,10,21 aisles; but if not, I still think I made the right move.

The problem is that you don't know how many passengers have purchased Basic Economy tickets and their seats will be assigned at the airport. You are right that the bulkhead seat is a little narrower, but the same would be true for the Exit row. With so many seats sold in First Class there is not going to be too many good seats opening (unless there are passengers missing their connection).
Old Sep 10, 2018, 7:03 am

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Here's the catch - you made the right move if 34B stays empty. If not, you've put yourself in E- with no real advantage.

If it was me I'd secure the sure win (the extra legroom from E+, even if next to the LAV) and then see if something else in E+ opens up closer to departure.
coolbeans202 and drewguy like this.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle

I recently flew EWR-DEN on this aircraft in 7E and thought it was the best seat on the plane! Plenty of leg room, and I actually enjoyed having the lav close. There wasn't much traffic, and I never noticed any issue with smell, etc. I'd take that seat any day!
Old Sep 10, 2018, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by BBSHOPSINGER
I recently flew EWR-DEN on this aircraft in 7E and thought it was the best seat on the plane! Plenty of leg room, and I actually enjoyed having the lav close. There wasn't much traffic, and I never noticed any issue with smell, etc. I'd take that seat any day!

Well fortunately 9D opened up, so I’m in about as good a shape as possible. FWIW, I’m Gold, and am 24/35 on the upgrade list.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by BBSHOPSINGER
I recently flew EWR-DEN on this aircraft in 7E and thought it was the best seat on the plane!
A middle seat is best? Unpossible.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by drewguy
A middle seat is best? Unpossible.
Maybe D and F were empty
drewguy likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 11:23 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by chrisl137
Maybe D and F were empty
Yeah, maybe in that scenario, although then the "best seat on the plane" would usually be "the seat without someone adjacent"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.