Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything you want to know about 737-900 (739)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Everything you want to know about 737-900 (739)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2012, 7:11 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier
+1 on the blow back, it really is there. I know there is extra leg room but.....with the new E+ seating showing up more and more I would choose one of those seats over the lav/bulk head.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 7:16 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by danville 1K
Regardless of the seats being used it wouldn't have been that difficult to put E+ on the plane when they were configuring the seating. Mr. Smisek is missing out on an upsell opportunity for no good reason.
It cost UA today. I bought a ticket and was going to click the upsell to E+...then I looked at SeatGuru and saw that E+ had the same 31 inch pitch as E-. Um...no thanks on the upsell to nothing.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I noticed my flight is on one of the non-DirectTV 737-900 planes (ugh) and I'm in F...is the 900 like the non-DirectTV 800s where row 1 in F has a HUGE amount of legroom? Thinking of switching from row 2 to 1 if that's the case.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 10:28 am
Formally known as reinmedia

Is there anyplace to find out if your -900 will have DirecTV? ualcargo is showing aircraft type D10, haven't seen that one before. I'm hoping to watch some football on my transcon tomorrow.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 9:59 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Can anyone elaborate about the legroom of row 20? I realize the recline is limited, but is it a bulkhead in front of me or just more space between me and the next row of seats?
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:44 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
737-900

I am on UA199 this afternoon from ORD-PHX. The plane is a 737-900 which I have not flown before.
It lists "Live DirectTV" as an amenity. Is this correct?

What can some of you who have flown this plane before tell me about the ride? I have a confirmed UDU so in First.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by snapper6768
I am on UA199 this afternoon from ORD-PHX. The plane is a 737-900 which I have not flown before.
It lists "Live DirectTV" as an amenity. Is this correct?

What can some of you who have flown this plane before tell me about the ride? I have a confirmed UDU so in First.
It's an sCO plane. You do get live DirecTV in every seat; free in F, paid in Y. DirecTV is watchable most of the time, but does cut out due to weather from time to time. Other than that, not much to say about it. It's almost as large as 752, but you board from the front door, not one in the middle. So expect a lot of people walk by you during boarding.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
actually this is a good spot for me to ask, has the temporarly seats from the koito mess been resolved?

a little background, after the koito safety record debacle, the pmCO 739's (this mess happened pre-merger) had some with DTV and some with temporary seats without DTV. it was always a crapshoot as to whether your bird would have DTV or not and you wouldn't really know until the day of departure. if that's still true then your bird would fall into this category, but anyone know if they've switched out all the seats yet with the b/e products?
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by bob_the_d
actually this is a good spot for me to ask, has the temporarly seats from the koito mess been resolved?

a little background, after the koito safety record debacle, the pmCO 739's (this mess happened pre-merger) had some with DTV and some with temporary seats without DTV. it was always a crapshoot as to whether your bird would have DTV or not and you wouldn't really know until the day of departure. if that's still true then your bird would fall into this category, but anyone know if they've switched out all the seats yet with the b/e products?
Apparently not as I was on one a few weeks back. Not sure why it's taking UA so long. Of course one gets stuck on these birds on long haul flights. Why couldn't it have been iah-dfw? lol
Old Sep 29, 2012, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Best seat in Business for overnight transcon?

I've got a redeye flight in the front cabin booked, and have the option of selecting 1A or 2A. Any recommendations? Equipment is 737-900, route is SEA-IAD. Is it possible to get up from the window in the bulkhead and not disturb the pax in the aisle seat? I usually like leaning against windows on redeyes, so a window seat is preferable.

I've also got a EWR-SEA leg later on this year in business on a 738. I haven't flown the new United J class yet- is service typically conducted from front of the cabin to rear (meal orders etc.)? Flown plenty of US domestic F, and it is hit or miss. Any favorite seats to grab or avoid? Seat map is showing everything available- cabin is wide open.

Thanks for any tips.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 11:03 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
The difference between an E+ aircraft and non E+ aircraft is E+ aircraft dont have a row 14, while E+ aircraft do have a row 14.
Confused. Which is it? No row 14 = E+ plane? The fleet tracking site is great by the way.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 12:14 am

Programs: UA Gold/1MM
Angry No IFE and in-seat power on this 737-900

I thought all the 737-900 were brand new aircraft but shocked to see this guy being used on transcon that lacks all the entertainment. Is this really the case? and if so I will avoid 737-900 from now on.

Old Sep 30, 2012, 12:19 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by tashi
I thought all the 737-900 were brand new aircraft but shocked to see this guy being used on transcon that lacks all the entertainment. Is this really the case? and if so I will avoid 737-900 from now on....
some don't -- 16 of 64 don't
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...rtainment.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...g-ife-etc.html
Old Sep 30, 2012, 12:42 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
I have flown on that one before, also out of SAN. And have also flown on many 739s that do have the power/DirecTV as well as new Boeing interior. Its the luck of the draw.

The great part about it is that you dont have to hear the blaring DirecTV commercial on board.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 2:26 am

Programs: UA Gold/1MM
Originally Posted by JC5280
I have flown on that one before, also out of SAN. And have also flown on many 739s that do have the power/DirecTV as well as new Boeing interior. Its the luck of the draw.

The great part about it is that you dont have to hear the blaring DirecTV commercial on board.
Great... this one time that I get upgraded I dont get IFE.. although I was looking forward to In Seat Power more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.