Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything you want to know about 737-900 (739)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Everything you want to know about 737-900 (739)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2018, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by cur
does first row economy -- row 7 have cutouts for the legs? or is it bulkhead wall no cutouts
7ABC does not because of the Lav. 7DEF do have cutouts.

Last edited by drewguy; Jun 3, 2018 at 9:16 pm
Old Jun 8, 2018, 7:43 pm

Programs: SQ
Hi, Gurus! I am currently booked on SFO-MCO on the 737-900 V3 and I have Economy Plus middle seat 9E. I see that 7DE is available, and 7D aisle seat comes with a slight add-on $99 for the seat.

Should I take it? I am 6 feet tall, and quite stocky. Really appreciate any quick responses on this one as I am flying in about 23 hours time.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 8:31 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by ktang
I am 6 feet tall, and quite stocky. Really appreciate any quick responses on this one as I am flying in about 23 hours time.
Nonmovable armrests, so in effect seat is narrower. Methinks you'd be cramped. OK, more cramped than regular seat.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 11:32 pm

Programs: SQ
Originally Posted by EmailKid
Nonmovable armrests, so in effect seat is narrower. Methinks you'd be cramped. OK, more cramped than regular seat.
Thanks for the insight. I was worried the seats had thicker arm-rests, so I guess stick to the middle-seat it is.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by Lani1
Ecven in FC it is a long, uncomfortable flight!
I left a scathing review of the so-called FC seat on my recent DEN-PDX flight. I would require a chiro adjustment if I were to endure this seat on a transcon flight. The best we can do as a community is to take every opportunity to provide appropriate feedback to United for flying these abominations.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 7:04 am

Programs: Delta-Diamond Medallion, United-Premier 1K, Hilton-Gold, SPG-Gold, National-Executive, Hertz-Preside
Airlines provide their own interiors

Originally Posted by pnsnkr
I left a scathing review of the so-called FC seat on my recent DEN-PDX flight. I would require a chiro adjustment if I were to endure this seat on a transcon flight. The best we can do as a community is to take every opportunity to provide appropriate feedback to United for flying these abominations.
It's not the aircraft that is to blame, they come with no interior. United spec'd the interiors of their planes.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 1:09 pm

Location: California, Ex-AA Exec Plat (1999,2000,2002), AA Lifetime Plat
Can someone tell me which seat (window, middle, aisle) is best in terms of under seat space on the 737-900.

In particular, which area is the widest at the floor level, and which has the least "electronic boxes" hanging below.

My wife will be bringing a puppy from Belgium back to CA in six weeks. In cabin reservation for the pet in cabin has been made. We have done this trip with a puppy twice before on UA (no one even knew the puppy was there as it slept the entire trip), but it's been three years since the last puppy and I know the cabins and seats seem to be always changing. FYI, it will be a soft sided Sherpa carrier, so can always make due, but better to pick a seat without "extra" boxes under the seat.

It would be superb if someone traveling could take a couple of pictures of the under seat areas
Old Jul 16, 2018, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by aafflyer
Can someone tell me which seat (window, middle, aisle) is best in terms of under seat space on the 737-900.

In particular, which area is the widest at the floor level, and which has the least "electronic boxes" hanging below.

My wife will be bringing a puppy from Belgium back to CA in six weeks.
There's a 739 that United Air Lines flies from Belgium to California?

It would be superb if someone traveling could take a couple of pictures of the under seat areas
I have posted such pictures given my predilection unfortunate encounters with "droopy life vests" (I had a more colorful vernacular reference but the mods modified it...) but these were principally from seats in United "First". I'll look to see if I have others for seats in E+ or Y but I tend to try to sit in 21D (or 21C) so won't have many of window/mid/aisle.

David

Last edited by DELee; Jul 18, 2018 at 1:24 am Reason: correct incorrect word choice
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by DELee
There's a 739 that United Air Lines flies from Belgium to California?

I have posted such pictures given my predilection with "droopy life vests" (I had a more colorful vernacular reference but the mods modified it...) but these were principally from seats in United "First". I'll look to see if I have others for seats in E+ or Y but I tend to try to sit in 21D (or 21C) so won't have many of window/mid/aisle.

David
She flies initially from BRU to IAD. That's covered by a $159 E+ upgrade to seat 31B on a 777-200 (31B being a row with only A B directly behind row 30 A B C and thus gets both the under seat B and C areas -- as I said, done this before on previous trips bring a puppy back from Belgium). Hence, my question is only directed to the 737-900.

Any E or E+ pictures you can find would be great. I'm probably going to have to spring for E+ to have a "happy wife".

I scored a deal on a round trip ticket for $653, but it's the extras adding up ($125 dog fee + the E+ seats for the trip back to the states).
Old Jul 17, 2018, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by aafflyer
She flies initially from BRU to IAD. That's covered by a $159 E+ upgrade to seat 31B on a 777-200 (31B being a row with only A B directly behind row 30 A B C and thus gets both the under seat B and C areas -- as I said, done this before on previous trips bring a puppy back from Belgium). Hence, my question is only directed to the 737-900.

Any E or E+ pictures you can find would be great. I'm probably going to have to spring for E+ to have a "happy wife".

I scored a deal on a round trip ticket for $653, but it's the extras adding up ($125 dog fee + the E+ seats for the trip back to the states).
Is 7F available? There's space under the bulkhead behind the first class seats.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by drewguy
Is 7F available? There's space under the bulkhead behind the first class seats.
It is available, but how high up off the floor is the bottom of the bulkhead? Is it at least as high as the bottom of the seat in front of the bulkhead?

If not, going to be better off in a non bulkhead row.

Also, while the last two times we have done this, the puppy (different trips, different puppy) has made no noise and slept entire trip, it might be better and not risk a puppy under a first class seat.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 1:20 pm

Boeing 737-900 Row 7 Any Advice

Flying from BWI to SFO on Labor Day and was given a choice between row 7 or row 12. However, row 12 is right before the exit row which means limited recline? Trying to find a seat map but shows a row 14 and row 15 before exit row 20 and 21. Question is does row 7 bulkhead have room to put my bag underneath. Will be in window and middle.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 2:22 pm

See a long discussion about these birds here: Everything you want to know about 737-900 (739)

The absence of rows 14 and 15 in the seatmap you're seeing is because it's an interim map and UA doesn't want to put people in row 14 if it doesn't exist in the actual bird, or let E- customers sit in row 15 and then get converted to free E+ if that's the version you get.

In all real versions, there is at least one row between 12 and 20, so row 12 should recline.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by ADeutsch
. Question is does row 7 bulkhead have room to put my bag underneath. Will be in window and middle.
Row 7DEF have a cutout in front allowing bags to be store under the F seats.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 4:18 pm

Thanks. So which is the better seat? 12AB or 7EF in Econ plus? I don't care about the bathroom but if there is a small cut out for a brief case and backpack to be store under in bulkhead amazing because a lot of people will put up due to row 8. Otherwise I guess I will stay in 12. As for the non moveable middles I don't care.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.